Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dawson decommits.

Go down 
+4
MichiganFootball13
Admin
WillieMfan
fishgoblue22
8 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Dawson decommits. Empty
PostSubject: Dawson decommits.   Dawson decommits. EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 1:49 pm

nm
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Dawson decommits. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawson decommits.   Dawson decommits. EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 1:55 pm

You're quick Fish. Can't believe this guy. Seems like Prima Dona. Needs his ego stroked constantly. On Twitter complaining about being bored. I don't think he is well liked. Wasn't he the one that was going to take a visit because the other Michigan recruits left him at a camp?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Dawson decommits. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawson decommits.   Dawson decommits. EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 2:37 pm

He wants to go visit Florida/South Carolina this weekend.

Hoke stuck to his policy of no visits. Wasn't going to budge.

Dawson's gone.

MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

Dawson decommits. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawson decommits.   Dawson decommits. EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 3:03 pm

So long sucker...if your heart is not 100% here than we will find someone whose is
Back to top Go down
Go_Blue

Go_Blue

Dawson decommits. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawson decommits.   Dawson decommits. EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 3:07 pm

I have zero problem with this. If you aren't 100% committed, you won't give 110% on the field.

booboo

Dawson decommits. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawson decommits.   Dawson decommits. EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 3:30 pm

Admin, do you or anyone else know if that is the policy of other coaches? I understand it is a gentlemens agreement, but my understanding the coach can back out of his verbal agreement wih kid. So why can't a kid tell a coach for my peace of mind I want to visit school A or school B. You hope the kid before he makes a verbal, he has talked with family, his HS coach, visited all schools he's interest in, etc. But your dealing with 17/18 yrs. old, kids who are prima donas.

Just curious, does M still recruit kids who have made verbals to other schools? I don't follow recruiting or recruiting web sites like others do.
Thanks for help!!

GO BLUR, BEAT THE SPARTIES!!!
Back to top Go down
Go_Blue

Go_Blue

Dawson decommits. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawson decommits.   Dawson decommits. EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 3:54 pm

Until the LOI is signed, neither party is committed. I'm sure most coaches ask their verbals to honor their word, but these kids are getting recruited earlier and earlier and verbaling earlier so I can only imagine there will be a higher rate of decommits. Hoke is just making sure that they are sure they want to be at UM and at the same time he is letting the commits know that not one of them is above UM or the Team.

BetterThansparty

Dawson decommits. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawson decommits.   Dawson decommits. EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 4:01 pm

http://michigan.scout.com/a.z?s=162&p=2&c=1229903&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fmichigan.scout.com%2f2%2f1229903.html

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Dawson decommits. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawson decommits.   Dawson decommits. EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 4:01 pm

It's a simple rule really. I am sure Hoke just says if you're not 100% committed to U of M then don't commit. Kids are free to take all of their visits and go to whatever schools you want. Look at what Treadwell and Green are doing. It's not like Hoke has pulled their offers because they are still looking at other schools. The bottom line is the kid should not commit unless you are 100% sure. Once you commit you are expected to keep your word.
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

Dawson decommits. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawson decommits.   Dawson decommits. EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 4:22 pm

WillieMfan, agree, thats why you your hope the kid has talked to family, trusted adults, his HS coach, weighed the pros & cons of each schools, his gut feeling, etc.

GoBlue, I understand about LOI, also agree about kids being recruited at an early age. You have 15 or 16 yrs. old being offered schlorships, asking them to make a big decision about their future life.
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

Dawson decommits. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawson decommits.   Dawson decommits. EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 3:41 pm

seems pretty simple to me don't sign LOI until your sure when you sure and ready commit, If not the look at other places to go. That Like saying I'll marry you then dating other girls. You just don't do that...

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Dawson decommits. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawson decommits.   Dawson decommits. EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 4:02 pm

When you sign you cannot visit any other schools. The first day that you can sign is the firsat Wednesday in Feburary fololowing your Senior season in High School. Everything up until then is a "verbal" and those are non-binding. Dawson was saying that he wanted to visit other schools (which you can read as get free vacations) after he verballed to Michigan. Coach Hoke said that he'll pull the offer if you aren't 100% committed to michigan. Dawson kept saying that he wanted to visit other schools, which may have been a cry for attention. Well, he got it. And the boot. Dawson is a big guy with some talent but he would be a cancer in the locker-room.

Bye-bye son of a bi$%&.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dawson decommits. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawson decommits.   Dawson decommits. Empty

Back to top Go down

Dawson decommits.
Page 1 of 1