Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The guys who returning in 2015

Go down 
+3
dwoody
fishgoblue22
gm_goblue1205
7 posters
AuthorMessage
gm_goblue1205

gm_goblue1205

The guys who returning in 2015 Empty
PostSubject: The guys who returning in 2015   The guys who returning in 2015 EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 1:58 pm

QB
Russell Bellomy
Shane Morris
Wilton Speight

RB/FB
Derrick Green
Sione Houma
Ty Isaac
Drake Johnson
Dennis Norfleet
Wyatt Shallman
DeVeon Smith

WR/TE
Ian Bunting
Freddy Canteen
Jaron Dukes
Drake Harris
Khalid Hill
Da'Mario Jones
Joe Reynolds
Maurice Ways
AJ Williams
Devin Funchess ?(probably going pro)

OL
Juwann Bushell-Beatty
Mason Cole
David Dawson
Chris Fox
Kyle Kalis
Patrick Kugler
Erik Magnuson
Dan Samuelson

DL

Matt Godin
Willie Henry
Maurice Hurst Jr.
Lawrence Marshall
Bryan Mone
Brady Pallante
Ondre Pipkins
Henry Poggi
Tom Strobel
Chris Wormley

LB
Michael Ferns
Noah Furbush
Ben Gedeon
Royce Jenkins-Stone
Michael McCray
Mario Ojemudia
James Ross
Jared Wangler
Chase Winovich

CB/S
Reon Dawson
Jourdan Lewis
Jabrill Peppers
Terry Richardson
Channing Stribling
Brandon Watson

K/P/LS/ATH
Allen Gant
Jareth Glanda
Delano Hill
Scott Sypniewski

I haven't Add the Committees yet but that's the guys that will be back next season
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: The guys who returning in 2015   The guys who returning in 2015 EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 2:00 pm

You missed Darboh and Chesson at WR

Miller and Glasgow on the OL

Boldon and Morgan LB
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: The guys who returning in 2015   The guys who returning in 2015 EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 2:05 pm

Big deal, if they don't have competent coaching.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: The guys who returning in 2015   The guys who returning in 2015 EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 3:25 pm

dwoody wrote:
Big deal, if they don't have competent coaching.

POST OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: The guys who returning in 2015   The guys who returning in 2015 EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 4:17 pm

you also missed kenny allen. He should be our K/P next year. I'm really excited to watch 2014 recruit Andrew David come in and see him hit a 60+ yd FG for us.

gm_goblue1205

PostSubject: Updated 2015 Michigan Football Roster as of 12/2/15   The guys who returning in 2015 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 10:38 am

will update it when newer recruits are coming or transfers

QB
Russell Bellomy
Shane Morris
Wilton Speight
Alex Malzone(FR)
RB/FB
Derrick Green
Sione Houma
Ty Isaac
Drake Johnson
Dennis Norfleet
Wyatt Shallman
DeVeon Smith

WR/TE
Ian Bunting
Freddy Canteen
Jaron Dukes
Drake Harris
Khalid Hill
Da'Mario Jones
Joe Reynolds
Maurice Ways
AJ Williams
Devin Funchess ?(probably going pro)
Amara Darboh
Jehu Chesson
Jake Butt

OL
Juwann Bushell-Beatty
Mason Cole
David Dawson
Chris Fox
Kyle Kalis
Patrick Kugler
Erik Magnuson
Dan Samuelson
Graham Glasgow
Jon Runyan Jr.(FR)
Grant Newsome(FR)
DL

Matt Godin
Willie Henry
Maurice Hurst Jr.
Lawrence Marshall
Bryan Mone
Brady Pallante
Ondre Pipkins
Henry Poggi
Tom Strobel
Chris Wormley

LB
Michael Ferns
Noah Furbush
Ben Gedeon
Royce Jenkins-Stone
Michael McCray
Mario Ojemudia
James Ross
Jared Wangler
Chase Winovich
Joe Bolden
Desmond Morgan

CB/S
Reon Dawson
Jourdan Lewis
Jabrill Peppers
Terry Richardson
Channing Stribling
Brandon Watson
Tyree Kinnel(FR)

K/P/LS/ATH
Allen Gant
Jareth Glanda
Delano Hill
Scott Sypniewski
Kenny Allen
Andrew David(FR)
Brian Cole(FR)

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: The guys who returning in 2015   The guys who returning in 2015 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 11:26 am

I think Blake Countess returns too
Back to top Go down
gm_goblue1205

gm_goblue1205

PostSubject: Re: The guys who returning in 2015   The guys who returning in 2015 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 12:38 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
did blake reshirt right
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: The guys who returning in 2015   The guys who returning in 2015 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 12:45 pm

gm_goblue1205 wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
did blake reshirt right

I think he did after he blew out his knee.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: The guys who returning in 2015   The guys who returning in 2015 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 12:47 pm

gm_goblue1205 wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
did blake reshirt right

yes it was a medical.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: The guys who returning in 2015   The guys who returning in 2015 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 12:50 pm

Yeah, Blake Countess favorited a tweet announcing the Hoke fire. Reading way too much into that, I think he sticks around another year.

