Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BREAKING NEWS DJ Durkin

Go down 
+4
fishgoblue22
hailtoyourvictor
BOLEACH7
gm_goblue1205
8 posters
AuthorMessage
gm_goblue1205

gm_goblue1205

BREAKING NEWS DJ Durkin Empty
PostSubject: BREAKING NEWS DJ Durkin   BREAKING NEWS DJ Durkin EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 4:58 pm

DJ Durkin is going to Michigan as the DC

http://thegatorfanatic.com/2014/12/30/breaking-dj-durkin-headed-to-michigan/
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS DJ Durkin   BREAKING NEWS DJ Durkin EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 5:16 pm

excellent news .... could be a future head coach here being groomed by Jim .... something we have lacked for years
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS DJ Durkin   BREAKING NEWS DJ Durkin EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 6:01 pm

Is he still going to coach Florida in their bowl game?

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS DJ Durkin   BREAKING NEWS DJ Durkin EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 6:53 pm

I would assume he is still coaching bowl game. Why wouldn't he? After/before practice he can call recruits. Coaching this game is good for him.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS DJ Durkin   BREAKING NEWS DJ Durkin EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 7:03 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
excellent news .... could be a future head coach here being groomed by Jim .... something we have lacked for years

Already there is talk about replacing Jim??? Yipes!
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS DJ Durkin   BREAKING NEWS DJ Durkin EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 7:10 pm

#fireharbaugh
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS DJ Durkin   BREAKING NEWS DJ Durkin EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 7:38 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I would assume he is still coaching bowl game.  Why wouldn't he?  After/before practice he can call recruits.  Coaching this game is good for him.

I've seen it done both ways.

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS DJ Durkin   BREAKING NEWS DJ Durkin EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 7:51 pm

gm_goblue1205 wrote:
DJ Durkin is going to Michigan as the DC

http://thegatorfanatic.com/2014/12/30/breaking-dj-durkin-headed-to-michigan/

I heard that he was offered the A&M job a week or so ago, but he has been kind of putting them on hold to see if JH comes to UM, so this would make sense!

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS DJ Durkin   BREAKING NEWS DJ Durkin EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 8:47 pm

Still the only one reporting it. May want to hold off a bit.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS DJ Durkin   BREAKING NEWS DJ Durkin EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 8:59 pm

I've seen o$u sites (elevenwarriors), Texas sites, and 247 reporting it.

http://michigan.247sports.com/Board/59424/Contents/Durkin-Official-To-Michigan-34251065

OK, it's still rumor so far but this isn't that large of a reach...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS DJ Durkin   BREAKING NEWS DJ Durkin EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 9:05 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
I would assume he is still coaching bowl game.  Why wouldn't he?  After/before practice he can call recruits.  Coaching this game is good for him.

I've seen it done both ways.

Not as an interim. I would question his character if he left them at this point.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS DJ Durkin   BREAKING NEWS DJ Durkin EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 10:01 pm

dwoody wrote:
BOLEACH7 wrote:

Already there is talk about replacing Jim??? Yipes!

just repeating what one of the pundits said ... Jim will be here a long time but he will build a foundation with a top coaching staff ... stuff happens , we made a home run hire this time , next time we may have a ready made replacement on the staff ... he will build something like Bo did to last for years even after he leaves
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS DJ Durkin   BREAKING NEWS DJ Durkin EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 11:10 pm

Bo: I was jk! Smile
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS DJ Durkin   BREAKING NEWS DJ Durkin EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 1:56 pm

Fish: Are you saying it's never happened? It happens and it has nothing to do with character. It has to do with logistics. There is very little time between now and National Signing Day. Durkin also has to relocate across the country. These things are often gentleman agreements in the system and aren't uncommon, which is why I asked. Drop the pompous asshole "stupid question" attitude because it was a valid question.

Heck, Florida's new coach, McElwain, isn't coaching his former team's bowl game. It isn't crazy to think that Durkin would do the same. It was a valid question.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS DJ Durkin   BREAKING NEWS DJ Durkin EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 4:08 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
Fish: Are you saying it's never happened? It happens and it has nothing to do with character. It has to do with logistics. There is very little time between now and National Signing Day. Durkin also has to relocate across the country. These things are often gentleman agreements in the system and aren't uncommon, which is why I asked. Drop the pompous asshole "stupid question" attitude because it was a valid question.

Heck, Florida's new coach, McElwain, isn't coaching his former team's bowl game. It isn't crazy to think that Durkin would do the same. It was a valid question.

Name me the last time a coach was named interim coach for a bowl game and then left before the bowl game. It doesn't happen. Coaches leave for new jobs or get fired all the time before bowl games, but a person designated as the interim just for the purpose of the bowl game will not leave before that game.

Yes, i would question his character if he guided these young men through bowl practices, after their coach was fired, and then bails on them on the eve of the game. Won't happen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS DJ Durkin   BREAKING NEWS DJ Durkin Empty

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS DJ Durkin
Page 1 of 1