Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Old ESPN bit on AC...

Go down 
+2
BetterThansparty
Admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Old ESPN bit on AC... Empty
PostSubject: Old ESPN bit on AC...   Old ESPN bit on AC... EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:20 pm

came across this on Youtube while digging up videos for the other post. Says ESPN ranked AC as the #2 WR...I'm assuming that's for college.

Check it out...

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Old ESPN bit on AC...   Old ESPN bit on AC... EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 10:30 pm

Not fair, I can't watch it. Why do you do this crap to me?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Old ESPN bit on AC...   Old ESPN bit on AC... EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:07 am

2ndComingOfBo wrote:

I made this Anthony Carter highlight reel a couple years ago if that can make you feel any better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVF-FsumaT8
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Old ESPN bit on AC...   Old ESPN bit on AC... EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:09 am

WolverineHistorian wrote:
2ndComingOfBo wrote:

I made this Anthony Carter highlight reel a couple years ago if that can make you feel any better.

WOAH WOAH WOAH....Are you WolverineHistorian from youtube, with all the awesome videos????????? I've spent days of my life watching your content.

Well done, sir.

I'm glad you're here with us! You'll have to let us know when you upload new stuff....

(As for 2nd, what he means is he simply can't watch video - embedded or streaming - on his computer. Has a virus, he said.)

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Old ESPN bit on AC...   Old ESPN bit on AC... EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:15 am

2ndComingOfBo wrote:

The bug I have won't allow me to watch any video. Stop it! You're killing me... Mad

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Old ESPN bit on AC...   Old ESPN bit on AC... EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:17 am

Email the link to yourself, watch at work tomorrow. Very Happy

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Old ESPN bit on AC...   Old ESPN bit on AC... EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:23 am

Admin wrote:
Email the link to yourself, watch at work tomorrow. Very Happy

I'm out in the community all day, maybe 15 minutes in the office checking e-mail/phone messages/schedule...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Old ESPN bit on AC...   Old ESPN bit on AC... EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 2:11 am

Admin wrote:
2ndComingOfBo wrote:

WOAH WOAH WOAH....Are you WolverineHistorian from youtube, with all the awesome videos????????? I've spent days of my life watching your content.

Well done, sir.

I'm glad you're here with us! You'll have to let us know when you upload new stuff....

(As for 2nd, what he means is he simply can't watch video - embedded or streaming - on his computer. Has a virus, he said.)

Yeah, that's me. I was invited here by my friend MichMike. We go way back to the MLive days when that place was...still covered with trolls and haters but not as bad as it is now.

I'm glad you enjoy the content. I just recently uploaded highlights of the 06 Ball State game. Very ugly game but Brady Hoke was Ball State's coach so it's kind of interesting to go back and look at it now. I've tried embedding videos here before but they never pop up for some reason. I must be doing something wrong.

To 2ndComingOfBo, my bad. I apologize. Didn't know you had a bug/virus/whatever.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Old ESPN bit on AC...   Old ESPN bit on AC... EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 4:55 am

To 2ndComingOfBo, my bad. I apologize. Didn't know you had a bug/virus/whatever.

sa'll right, one of these days I'll get it fixed....

Not your fault anyway (is it).

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Old ESPN bit on AC...   Old ESPN bit on AC... EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 10:35 am

Admin wrote:
2ndComingOfBo wrote:

Well done, sir.

Yeah, that's me. I was invited here by my friend MichMike. We go way back to the MLive days when that place was...still covered with trolls and haters but not as bad as it is now.

I'm glad you enjoy the content. I just recently uploaded highlights of the 06 Ball State game. Very ugly game but Brady Hoke was Ball State's coach so it's kind of interesting to go back and look at it now. I've tried embedding videos here before but they never pop up for some reason. I must be doing something wrong.

To embed videos:

Click on the film strip looking icon above the message box (if you roll your cursor over it, it will say 'video').

Go to youtube, and copy the full link from the address bar.

Paste that link into the little box that popped up when you clicked 'video'.

Click 'OK'.

There you go. Your HTML for the embedded video will now be in the message you're composing.

It will automatically place that HTML at the very bottom of the message. So, if you're writing about something, then decide to add a video, the HTML will be all the way at the bottom. If you decide you want that video say, in the middle of your post, you'll have to cut/paste that HTML code wherever you want the video to be located within your content.

joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Old ESPN bit on AC...   Old ESPN bit on AC... EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 10:52 am

Dang, I took an HTML course in college (albeit when I was 40) and figured I'd never use it.

Now I actually understand this shit! lol

PostSubject: Re: Old ESPN bit on AC...   Old ESPN bit on AC... EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 11:02 am

2006 Ball State game was Bo's last home game (and last game I attended that Michigan won).
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Old ESPN bit on AC...   Old ESPN bit on AC... EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:54 pm

Just testing for embed. Thanks for the info on how to do it.

Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Old ESPN bit on AC...   Old ESPN bit on AC... EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 1:10 pm

As always, W.H. aka A.G.B., a professional job! One thing all those vid's brought to mind for me was the importance of John Wangler. Man, I loved him at QB. Adequate, if not overly powerful, arm, and very, VERY adequate
accuracy. Prior to his disastrous knee injury, courtesy of a future NFL-all-Pro-turned-thug named L.T., in the 1979 Gator Bowl, he was something like
6-of-8 for a mind-boggling 203 yards for that game: a 34-ypc AVERAGE!! Of course, having the incomparable AC out there was no small factor...

I was so glad he was able to rehab that knee (through what Bo himself called the most determined personal effort he'd ever witnessed..."Sometimes I had to KICK HIM OUT of the weight room so I could lock it up and go home to bed!") the following off-season, and was
such an integral part of Bo's first Rose Bowl victory 1-1-81.
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Old ESPN bit on AC...   Old ESPN bit on AC... EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 1:46 pm

That video actually doesn't do him justice because I only have 16 of his games and he played in 48.

AC himself said his two favorite plays were the Indiana catch (obviously) and his 78 yard punt return for a touchdown in his first ever game against Northwestern in 79. But that game was never televised unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Old ESPN bit on AC...   Old ESPN bit on AC... EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 1:50 pm

I was watching the highlight W.H. put together and one thing I kept thinking was how terrible Wangler's passes looked.

They always got where he needed them but man, were they some ugly passes.

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Old ESPN bit on AC...   Old ESPN bit on AC... EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 2:02 pm

THEstjoemfan wrote:
I was watching the highlight W.H. put together and one thing I kept thinking was how terrible Wangler's passes looked.

They always got where he needed them but man, were they some ugly passes.

I think you have Wangler confused with Steve Smith. Carter played 2 years with Wangler and 2 years with Smith.

Poor Steve Smith. He may have been the LEAST popular quarterback we ever had. The student section actually booed him when his name was announced at the Indiana game in 1982.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Old ESPN bit on AC...   Old ESPN bit on AC... EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 2:03 pm

Back in those days you used to have to watch Sunday highlights. It was a great show, but it was also the only way to see your favorite players. We used to watch it, then a bunch of us would go to the high school field, jump the fence and play some football. Used to always be arguments about who was AC. Great times.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Old ESPN bit on AC...   Old ESPN bit on AC... EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 2:04 pm

Well WH I watched all of the clip and neither Smith nor Wangler really looked very good.

But I did go back and look and Smith's were far more terribler!!! lol

QUACK QUACK

PostSubject: Re: Old ESPN bit on AC...   Old ESPN bit on AC... Empty

Back to top Go down

Old ESPN bit on AC...
Page 1 of 1