Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Report is Jim Hacket staying on

Go down 
+7
sandyeggo_blue
GOBLUEJOE66
jjabilene
MGOBLUEBC
dwoody
gm_goblue1205
fishgoblue22
11 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Report is Jim Hacket staying on Empty
PostSubject: Report is Jim Hacket staying on   Report is Jim Hacket staying on EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 11:33 am

http://michigan.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Hackett-To-Stay-On-As-Athletic-Director-33280698
Back to top Go down
gm_goblue1205

gm_goblue1205

PostSubject: Re: Report is Jim Hacket staying on   Report is Jim Hacket staying on EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 11:42 am

I hope he's the right guy but i hope he gets a big time hire for the football team
Back to top Go down
gm_goblue1205

gm_goblue1205

PostSubject: Re: Report is Jim Hacket staying on   Report is Jim Hacket staying on EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 11:43 am

I hope he's the right guy but i hope he gets a big time hire for the football team
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Report is Jim Hacket staying on   Report is Jim Hacket staying on EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 11:44 am

Well, I expected he would be around for at least six months. There was a story a week or so ago that he was going to stay long enough for an orderly "transition" and AD search, so he would be around until at least March or April. Is that "for the foreseeable future"?
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Report is Jim Hacket staying on   Report is Jim Hacket staying on EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 11:45 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
http://michigan.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Hackett-To-Stay-On-As-Athletic-Director-33280698

Oh sh*t, not liking what I'm reading here.....
Hackett did not lay out a timetable regarding the future of Brady Hoke, but the belief is that if Michigan does not qualify for a bowl game, they will make a decision shortly after the game on Saturday against Ohio State.

I was hoping Hoke would be gone no matter the outcome this weekend. Makes it difficult to cheer on our team this Saturday knowing he may be retained if they win. Wow, that's a tough one for me. No way I can't root for our team, but dam, having Hoke return will just kill me. This is BS.

Got to cheer on the team!
GO BLUE!
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: Report is Jim Hacket staying on   Report is Jim Hacket staying on EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 11:48 am

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:

Hackett did not lay out a timetable regarding the future of Brady Hoke, but the belief is that if Michigan does not qualify for a bowl game, they will make a decision shortly after the game on Saturday against Ohio State.

I was hoping Hoke would be gone no matter the outcome this weekend. Makes it difficult to cheer on our team this Saturday knowing he may be retained if they win. Wow, that's a tough one for me. No way I can't root for our team, but dam, having Hoke return will just kill me. This is BS.

GO BLUE!

If you've ever seen the way Michigan performs on the road under Hoke, I don't think you have anything to worry about.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: Report is Jim Hacket staying on   Report is Jim Hacket staying on EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 11:49 am

This could actually help some with the coaching search. I think it would have been a negative for prospective coaches not knowing who the permanent AD would be.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Report is Jim Hacket staying on   Report is Jim Hacket staying on EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 11:50 am

jjabilene wrote:
MGOBLUEBC wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:

GO BLUE!

If you've ever seen the way Michigan performs on the road under Hoke, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

LOL, yeah I know, but it'd be my luck they win BIG!
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Report is Jim Hacket staying on   Report is Jim Hacket staying on EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 11:56 am

My initial gut reaction when I read the story was that I am not sure this is the right decision. However, if that is the decision - that is the decision and hope and pray that he brings us a COACH!!

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Report is Jim Hacket staying on   Report is Jim Hacket staying on EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 11:56 am

jjabilene wrote:
...If you've ever seen the way Michigan performs on the road under Hoke, I don't think you have anything to worry about...

