Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This would be interesting....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

This would be interesting.... Empty
PostSubject: This would be interesting....   This would be interesting.... EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 6:48 pm

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/12/report_oregon_state_contacts_b.html

Report: Oregon State contacts Brady Hoke about vacant head coaching job

By Nick Baumgardner | nbaumgardner@mlive.com
on December 08, 2014 at 10:46 AM, updated December 08, 2014 at 10:47 AM

While Michigan continues to search for Brady Hoke's replacement, the former U-M coach may not be unemployed for long

According to a report from 247sports.com's Josh Newberg, Oregon State has contacted Hoke to discuss its vacant head coaching position.

The Beavers lost Mike Riley to Nebraska last week after a 5-7 campaign in 2014. Riley had been Oregon State's coach since 1997, going 93-80 in that span.

Hoke, of course, has a history with Oregon State. He served as an assistant coach with the Beavers program from 1989-1994. It was the last assistant coaching job he had before joining Lloyd Carr's staff at Michigan in 1995.

The other tie-in here, of course, comes with Oregon State athletic director Bo De Carolis. De Carolis served a variety of roles inside Michigan's athletic department for 19 years. When Hoke arrived in Ann Arbor in 1995, De Carolis was still a senior associate athletic director with the school, a job he kept until 1998.

Should any more movement happen here, potentially leading to a hire, then Hoke would be inside Michigan Stadium for the Wolverines' 2015 home opener.

Michigan is scheduled to host Oregon State on Sept. 12.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
stjotoo

PostSubject: Re: This would be interesting....   This would be interesting.... EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 6:54 pm

I read the same report on Bleacher Report. I hope he gets the job (for his sake), but one wonders that one of the schools in the Power Five conferences might still be in over his head.

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: This would be interesting....   This would be interesting.... EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 7:18 pm

I'm still saying that it wasn't so much too big of a job, it's Michigan.  Michigan gets more criticisim that any other entity out there, and from all angles.  Every school, fan, alum, media outlet, etc. loves to talk about what Michigan "should do".  It has reached a level where being the Head Football Coach at Michigan is no longer an attractive job.  DB Brandon didn't do us any favors either.  I'm really starting to doubt Jimmah coming home but I WILL NOT say that he isn't until I hear it come out of his own mouth.  I've also seen articles that have Miles staying put.  Again we don't know for sure but that might actually come as a relief, I'm not a Miles fan.  I wanted him here over Hoke, until 2011 when I was snowed by how Michigan played.  However, the more I think about it the more I think Hoke should have stayed.  If you care to remember I was all for giving Hoke another year UNTIL THE MARYLAND GAME.  I went to that game and sat in the cold rain watching that fiasco, that's what changed my mind.  If we're only looking at results yes get rid of Hoke, but college football and Michigan is abut much more.  I still support the decision but I wonder at times.  This is why no one wants to come here...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: This would be interesting....   This would be interesting.... EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 7:51 pm

I'll be shocked if they hire him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This would be interesting....   This would be interesting.... Empty

Back to top Go down

This would be interesting....
Page 1 of 1