Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jaron Dukes Video...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Jaron Dukes Video... Empty
PostSubject: Jaron Dukes Video...   Jaron Dukes Video... EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 8:38 pm

Very short, but worth seeing...

The first highlight is JD burning Cam Burrows, a 'stud' Ohio commit (CB). He finished the game with 6 grabs, 173 yards and 2 teddy's. Boom. cheers

After seeing it, the kid's size isn't an overestimate. He's definitely right around 6-5.

Pros:

1.) Size
2.) Hands
3.) Ability to find the ball in the air
4.) Takes advantage of his size and catches the ball at its highest point

Cons:

1.) Needs to work on his speed (possible)
2.) Undisciplined routes.... i.e. shitty route running (easy fix if the kid gives a damn)

To hell with it all....here's what matters:

(From MGoBlog): "Informative Update: According to Michael Spath of The Wolverine, Dukes is the first-ever offensive skill position player from Columbus to commit to Michigan, which is pretty mind-boggling. Despite growing up in the heart of Buckeye country, Dukes actually is a lifelong Michigan fan, and he told me that he got emotional running onto the field at the Big House when he visited a couple weekends ago. Despite his trip going as well as it possibly could, he wanted to make sure he took the time to think things over and talk to his parents and coaches before coming to a decision; it appears he's thought things through."

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Jaron Dukes Video... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaron Dukes Video...   Jaron Dukes Video... EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 2:41 am

given the turn around I saw from the team last year I have no doubts that our staff could take a raw talent or a diamond in the rough and mold them into an absolute stud if the kid buys in and has the determination.

I know that sounds like a generic blanket statement that you could say about any coach at the DI level but it's simply not true. I've seen way to much raw talent on other teams (and on UM included) not live up the hype or develop their full potential.

I think this kid could be special. Someone on another post hit the nail on the head when they said, "you can't teach size"

Jaron Dukes Video...
Page 1 of 1