Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Breaking news!!!!!

Go down 
+7
the artist formally known
EJinGA
fishgoblue22
wshoes
MGOBLUEBC
booboo
BetterThansparty
11 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Breaking news!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Breaking news!!!!!   Breaking news!!!!! EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 10:21 pm

I need to think of a new subject line for these but...

http://www.maizenbrew.com/2014/12/9/7364873/report-michigan-has-reached-out-to-lsu-head-coach-les-miles

"According to Scout.com's Sam Webb, Michigan has allegedly reached out to the representatives of LSU head coach Les Miles.

Miles was an offensive lineman for Michigan in the 70's and was a graduate assistant at Michigan from 1980-81."

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

Breaking news!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news!!!!!   Breaking news!!!!! EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 11:19 pm

Presuming this is true, does that mean Harbaugh through back channels has told M thanks but no thanks?

Or JH is still plan A, but just in case that fails M has a plan B?
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Breaking news!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news!!!!!   Breaking news!!!!! EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 11:36 pm

I would think that it's a "Just in case" precaution. Michigan has never even said that Harbaugh was first on their wish-list, it is just implied because well...

Michigan must wait until after the season unless SF works out a deal with Michigan. I'm thinking that if that happens it'll be with one-week to go. That way no other NFL team can get him. I have no way of knowing if that is right, I'd just prepare for the inevitable January 2-4 announcement.

Relax, we're Michigan. We got this. We left the last two hires up to idiots, well hiring Rich Clod wasn't that bad but "Michigan men" didn't like it and sabotaged the hick. I was willing to give Rich Clod the benefit of the doubt until the third loss to sparty. Is it just a coincidence that Hoke was fired after his third loss to sparty?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

Breaking news!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news!!!!!   Breaking news!!!!! EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 11:56 pm

Yea agree that all us fans are presuming Harbaugh is plan A.

I'm going with in Hackett we trust, for now. Just a gut feeling that he knows what he's doing, he has a well planned plan.

Listening to ESPN radio couple days ago, a reporter from SF was being interviewed. Said if SF loses to Seattle this weekend, especially if its an ass kicking, he could get fired Sunday night. Not any facts to back it up just a gut feeling.

Now if that happens could have an answer next week.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

Breaking news!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news!!!!!   Breaking news!!!!! EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 6:58 am

GO SEATTLE!!! Kick some ass!!!

lol
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Breaking news!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news!!!!!   Breaking news!!!!! EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 9:55 am

While Harbaugh is the grand slam home run, Les is probably the safest pick among all the rest. If he is chosen we would know that Lloyd's influence is no longer strong.

One possible plus to Miles, I think his age which is a negative otherwise, could be appealing to top assistant coaches who would have a real shot at succeeding him.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

Breaking news!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news!!!!!   Breaking news!!!!! EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 10:17 am

wshoes wrote:
While Harbaugh is the grand slam home run, Les is probably the safest pick among all the rest. If he is chosen we would know that Lloyd's influence is no longer strong.

One possible plus to Miles, I think his age which is a negative otherwise, could be appealing to top assistant coaches who would have a real shot at succeeding him.

'shoes

Hmmm, good point, shoes. He does hire good assistants.

Okay, now I feel better about hiring Miles. Still would rather have Jimmy, though.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Breaking news!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news!!!!!   Breaking news!!!!! EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 10:27 am

He needs to hire a QB coach. I think the QBs on this roster have fragile confidence, especially Morris
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

Breaking news!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news!!!!!   Breaking news!!!!! EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 10:35 am

I don't know. I just have a strange feeling it's going to be Harbaugh. I think he respects the program more than enough to make a 'no' public if he was sure he didn't want it, so Michigan could move on. I think if they give him what he would want, he'd take it.
Back to top Go down

Breaking news!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news!!!!!   Breaking news!!!!! EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 11:14 am

According to 97.1 Miles and Dukes coach have been contacted Dukes coach said NO I HAPPY WHERE I"M AT. What has Michigan become we can even get the 2nd page guys.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Breaking news!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news!!!!!   Breaking news!!!!! EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 11:42 am

the artist formally known wrote:
According to 97.1 Miles and Dukes coach have been contacted Dukes coach said NO I HAPPY WHERE I"M AT. What has Michigan become we can even get the 2nd page guys.

Duke said no one, including third parties contacted Cutcliffe.
Back to top Go down
gm_goblue1205

gm_goblue1205

Breaking news!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news!!!!!   Breaking news!!!!! EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 11:51 am

we all know that's a BS report
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Breaking news!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news!!!!!   Breaking news!!!!! EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 11:53 am

gm_goblue1205 wrote:

+1
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

Breaking news!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news!!!!!   Breaking news!!!!! EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 12:55 pm

gm_goblue1205 wrote:

Kind of like the Colin Cowshit report.......we were going to have a new coach by last weekend.......... an under the radar guy.

Ya, right Colin. We're still waiting, Colin.

Next expert!!!
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Breaking news!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news!!!!!   Breaking news!!!!! EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 1:22 pm

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
gm_goblue1205 wrote:

Kind of like the Colin Cowshit report.......we were going to have a new coach by last weekend.......... an under the radar guy.

Next expert!!!

