Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hope we have at least one more great effort left

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wshoes

wshoes

Hope we have at least one more great effort left Empty
PostSubject: Hope we have at least one more great effort left   Hope we have at least one more great effort left EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 10:57 am

for Tuesday at Crisler. I'm a little concerned that although I had written off our NCAA chances a while ago, the team had not (as is appropriate) but that the string of close heartbreaking losses, may have finally gotten to them. MSU is not great home team any more, but they continue to be a pretty solid road team, so Tuesday will be very tough. We are running out of games to have a chance to make the NIT.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Hope we have at least one more great effort left   Hope we have at least one more great effort left EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 2:10 pm

At this point I will ride out the season. The biggest thing I am concerned about is recruiting. Coach B is amazing but he know has to learn to live with losing players early and manage the situation. The perennial powers all face the same challenges and do really well at staying competitive. We need to do the same.

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Hope we have at least one more great effort left   Hope we have at least one more great effort left EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 3:04 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
At this point I will ride out the season.  The biggest thing I am concerned about is recruiting.  Coach B is amazing but he know has to learn to live with losing players early and manage the situation.  The perennial powers all face the same challenges and do really well at staying competitive.  We need to do the same.

If you're talking about Kentucky, I'm pretty sure they have learned to deal with it through impermissible benefits. Duke has a lot more history than Michigan does, on their side. We were second or 3rd choices for several blue chippers this year who we missed on, getting one would have made things much better.

I think missing the tourney now and then balanced with contending for the BT say half the time and being upper division most years, is OK for where we are at as a program.
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Hope we have at least one more great effort left   Hope we have at least one more great effort left EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 6:52 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
At this point I will ride out the season.  The biggest thing I am concerned about is recruiting.  Coach B is amazing but he know has to learn to live with losing players early and manage the situation.  The perennial powers all face the same challenges and do really well at staying competitive.  We need to do the same.

Not much to recruiting John only has 1 spot open, and thats only if someone doesn'y come back, pretty much stuck with this team again next year, hopefully they got allot of experience. I gave up on them after the Illini game. Pretty sure MSU get the next one . I thought NW would be their next win but after what they did to Iowa to day I think Rutgers. I doubt they make any tournament this year. They will be done after the B1G tourney.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Hope we have at least one more great effort left   Hope we have at least one more great effort left EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 8:49 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
I gave up on them after the Illini game.

you gave up on them after they first dribbled a ball.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Hope we have at least one more great effort left   Hope we have at least one more great effort left EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 12:21 pm

I'm talking about Duke, Syracuse, Louisville, Kentucky, etc. all seem to be in the mix every year.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Hope we have at least one more great effort left   Hope we have at least one more great effort left EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 12:29 pm

I talked about Kentucky and Duke. Syracuse is not in the mix this year. They are facing sanctions and likely would not have made the tournament any way- and we beat them. Louisville may be ethically challenged as well- though Piton is an excellent coach.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: Hope we have at least one more great effort left   Hope we have at least one more great effort left EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 1:17 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
I'm talking about Duke, Syracuse, Louisville, Kentucky, etc.  all seem to be in the mix every year.

Kentucky lost in the first round of the NIT two years ago, and Syracuse was going to miss the tournament even before they so graciously self-imposed a ban. Remove those teams from your list of "in the mix every year".
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: Hope we have at least one more great effort left   Hope we have at least one more great effort left EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 1:21 pm

To the original point, I think Michigan is going to knock off at least one tourney-bound team, and tomorrow is the best chance to do it. MSU is very vulnerable this year, and we actually caught a pretty good scheduling break with us having a couple more days to prepare for them.

PS - Isn't it nice to have a coach who doesn't bring up injuries every two seconds, even though ours have been a lot more severe than theirs the last two years.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Hope we have at least one more great effort left   Hope we have at least one more great effort left EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 1:28 pm

It is nice. Izzo is a great coach but he is the King of Excuses.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hope we have at least one more great effort left   Hope we have at least one more great effort left EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 9:50 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
the artist formally known wrote:
I gave up on them after the Illini game.

you gave up on them after they first dribbled a ball.

No I didn't eggo . I waited till the 1st pass lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hope we have at least one more great effort left   Hope we have at least one more great effort left Empty

Back to top Go down

Hope we have at least one more great effort left
Page 1 of 1