Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Siephen Ross

Go down 
+2
wshoes
BOLEACH7
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Siephen Ross Empty
PostSubject: Siephen Ross   Siephen Ross EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 2:17 pm

I take it he is the biggest donor .... has any other big name donor come out and said that they support Brandon ?.... what are the regents and the president afraid of , that Ross will stop donating ? .... it seems a no brainer that Brandon has to go , they is no other way around it ... yes the poor play on the field is there but Brandon has generated a ton of bad publicity for the university in mainstream news media
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Siephen Ross Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siephen Ross   Siephen Ross EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 3:08 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
I take it he is the biggest donor .... has any other big name donor come out and said that  they support Brandon ?.... what are the regents and the president afraid of , that Ross will stop donating ? .... it seems a no brainer that Brandon has to go , they is no other way around it ... yes the poor play on the field is there but Brandon has generated a ton of bad publicity for the university in mainstream news media  

Ross is tricky, clearly he is tight with Brandon- but he would have the ear of any athletic director. I think ultimately he goes along with a change. Dangerous to be beholden to one guy if he puts up a fight. I don't know if his money is all committed or likely some of it just pledged, which would mean he could pull back on some of it.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Siephen Ross Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siephen Ross   Siephen Ross EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 4:07 pm

Also the theory out there that he, as the owner of the Dolphins, is going to go after Jim Harbaugh this offseason. Perhaps some support for Dave Brandon with the thought in mind that if DB stays in AA, JH won't end up there. Better chances to snag him.

Just a theory that's floating around. No basis to it, at this point.

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Siephen Ross Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siephen Ross   Siephen Ross EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 4:49 pm

wshoes wrote:
Ross is tricky, clearly he is tight with Brandon- but he would have the ear of any athletic director. I think ultimately he goes along with a change. Dangerous to be beholden to one guy if he puts up a fight. I don't know if his money is all committed or likely some of it just pledged, which would mean he could pull back on some of it.

'shoes

Admin wrote:
Also the theory out there that he, as the owner of the Dolphins, is going to go after Jim Harbaugh this offseason. Perhaps some support for Dave Brandon with the thought in mind that if DB stays in AA, JH won't end up there. Better chances to snag him.

Just a theory that's floating around. No basis to it, at this point.

IMO both of these are spot on. Although I wouldn't be surprised to see Oakland throw a grip load of money at him too. Mrs Harbaugh has become extremely fond of the bay area and they will be looking for a long term solution next year also.

joe

Siephen Ross Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siephen Ross   Siephen Ross EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 5:35 pm

I honestly am not certain Jim is a long term solution for anyone, including us.

He has a very abrasive personality towards, well, just about everyone.

Not sure how donors and alum will handle him.

People say "Just win games" but that will only go so far.

JMHO

wshoes

Siephen Ross Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siephen Ross   Siephen Ross EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 5:54 pm

joe wrote:
I honestly am not certain Jim is a long term solution for anyone, including us.

He has a very abrasive personality towards, well, just about everyone.

Not sure how donors and alum will handle him.

People say "Just win games" but that will only go so far.

JMHO

Hard to say IF Jim came- would he go back to NFL? I'm willing to take the chance because it would likely mean we'd had a few years of success, and he left Stanford in pretty good shape. The Mich job would again be a a plum at that point.

John Harbaugh is probably a safer choice though.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

Siephen Ross Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siephen Ross   Siephen Ross EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 6:35 pm

Word on the street is that with the HUGE Addidas contract ending Brandon is wanted to negotiate a new deal with either Nike or Under Armour. Addidas is out. Players don't like their stuff and are not required to wear Addidas shoes because they are shitty.

Last edited by dwoody on Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : There, meant their)
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Siephen Ross Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siephen Ross   Siephen Ross EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 7:31 pm

Players like Nike because Nike has spent a fortune marketing their stuff for the last 35 years (with the money spent for marketing coming out of the quality of the product) with most of the big names-Jordan et al. Their shoes are no better quality than Adiddas. I'd prefer Under Armor to Nike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Siephen Ross Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siephen Ross   Siephen Ross Empty

Back to top Go down

Siephen Ross
Page 1 of 1