Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jim Harbaugh Future

Go down 
+3
fishgoblue22
wshoes
stjotoo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
stjotoo

Jim Harbaugh Future Empty
PostSubject: Jim Harbaugh Future   Jim Harbaugh Future EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 8:51 am

I saw a story on Yahoo! today about Jim Harbaugh's future possibilities if he leaves the 49ers. One is Oakland; another, of course, is Michigan, but the real shocker is Kansas. There are pros for each of the possibilities: If it's Oakland the family would not have to leave the Bay area, which they love. If it's Michigan, he is a graduate and played under Bo. But the surprising mention of Kansas stated he would be in complete control of the football program and that his wife is from Kansas City (Oh, Oh). Hopefully Jim will be a control freak in this scenario if the possibility arises (LOL)!

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Jim Harbaugh Future   Jim Harbaugh Future EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 8:58 am

stjotoo wrote:
I saw a story on Yahoo! today about Jim Harbaugh's future possibilities if he leaves the 49ers.  One is Oakland; another, of course, is Michigan, but the real shocker is Kansas.  There are pros for each of the possibilities: If it's Oakland the family would not have to leave the Bay area, which they love.  If it's Michigan, he is a graduate and played under Bo.  But the surprising mention of Kansas stated he would be in complete control of the football program and that his wife is from Kansas City (Oh, Oh).  Hopefully Jim will be a control freak in this scenario if the possibility arises (LOL)!

Will the Raiders even be in Oakland in three years?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Jim Harbaugh Future   Jim Harbaugh Future EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 9:36 am

I don't see the Raiders as a serious option. That team, from owner on down is a mess. Bart Scott on CBS last week called it a place for older players to steal a paycheck.

I think Harbaugh would have total control of the football program at UM as well. I really think Hacket, although similar background, is completely different personality than Brandon. He seems like he wants to be as far from the spotlight as possible.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Jim Harbaugh Future   Jim Harbaugh Future EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 9:55 am

Kansas?? You talk about totally out of the blue (no pun intended!) Smile WOW!!

Go Blue!! Smile

the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Jim Harbaugh Future   Jim Harbaugh Future EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 2:51 pm

Sorry guys I just don't see him coming to Michigan. 1 reason is I see him having to many other options. 2. I see him holding all the cards and holding the position for ransom. 3 past transgression may come into play. Just to many factors coming into play.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Jim Harbaugh Future   Jim Harbaugh Future EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 3:46 pm

Mrs Harbaugh is from the Kansas City area and I heard a while back that it was on their short list before he went to Stanford. I also heard that (for obvious reasons) Kansas was an option before Brandon was gone. I think IF he goes back to college UM would be heads and shoulders above Kansas.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Jim Harbaugh Future   Jim Harbaugh Future EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 3:56 pm

stjotoo wrote:
I saw a story on Yahoo! today about Jim Harbaugh's future possibilities if he leaves the 49ers.  One is Oakland; another, of course, is Michigan, but the real shocker is Kansas.  There are pros for each of the possibilities: If it's Oakland the family would not have to leave the Bay area, which they love.  If it's Michigan, he is a graduate and played under Bo.  But the surprising mention of Kansas stated he would be in complete control of the football program and that his wife is from Kansas City (Oh, Oh).  Hopefully Jim will be a control freak in this scenario if the possibility arises (LOL)!

I love it when idiots (writers, not you stjotoo) try to act like they know what they are talking about.  Kansas City is in Missouri, NOT Kansas!  I almost got into a fight one night with a drunk in a bar who did not understand that exact same fact.  The moron was also so plowed that he didn't realize the difference between the American and National leagues...

However, Lawerence, Kansas is only 40 miles from Kansas City but still.  Control is something Jimmah covets but he'd of course have complete control over the Michigan Football program.  Would you rather be given te keys to a Mustang (Michigan) or a rusted-out Chevette (Kansas)?  The control issue is also why I do not see Jimmah going to another NFL team.  I told you a couple days ago that the scuttle-butt on State St. is that Jimmah will be back in Ann Arbor...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
stjotoo

PostSubject: Re: Jim Harbaugh Future   Jim Harbaugh Future EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 5:47 pm

There is a Kansas City, Kansas across the MO river from "The" Kansas City. But let's not split hairs. During one of the tailgates earlier this fall, I heard from a source very close to the UM football program that Jim Harbaugh would come to Michigan "in a heartbeat". And I hope this scuttlebutt is not just that. You have mentioned the State Street rumors before TNBO and hopefully we will see these materialize.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Jim Harbaugh Future   Jim Harbaugh Future EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 8:17 pm

I'd keep it on the downish-low because we don't want to spook Jimmah.  That and we don't want Herbie to get this news...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Jim Harbaugh Future   Jim Harbaugh Future EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 9:01 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
I'd keep it on the downish-low because we don't want to spook Jimmah.  That and we don't want Herbie to get this news...

Well, since pretty much every sports media has had Jimmah at the very top of the UM list for a very long time, I don't think us keeping our "Front Street scuttle-butt" from Herbie really plays here! LOL

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Jim Harbaugh Future   Jim Harbaugh Future EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 9:37 pm

It was said tongue-in-cheek but yea...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Jim Harbaugh Future   Jim Harbaugh Future EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 12:40 am

I was sure it was...that is why the LOL at the end. LOL

Go Blue!! Smile

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jim Harbaugh Future   Jim Harbaugh Future Empty

Back to top Go down

Jim Harbaugh Future
Page 1 of 1