Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Derron Montgomery

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gm_goblue1205

gm_goblue1205

Derron Montgomery Empty
PostSubject: Derron Montgomery   Derron Montgomery EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 10:01 am

Another Hire by Jim and He's building an army 

Im proud to announce that I have been hired as the Primary WR's coach & grad assist. for the Michigan Wolverines #MichiganWolverines#GoBlue
— Derron Montgomery (@Mr_D_Montgomery)February 5, 2015
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Derron Montgomery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derron Montgomery   Derron Montgomery EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 2:08 pm

is he a G.A.?

I'm still a bit confused on this. what was the Wiest hire then?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Derron Montgomery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derron Montgomery   Derron Montgomery EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 3:07 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
is he a G.A.?

I'm still a bit confused on this. what was the Wiest hire then?

UM is getting on board with the way other schools have been using GAs. As long as the coach is enrolled in a grad school program at the school, he can be hired as a GA. The positions were created by the NCAA to help young guys get started in coaching while still working on their education. However, smart coaches have figured out that if you want to add experience to your coaching staff, you get the coach to enroll in a program, and you can get around the 9 assistant limit.

Weist will not be able to coach at practice or games. He is an analyst. All he can do is break down film and give the reports to coaches. He also cannot recruit. It looks like Jim threw a bone to a family friend between coaching jobs.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Derron Montgomery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derron Montgomery   Derron Montgomery EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 3:22 pm

yep I just read that each school is allowed four GAs. it's basically a volunteer position. no pay involved from what I can tell.

good move by Jim.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Derron Montgomery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derron Montgomery   Derron Montgomery Empty

Back to top Go down

Derron Montgomery
Page 1 of 1