Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

After that shit-show on Saturday I'm starting to lean towards Hoke being gone.

Go down 
+4
MgoBlue
MGOBLUEBC
wshoes
BetterThansparty
8 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

After that shit-show on Saturday I'm starting to lean towards Hoke being gone. Empty
PostSubject: After that shit-show on Saturday I'm starting to lean towards Hoke being gone.   After that shit-show on Saturday I'm starting to lean towards Hoke being gone. EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 5:05 am

Of course he still could be back (maybe) if no suitable replacement is located. Even the Daily is tired of this crap....

http://michigandaily.com/sports/alejandro-zuniga-michigan-wolverines-brady-hoke-football-maryland-jim-hackett-dayenu

Alejandro Zúñiga: Following Senior Day loss, enough is enough

By ALEJANDRO ZÚÑIGA, Managing Sports Editor
Published November 22, 2014

You sat at the podium in the Crisler Center media room Saturday and said you wouldn’t evaluate the football team until the season ended.

You, Jim Hackett, the interim Athletic Director, explained the program isn’t where it needs to be, but expressed hope head coach Brady Hoke’s squad would continue to show improvement.

Mr. Hackett, here is your evaluation: With everything on the line Saturday against Maryland, the Wolverines delivered a dud at home, 23-16.

And though a week remains before the season ends, you should already have prepared the message you’ll send. Michigan is 5-6 and fourth in the Big Ten East. It has found rock bottom repeatedly this year: with a shutout loss to Notre Dame, a blowout home loss to Minnesota, a road loss to Rutgers, an embarrassing loss to Michigan State, and now this.

There will be no bowl game. Rather, the Wolverines will win two fewer games than they did in 2013, which was one fewer game than they did in 2012, which was three fewer games than they did in 2011.

Enough.

Michigan has all the right pieces. It has Devin Gardner, once the No. 1 quarterback recruit in the nation, leading the team as a fifth-year senior. It has Devin Funchess, a 6-foot-5 athletic beast who was once tabbed a first-round NFL draft pick. It has Jake Ryan, a fifth-year senior middle linebacker who has been named a finalist for the Butkus Award. It has a fearsome defensive line.

Yet that loaded offense couldn’t score more than one touchdown against Maryland, and the toughened defense couldn’t stop the Terrapins when it mattered most.

Enough.

The Wolverines made most of the right plays Saturday. In the second half, they returned a punt for a touchdown, and they later stuffed Maryland in the red zone. But both times, the success was ruined by mistakes — a block in the back and a roughing-the-kicker penalty, respectively.

That resulted in Michigan, down by seven with only one timeout remaining, needing a touchdown to force overtime. Instead, Funchess failed to catch a pair of would-be first downs, and the Wolverines turned the ball over. They never got it back.

Enough.

The Wolverines pay Brady Hoke and Co. plenty to lead the program. Hoke is earning $2.3 million this year. Offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier has a three-year, $2.57 million deal.

Yet on first-and-goal in the second quarter, with Funchess one-on-one to the outside, Michigan ran it up the gut twice — once with Gardner, who was swarmed by four defenders — and then gave up a sack on third-and-long.

And then the Wolverines burned two timeouts in the third quarter, limiting their chances at a comeback as they fought for one in the fourth.

Enough.

Saturday marked a third defeat in five tries against Power 5 opponents at home. It marked another example of rival programs headed in different directions: Ohio State 42, Indiana 27; Michigan State 45, Rutgers 3; Maryland 23, Michigan 16.

It marked Ezekiel Elliott, a Buckeyes running back, saying they’re “about to grind really hard this week so we can come out and kick their ass,” while Drake Johnson, a Michigan running back, said, “I wouldn’t say it’s the biggest game of the year. Maybe it is.”

Enough.

Saturday marked the decommitment of Mike Weber, once a Michigan lock. It marked the seventh top-150 prospect from the 2015 class to rescind his verbal to the Wolverines.

Enough is enough.

There’s one game left, and then, Mr. Hackett, it’s your job to evaluate the football program. You know what to do.

Zúñiga can be reached at azs@umich.edu and on Twitter @ByAZuniga.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

After that shit-show on Saturday I'm starting to lean towards Hoke being gone. Empty
PostSubject: Re: After that shit-show on Saturday I'm starting to lean towards Hoke being gone.   After that shit-show on Saturday I'm starting to lean towards Hoke being gone. EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 8:49 am

"starting to lean" ??? Stop it, you're killing us here.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: After that shit-show on Saturday I'm starting to lean towards Hoke being gone.   After that shit-show on Saturday I'm starting to lean towards Hoke being gone. EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 8:53 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: After that shit-show on Saturday I'm starting to lean towards Hoke being gone.   After that shit-show on Saturday I'm starting to lean towards Hoke being gone. EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 8:57 am

Apparently someone has not been paying attention this season.
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: After that shit-show on Saturday I'm starting to lean towards Hoke being gone.   After that shit-show on Saturday I'm starting to lean towards Hoke being gone. EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 9:32 am

Leaning Like a tree in a Hurricane.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: After that shit-show on Saturday I'm starting to lean towards Hoke being gone.   After that shit-show on Saturday I'm starting to lean towards Hoke being gone. EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 4:04 pm

welcome to reality my Meechigan friend .... we told you so ... LOL
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: After that shit-show on Saturday I'm starting to lean towards Hoke being gone.   After that shit-show on Saturday I'm starting to lean towards Hoke being gone. EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 4:45 pm

Well done, my friend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: After that shit-show on Saturday I'm starting to lean towards Hoke being gone.   After that shit-show on Saturday I'm starting to lean towards Hoke being gone. EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 5:42 pm

I think Hackett has already given him the word. Thye just have not announced it yet for the better of the team, he will be released just before the B1G tournament game. Then hackett can officially look for perspective candidates.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: After that shit-show on Saturday I'm starting to lean towards Hoke being gone.   After that shit-show on Saturday I'm starting to lean towards Hoke being gone. EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 6:40 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
welcome to reality my Meechigan friend .... we told you so ... LOL

cheers

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: After that shit-show on Saturday I'm starting to lean towards Hoke being gone.   After that shit-show on Saturday I'm starting to lean towards Hoke being gone. EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 6:40 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
I think Hackett has already given him the word. Thye just have not announced it yet for the better of the team, he will be released just before the B1G tournament game. Then hackett can officially look for perspective candidates.  

That would not surprise me. He has looked very subdued for weeks now.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: After that shit-show on Saturday I'm starting to lean towards Hoke being gone.   After that shit-show on Saturday I'm starting to lean towards Hoke being gone. EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 7:13 pm

There was never any doubt that Hoke wsn't the guy, I was just saying that he might have deserved a chance without the DB Brandon in charge. As I sat there in the cold rain with a few Maryland fans behind me (why does that always happen to me? I had Toledo fans behind me at the game too) I started thinking why me? Seeing the lack-luster attendence (which I only missed by 80 as my guess was 101,637) made me realize that yea, maybe it is time. Constant coaching changes makes us michigan state though, but as long as we have someone good lined-up pull the trigger.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: After that shit-show on Saturday I'm starting to lean towards Hoke being gone.   After that shit-show on Saturday I'm starting to lean towards Hoke being gone. Empty

Back to top Go down

After that shit-show on Saturday I'm starting to lean towards Hoke being gone.
Page 1 of 1