Thanks for compiling that list. It's nice to look and see the cupboard isn't bare. This is how I'd rank the position groups as they stand:

Tier 1:
RBs - Drake Johnson has the potential to be great. Ty Isaac is an elite talent also. DeVeon Smith started half of our games this season, returns, and very well might be the 4th best RB on the roster next year.

Tier 2:
OL - The size and talent is there. Experience and consistency is crucial and I think this group impresses next year.
LBs- Nice mix of talent, depth, and experience.
DBs - With Countess and Peppers, this might be our most talented group. Depth has killed Michigan at this position in the past so hopefully we can avoid that. Justice Hayes came in with the versatility to play RB, WR, or CB, so maybe we see him make the switch next season for depth. I'd rather have a 3rd/4th CB option than a 5th RB option.
DL - Rounding out what should be a very solid defense is Michigan's DLine. I'm curious as to what defensive scheme the new regime is going to run.

Tier 3
WRs - We might not have an elite #1 option like Funchess (though maybe Harris?), but there are still some things to like about this group. The group reminds me of the Hemingway/Roundtree/Gallon years with good but not great talent.

Tier 4
QB - This could be ugly. All I hope is that our run game is dominant enough to make the QB position easy. Hopefully Morris puts it together this offseason, but I'm not overly optimistic about that.
STs - Ew.

gm_goblue1205

PostSubject: Re: The guys who returning in 2015   The guys who returning in 2015 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 12:56 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
gm_goblue1205 wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
did blake reshirt right

yes it was a medical.

He should be back next year
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: The guys who returning in 2015   The guys who returning in 2015 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 1:01 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
...STs - Ew...

gotta disagree with you here. Speaking only of the kicking game....

I know Allen has next to zero experience but this kid has a leg. I think Hagerup averaged 42-ish a punt this year. I will bet you a beer that Allen does that in his first year. I saw this kid kick in person and didn't know he was a UM recruit. I seriously thought he was an NFL kicker.

FG kickers are a special/weird breed. Confidence comes with time but I'm telling you Andrew David is gonna be good for UM. this kid as a MAJOR leg. I hate to say but I think he'll be as good, if not better than Wile by the end of the year.

I will agree that the complete lack of experience is scary but I feel way better about lack of experience from this group than I do if it were say the DBs or the WRs.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: The guys who returning in 2015   The guys who returning in 2015 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 3:45 pm

I just thought of something, did Issac sign anything saying that he was coming to Michigan? If not he could theoretically go somewhere else and play next year. He already sat out the transfer year. Does he have to sign like vall recruits do? If that is the case then Feb. 4th will be the earliest day that he can sign. I seriously don't know, anyone?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: The guys who returning in 2015   The guys who returning in 2015 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 4:19 pm

as big as the coaching hire is .... the QB situation is very perilous .... we can only hope that it was the lack of coaching that has stunted Morris into developing as a capable starting QB .... just look at Barrett, he hadn't taken a game snap for almost two years but it became obvious that he had been well prepared by the staff to take over if necessary .... Speight has been talked up but is he really the answer like Morris was supposed to be ... Malzone seems like a great prospect with a ton of upside .... whomever the coach will be needs a top flight QB coach , because another couple of years of Gardner type production will kill this team
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: The guys who returning in 2015   The guys who returning in 2015 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 5:51 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
I just thought of something, did Issac sign anything saying that he was coming to Michigan?  If not he could theoretically go somewhere else and play next year.  He already sat out the transfer year.  Does he have to sign like vall recruits do?  If that is the case then Feb. 4th will be the earliest day that he can sign.  I seriously don't know, anyone?

No, he can't. He has enrolled at UM and practiced with the team. Once he is enrolled, he's a member of the team. If he transfers again, he would lose a year of eligibility. Unless he goes to 1AA or lower.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: The guys who returning in 2015   The guys who returning in 2015 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 9:00 pm

OK, wasn't 100% positive but yea the fact that he's taking classes makes sense. However, he still hasn' played a snap for Michigan. I wouldn't think he'd have to sit out another year but we'll go with what you said.

Additionally, I wonder how Ty is feeling about all of this?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The guys who returning in 2015   The guys who returning in 2015 Empty

Back to top Go down

The guys who returning in 2015
Page 1 of 1