Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm starting to think you will see Devin under center at noon on Saturday.

Go down 
+2
Admin
fishgoblue22
6 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

I'm starting to think you will see Devin under center at noon on Saturday. Empty
PostSubject: I'm starting to think you will see Devin under center at noon on Saturday.   I'm starting to think you will see Devin under center at noon on Saturday. EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 7:10 am

http://www.freep.com/article/20121101/SPORTS06/311010139/denard-Robinson-better-but-brady-Hoke-hedges-bets-at-michigan-quarterback?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Michigan%20Wolverines
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

I'm starting to think you will see Devin under center at noon on Saturday. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm starting to think you will see Devin under center at noon on Saturday.   I'm starting to think you will see Devin under center at noon on Saturday. EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 10:03 am

I'm thinking the same thing.

joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: I'm starting to think you will see Devin under center at noon on Saturday.   I'm starting to think you will see Devin under center at noon on Saturday. EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 11:05 am

PSHAW!

WTF do you guys know? sunny

Denard will get 200 yards rushing Sayerday.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: I'm starting to think you will see Devin under center at noon on Saturday.   I'm starting to think you will see Devin under center at noon on Saturday. EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 11:50 am

Denard doesn't need practice reps., when he's in the game it's all about him. If he goes down, which happened last week, we're in trouble. Thuis the reason for Devin getting more reps. in practice. Denard will start, but just in case he doesn't finish Devin will be better prepared. After the Bellomy experiment failed miserably, Devin is back to being the #2 guy and heir apparent to Denard. Bellomy may still play a series or a snap if Denard needs to come out mid-series while Devin is on the field but IMHO Devin is #2.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: I'm starting to think you will see Devin under center at noon on Saturday.   I'm starting to think you will see Devin under center at noon on Saturday. EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 2:02 pm

So I think we're all in agreement that Minnesota should be a fairly easy game for the team to manage.

That said, do we stick with Bellomy and get him some reps at a pace that allows him to make some mistakes and not cost us the game and get some time in not playing from behind in an environment that isn't hostile?

I would assume most of you are feeling like I am about Bellomy. I don't want to throw the guy under the bus. I understand the mistakes and the subsequent loss last week but I also understand that this Minnesota game can provide the perfect environment to help ease him into the role of an effective back up QB.

I say start Denard the first half. By the half the score should be 24 -7. In the second half give Bellomy the lion's share of the load. The O should score some points with him in the game and that should help get his confidence up a bit. Then put in Gardner for mop up duty the last series of the game.

Discuss....

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: I'm starting to think you will see Devin under center at noon on Saturday.   I'm starting to think you will see Devin under center at noon on Saturday. EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 2:04 pm

I don't know if Minn will be an easy game. I'm starting to worry about them. They are 5-3 and just routed Purdue.
Back to top Go down
HailToTheVictors!

PostSubject: Re: I'm starting to think you will see Devin under center at noon on Saturday.   I'm starting to think you will see Devin under center at noon on Saturday. EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 3:49 pm

Minny is rolling with a Freshman QB (Mattison licks his lips), and word is their best WR is out with an ankle injury. If this game is close, then our offense really sucks.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: I'm starting to think you will see Devin under center at noon on Saturday.   I'm starting to think you will see Devin under center at noon on Saturday. EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 4:04 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I don't know if Minn will be an easy game. I'm starting to worry about them. They are 5-3 and just routed Purdue.

Purdue was vastly overe-rated this year. They are now 3-5 (0-4 in the B1G). Yes, Minny is 5-3, but they are 1-3 in conference. Their 4 OOC wins coming against UNLV, New Hampshire, Western Michigan, and Syracuse. They lost to Iowa 31-13!

'fish, relax....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: I'm starting to think you will see Devin under center at noon on Saturday.   I'm starting to think you will see Devin under center at noon on Saturday. EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 4:09 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
That said, do we stick with Bellomy and get him some reps at a pace that allows him to make some mistakes and not cost us the game and get some time in not playing from behind in an environment that isn't hostile?

I would assume most of you are feeling like I am about Bellomy. I don't want to throw the guy under the bus. I understand the mistakes and the subsequent loss last week but I also understand that this Minnesota game can provide the perfect environment to help ease him into the role of an effective back up QB.

I say start Denard the first half. By the half the score should be 24 -7. In the second half give Bellomy the lion's share of the load. The O should score some points with him in the game and that should help get his confidence up a bit. Then put in Gardner for mop up duty the last series of the game.

Discuss....

I agree, for the most part. I "think" that Denard goes the first 2-3 series. Then Devin the next 2-3, with Bellomy coming in to wrap it up (not exactly mop-up time but still he should get a quarter or so, much of which he'll be able to throw the ball in).

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I'm starting to think you will see Devin under center at noon on Saturday.   I'm starting to think you will see Devin under center at noon on Saturday. EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 4:10 pm

Routing Purdue has become the norm for every team in the B1G.

It wouldn't surprise me if Illinois or Indiana blew them out too.

Much like HailToTheVictors said, if this game is even remotely close, we have some serious issues.

This game should be the same as last year, which was a 58-0.

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: I'm starting to think you will see Devin under center at noon on Saturday.   I'm starting to think you will see Devin under center at noon on Saturday. EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 4:37 pm

I'm thinking more along the lines of 38-7 (38-14 if there is a blown coverage)...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm starting to think you will see Devin under center at noon on Saturday.   I'm starting to think you will see Devin under center at noon on Saturday. Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm starting to think you will see Devin under center at noon on Saturday.
Page 1 of 1