Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

All Good

Go down 
+2
hailtoyourvictor
MgoBlue
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MgoBlue

All Good Empty
PostSubject: All Good   All Good EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 1:21 am

Great effort by Michigan tonight. Sure it sucks to be so close and lose BUT they could have easily been blown out. Shortly after halftime Nova was blowing our doors off and Michigan was using all of its timeouts. It was getting brutally ugly. Michigan fought back and had a chance to win it.

Hopefully this will be a humbling loss. I hope to see these guys get hungrier and work harder. All about the growing process. Go Blue!
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

All Good Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Good   All Good EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 1:38 am

Yup. This is the first time that Donnal, Doyle, Chatman, Wilson, MAAR, and Dawkins will feel that "so close....." feeling. You can't win them all and losing to a good Villanova team, early in the season, is about as good of a win as you're going to get.

This win would have been great, but maybe this learning point helps Michigan notch a bigger win like @Arizona or @Wisconsin down the road.

One thing is for sure, this team has fire and it has talent.

dwoody

All Good Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Good   All Good EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 7:21 am

Consider that they were down by 13 and came all the way back. The last in-bound under the basket worked and should have won the game, but for a fantastic block. This team will be fine, and will look better next time we see them. Why?......Coaching!
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

All Good Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Good   All Good EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 10:50 am

dwoody wrote:
Consider that they were down by 13 and came all the way back. The last in-bound under the basket worked and should have won the game, but for a fantastic block. This team will be fine, and will look better next time we see them. Why?......Coaching!

dwoody, agree 1000% with your last 2 words, Why?........coaching! cheers
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

All Good Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Good   All Good EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 11:53 am

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
Yup. This is the first time that Donnal, Doyle, Chatman, Wilson, MAAR, and Dawkins will feel that "so close....." feeling. You can't win them all and losing to a good Villanova team, early in the season, is about as good of a win as you're going to get.

This win would have been great, but maybe this learning point helps Michigan notch a bigger win like @Arizona or @Wisconsin down the road.

One thing is for sure, this team has fire and it has talent.

I agree with the "so close......" feeling. Keep em' hungry

I have my doubts on just how good Villanova is though.

Our boys had me so high and so low last night but there are a handful things that are clear...

1. due to youth and unlike the past two years, more often than not, we will not have the most talented team every time we take the floor this year.

2. this team is going to make a lot of mistakes

3. this team doesn't quit.

4. Beilein has to figure out a better way to offset the problem inside. I have faith he will. Although I will give him a pass because Doyle and Donnal couldn't keep their hands to themselves last night.

5. it's going to be a roller coaster year  Very Happy

the artist formally known

All Good Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Good   All Good EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 1:55 pm

Michigan coming back to lead by 7 points after being down 13 was sweet, Beilin kept Beifelt in about 2 minutes to long i would have brought doyle back wit 5 minutes to go and up 3 points, also then would have had Donnal coming back if doyle fouled out, Biefelt lost several battle in the last 4 minutes that attributed to Michigan's lost. I didn't think Michigan was going to win this game any way but be up until the last 35 seconds and losing it after a great inbound play is did hearting

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

All Good Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Good   All Good EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 4:18 pm

Sandy, I agree with everything you said aside from your doubts about Villanova. Jay Wright is a solid coach and returned 6 of his top 7 players from a team that went 29-5 (2 seed) last season. Who knows how far that team would have went last year if they didn't get screwed by playing UConn in the 2nd round?

I'm not sure if Villanova has the guns to hang with a couple of the top teams, but there is no doubt in my mind that 'Nova is a top 10 team this year.

sandyeggo_blue

All Good Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Good   All Good EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 5:10 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
Sandy, I agree with everything you said aside from your doubts about Villanova. Jay Wright is a solid coach and returned 6 of his top 7 players from a team that went 29-5 (2 seed) last season. Who knows how far that team would have went last year if they didn't get screwed by playing UConn in the 2nd round?

I'm not sure if Villanova has the guns to hang with a couple of the top teams, but there is no doubt in my mind that 'Nova is a top 10 team this year.

I took into consideration your post about our youth, their experience and what they did last year and I just didn't see a top 10 team from them. If they do end up a top 10 team then I'm glad we hung in so long though.

All Good Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Good   All Good Empty

Back to top Go down

All Good
Page 1 of 1