Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Player development

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
stjotoo

Player development Empty
PostSubject: Player development   Player development EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 4:39 pm

I find it very disappointing to see an interesting comparison, although it only involves 2 players, albeit probably the most important position for the teams: quarterback. O$U lost their starting QB prior to their season, a likely All-American and Heisman candidate. They had no choice but to go with an inexperienced redshirt freshman, a kid named Barrett. The team struggled early in the season against Navy and lost to a poor VaTech team. But as the season progressed, so did he. He has put up some astounding statistics during recent games and had a lights out performance against the Spartoons.

On the other hand, Devon Gardner appears to have worsened throughout his career as a starting QB. Fumbles, sacks (not always his fault), interceptions, apparent indecisiveness, and misreads seem to be constantly happening. How can O$U coaches rapidly develop their kid in such a short time while the UM kid regresses throughout his 5 year career??? Admittedly he has had different offensive coordinators and systems while at Michigan, but he apparently had the potential when he was recruited. But his performance has been abysmal. And to top everything off, there is no one with any significant experience backing him up. What does the immediate future of the program look like? We need coaches who can teach and inspire!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Player development Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player development   Player development EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 4:46 pm

It's a very good point.

The difference between the two coaching staffs and their ability to develop is perfectly summed up by Barrett and Gardner.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
jjabilene

Player development Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player development   Player development EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 4:50 pm

Admin wrote:
It's a very good point.

The difference between the two coaching staffs and their ability to develop is perfectly summed up by Barrett and Gardner.

+1. You can say the same thing about MSUs staff too.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Player development Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player development   Player development EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 5:20 pm

one more thing we should all remember, Barrett was recruited to play QB in a spread/option system. Cook was recruited to play QB in a pro system. All that happened.

Gardner was recruited to play QB in spread system. Instead was a back up. Then he got a new head coach. Then he switched positions. Then he switched systems. Also, he got another new OC. Then he switched positions back. Oh yeah then he got yet another OC. I feel like I missing something... oh yeah, the new OC changed up the system a bit.

Not making excuses for him, he's been just terrible. No progression whatsoever. Decisions getting worse even. But I think maybe comparing DG to other guys in his position might not be the best gauge. Although I fully agree, for the most part our player development is just terrible.
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

Player development Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player development   Player development EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 9:11 pm

but the new OC worked exclusively with Gardner all summer, just feel this guy is not ready for the Big time, and has been one of the reason the season has been so dismal . The defense has been better than expected.If the offense would have could have done anything. I think we would be 6-4 right now, lets face it Minny was better than advertise. ND is better than Michigan right now, Utah was team than Michigan, Rutgers was the only game we let get away in my opinion
Back to top Go down

Player development Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player development   Player development EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 9:12 pm

but the new OC worked exclusively with Gardner all summer, just feel this guy is not ready for the Big time, and has been one of the reason the season has been so dismal . The defense has been better than expected.If the offense would have could have done anything. I think we would be 6-4 right now, lets face it Minny was better than advertise. ND is better than Michigan right now, Utah was  team than Michigan, Rutgers was the only game we let get away in my opinion
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Player development Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player development   Player development Empty

Back to top Go down

Player development
Page 1 of 1