HA! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Report is Jim Hacket staying on   Report is Jim Hacket staying on EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 12:14 pm

I'm avoiding conflicting emotions by spending Saturday early-pm with my wife, will learn about the game at 4 p.m.
Back to top Go down
gm_goblue1205

gm_goblue1205

PostSubject: Re: Report is Jim Hacket staying on   Report is Jim Hacket staying on EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 12:26 pm

dwoody wrote:
I'm avoiding conflicting emotions by spending Saturday early-pm with my wife, will learn about the game at 4 p.m.
Well we should know how it went by 3 20 or 3 30 on saturday heck i turn my phone off while im in asheville
Back to top Go down
gm_goblue1205

gm_goblue1205

PostSubject: Re: Report is Jim Hacket staying on   Report is Jim Hacket staying on EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 12:27 pm

dwoody wrote:
Well we should know how it went by 3 20 or 3 30 on saturday heck i turn my phone off while im in asheville
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Report is Jim Hacket staying on   Report is Jim Hacket staying on EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 12:28 pm

dwoody wrote:

Stay connected to this forum dwoody....I'll post the scores, etc. every 10 minutes or so!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy (JUST KIDDING!!)

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Report is Jim Hacket staying on   Report is Jim Hacket staying on EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 12:34 pm

Fox Sports reporting basically the same thing. Haven't seen anything on ESPN yet. Yes, I am not at work today!! LOL

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/michigan-wolverines-big-ten-athletic-director-jim-hackett-112614

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
stjotoo

PostSubject: Re: Report is Jim Hacket staying on   Report is Jim Hacket staying on EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 2:25 pm

I hope this move, where a successful businessman takes over an athletic program, works better than the last UM AD director appointee did (think Dave Brandon)! The other possible candidates mentioned (ADs at UConn, UMass, Northwestern, Arkansas) all have been actively involved in athletics primarily and the business of athletics secondarily. Some even have been at Michigan. Don't get me wrong: The business end of the department is critically important, but naturally the football engine drives the athletic train. Hopefully Jim Hackett has a very good knowledge of public relations also, which was obviously lacking in Brandon.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Report is Jim Hacket staying on   Report is Jim Hacket staying on EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 2:56 pm

The bright side of this is that he can get serious at the coaching search. It would be hard to get a good coach with an interim tag.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Report is Jim Hacket staying on   Report is Jim Hacket staying on EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 3:10 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
The bright side of this is that he can get serious at the coaching search.  It would be hard to get a good coach with an interim tag.

+10

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Report is Jim Hacket staying on   Report is Jim Hacket staying on EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 5:12 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
The bright side of this is that he can get serious at the coaching search.  It would be hard to get a good coach with an interim tag.

agree
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Report is Jim Hacket staying on   Report is Jim Hacket staying on EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 6:23 pm

Called it.....

Well, maybe not called it but that's what I heard yesterday. And yes I did post it:

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
...and the "rumor" was that Jimmah is coming home.  I'm not saying that this is a certainty as a lot can happen between now and Januray (or later depending on if San Francisco makes the post-season and hoe far they go) but that's what people are saying.  Please note: those people are not involved directly with the football program.

Also of news, Jim Hackett will be staying on as AD.  Once again this is not guaranteed but it's what is being mentioned on State St.

Jimmah will be next. Although I'm still not 100% convinced that Hoke will be let go, it's closer to 94.9%...
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Report is Jim Hacket staying on   Report is Jim Hacket staying on EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 6:31 pm

This was posted twice so I'll say it twice I believe it when I see it
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Report is Jim Hacket staying on   Report is Jim Hacket staying on EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 8:36 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
This was posted twice so I'll say it twice I believe it when I see it

Like I said, it was a rumor (not set in stone) but it came from the same guy who told me about Hackett. Does that mean for certin that it'll happen? No. But he sounded much more confident in the Harbaugh speil than what he said about Hackett.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Report is Jim Hacket staying on   Report is Jim Hacket staying on EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 8:40 pm

Hoke is gone.... let's stop beating that dead horse... he inferred as much in his presser
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Report is Jim Hacket staying on   Report is Jim Hacket staying on EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 9:51 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
Hoke is gone.... let's stop beating that dead horse... he inferred as much in his presser

Amen BO.

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Report is Jim Hacket staying on   Report is Jim Hacket staying on Empty

Back to top Go down

Report is Jim Hacket staying on
Page 1 of 1