+1

sandyeggo_blue

Breaking news!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news!!!!!   Breaking news!!!!! EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 1:29 pm

...What has Michigan become we can even get the 2nd page guys...

it's not what Michigan has or hasn't become. It's the BS that RichRod had to go through that exposed the Michigan atmosphere. No coach wants to go through that. Especially a coach with a family in tow. Coaches look at that and think that if you don't have previous Michigan ties then you're going to be treated second class and given no chance (RR) but if you do have previous Michigan ties then you're going to given the world to try to succeed (Hoke).

The way the University and the meddlers (looking at you Carr and your cronies) handled RichRod and publicly embarrassed him out of town is going to haunt Michigan for a long time if they don't get this next hire right.

We have to just face the fact that the mystique is gone and until UM can prove that sinister, backstabbing, good-ole-boy culture doesn't exist UM won't be able to grab whomever they want whenever they want just because it's Michigan.

GOBLUEJOE66

Breaking news!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news!!!!!   Breaking news!!!!! EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 1:35 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
MGOBLUEBC wrote:
gm_goblue1205 wrote:

Next expert!!!

+1

So, has he ever explained why he totally whiffed on that one....just like all of the other "experts" have? He was "just kidding"? Or his undershorts were too tight and cut off the blood flow to his brain? Or he used "Herbies" old source and the sucker is STILL telling lies? Just curious.

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

Breaking news!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news!!!!!   Breaking news!!!!! EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 1:57 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
...What has Michigan become we can even get the 2nd page guys...

it's not what Michigan has or hasn't become. It's the BS that RichRod had to go through that exposed the Michigan atmosphere. No coach wants to go through that. Especially a coach with a family in tow. Coaches look at that and think that if you don't have previous Michigan ties then you're going to be treated second class and given no chance (RR) but if you do have previous Michigan ties then you're going to given the world to try to succeed (Hoke).

The way the University and the meddlers (looking at you Carr and your cronies) handled RichRod and publicly embarrassed him out of town is going to haunt Michigan for a long time if they don't get this next hire right.

We have to just face the fact that the mystique is gone and until UM can prove that sinister, backstabbing, good-ole-boy culture doesn't exist UM won't be able to grab whomever they want whenever they want just because it's Michigan.  

This.

They have to get either Lester or Miles, because they're the only two really good coaches that they have a chance at. And if they do hire either, they're screwing themselves further in the future by proving that culture still exists.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Breaking news!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news!!!!!   Breaking news!!!!! EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 3:20 pm

Harbaugh , Mullen, Miles , Stoops, Mora Jr. .... get it done Mr. Hackett
Back to top Go down

Breaking news!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news!!!!!   Breaking news!!!!! EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 3:22 pm

Harbaugh, Shaw, Mora Jr

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

Breaking news!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news!!!!!   Breaking news!!!!! EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 4:59 pm

Harbaugh.    Jim then John.

Flip a coin for Miles, Mullen & Stoop. They are equal imo.

After that I'd try Tom Herman,  OC of the hated Bucknuts. This guy really impresses me......if I thought it didn't matter we needed a proven coach, I'd give him a try in a heartbeat. What he's done with the QB's at O$U is impressive.......also their OL. Whoever hires that dude for HC might hit a home run I am thinking. I'd like to see us hire him but I think we should stick with someone proven who could draw recruits.

OK, enough of my worthless opinion. Move on.

Bill
Back to top Go down

Breaking news!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news!!!!!   Breaking news!!!!! EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 6:00 pm

MGOBLUEBC wrote:

After that I'd try Tom Herman,  OC of the hated Bucknuts. This guy really impresses me......if I thought it didn't matter we needed a proven coach, I'd give him a try in a heartbeat. What he's done with the QB's at O$U is impressive.......also their OL. Whoever hires that dude for HC might hit a home run I am thinking. I'd like to see us hire him but I think we should stick with someone proven who could draw recruits.

Bill

Actually Blue I have him on a long list, but Most are looking for the home run, don;t know where I'd put him in the list of secondary choices

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
EJinGA

Breaking news!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news!!!!!   Breaking news!!!!! EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 1:37 pm

MGOBLUEBC wrote:

Bill

Herman would be my second choice after Jimmy.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Breaking news!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news!!!!!   Breaking news!!!!! EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 4:33 pm

Herman has been outstanding for bucknuts .... and Mullen has shown himself to be a top HC from the crier tree as has Whittingham .... if this was 7 years ago or even 4 years ago , I would be all for it .... he may go on to be a great HC .... but this program is so fragile we need the A++++++ hire , the proven guy who has experience making all the decisions from recruiting to coaching
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

Breaking news!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news!!!!!   Breaking news!!!!! EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 10:54 am

BOLEACH7 wrote:
Herman has been outstanding for bucknuts .... and Mullen has shown himself to be a top HC from the crier tree as has Whittingham .... if this was 7 years ago or even 4 years ago , I would be all for it .... he may go on to be a great HC .... but this program is so fragile we need the A++++++ hire , the proven guy who has experience making all the decisions from recruiting to coaching

Sure, but here's the problem. They're probably not going to get that guy...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Breaking news!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news!!!!!   Breaking news!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Breaking news!!!!!
Page 1 of 1