Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jim or bust ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Jim or bust ? Empty
PostSubject: Jim or bust ?   Jim or bust ? EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 6:04 pm

don't get me wrong .... I think that he is the home run hire that will have us competing for a playoff spot by 2016 .... if he says no it will sting .... but I will be very happy with a Miles or Mullen hire ... with all the sources saying Michigan has an equal chance to get Jim , I feel that some fans may be totally pissed if he says no ..... they may think that we again have to settle for a second tier choice ... if Jim had said NO even before Hoke was fired , then Miles and Mullen would be seen as top choices right off ... Sam Webb said he was asked on a segment on a sports talk show if Michigan alum and fans would finally get behind their coach .... that says a lot about the national perception about Michigan fans .... so I hope that the majority of fans will be like all of us on here and see that Miles and Mullen are great choices .... now if Schiano is hired all bets are off
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Jim or bust ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim or bust ?   Jim or bust ? EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 7:27 pm

Bo, I would be fine with either of those two.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Jim or bust ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim or bust ?   Jim or bust ? EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 8:47 pm

for me personally there are two parts to this

1. did UM make a fair shot at landing JIM? did they reach out? was the contract offer fair. etc?

if YES, then this UM fan can accept it and move on if JIM were to say no.

2. is plan B acceptable?

for me - the average UM fan - plan B is a pool of 3-5 proven coaches. Schiano is not in there. If we hire any of MY five plan B guys then I'll be happy.

I know how terrible that sounds but I tend to think I'm not alone with my plan B guys.

What I don't want is the UM power faction to be divided on a coach hire and/or the fan base to be divided on the new coach hire, and having half of the fans creating a www.fire<insert coach here>.com website before we even get off the ground.

all UM stakeholders need to be united if we're going to right the ship.

Jim or bust ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim or bust ?   Jim or bust ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Jim or bust ?
Page 1 of 1