Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Future B1G Divisions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Future B1G Divisions Empty
PostSubject: Future B1G Divisions   Future B1G Divisions EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 7:57 pm

The BTN has come up with some different scenarios. What do you all like?

http://btn.com/2012/12/13/take-the-survey-which-division-ideas-do-you-prefer/
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Future B1G Divisions   Future B1G Divisions EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 8:07 pm

I can't see and east-west or inner-outer division for the simple fact that Michigan and O$U would be in the same division. You have to think that the B1G officials have it in their mind that a UM vs O$U championship game is best for the conference.

One thing I do see is that both the east-west and inner-outer scenarios seem to keep most of the major rivalry games in play.

If I had a vote. I'd vote Option 1

PostSubject: Re: Future B1G Divisions   Future B1G Divisions EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 8:25 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
I can't see and east-west or inner-outer division for the simple fact that Michigan and O$U would be in the same division. You have to think that the B1G officials have it in their mind that a UM vs O$U championship game is best for the conference.

One thing I do see is that both the east-west and inner-outer scenarios seem to keep most of the major rivalry games in play.

If I had a vote. I'd vote Option 1

a couple notes: I dont understand how the inner/outer is even fair. it would seem that the outer division gets shafted with travel time and expenses.

i actually voted for the east/west as #1 choice, and the current +1 as 2. I'm not sure how cool it would be to see OSU/UM in the NC game. Could you imagine how crazy things could get if that game is played at a neutral site, more specifically with the fans? There are always more fights and arrests on a neutral site, because traveling fans are out of their element, and the self-monitoring mixed w/alcohol goes completely off with a lot of fans. I'm not sure I could take sharing a town with a bunch of shitfaced asshole sucknuts.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Future B1G Divisions   Future B1G Divisions EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 9:03 am

IMO, a North vs South division makes MUCH more sense.

North:
Michigan
MSU
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Iowa
Purdue
Northwestern

South:
Ohio State
Nebraska
Illinois
Indiana
Penn State
Rutgers
Maryland

Being a yooper, it is nice to be able to go to games at Camp Randall and Minneapolis.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Future B1G Divisions   Future B1G Divisions EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 9:16 am

As long as UM and OSU stay in different divisions, I really don't care how the rest shake out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Future B1G Divisions   Future B1G Divisions Empty

Back to top Go down

Future B1G Divisions
Page 1 of 1