Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jack Miller and the decision to leave Michigan.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Jack  Miller and the decision to leave Michigan. Empty
PostSubject: Jack Miller and the decision to leave Michigan.   Jack  Miller and the decision to leave Michigan. EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 12:30 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2407877-what-it-means-to-play-football-for-michigan-and-why-i-walked-away?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=michigan-wolverines-football

It’s hard to understand just how great it is to play for Michigan when you’re in the thick of it. The grueling workouts, intense practices and long meetings can test a man’s toughness. It’s hard to recognize how lucky and fortunate you are to play here, and perhaps you don’t have a true appreciation for it until it’s all over.

As for me, I’ve been done playing for just two weeks and already the nostalgia and gratitude are starting to flood my brain. I’ll miss the struggle with my teammates and I’ll miss game days in the fall.

That being said, it’s time for me to move on.

All of my goals have been accomplished here. I was able to receive a top-notch education while playing football at the highest possible level.

Because of that, my passion for the game has diminished. I know that you won’t succeed in this game without a burning passion for it.

Tony Ding/Associated Press
Jack Miller could have been the starting center in 2015.
I went to Coach Harbaugh, expressed my feelings and was met with nothing but respect for my decision. I suspect that a man who has passion flowing through his veins could understand me wanting to find the next exciting part of my life.

Not everyone will understand why, but I do. That’s all that matters. It’s time for me to start pursuing the next goals I have for myself.

My time here at Michigan is done.

These past four years have been the most challenging of my life, but they have also been the most rewarding. As a kid from Ohio, Michigan was always that mysterious place up north. With that giant stadium and those famous winged helmets, Michigan always sparked my curiosity

When I picked Michigan over other programs, it was for surface reasons. Proximity to home, world-class academics and big-time football. I had no idea that Michigan football was more than that.

I didn’t know that Michigan shapes and molds you into a winner. I can’t imagine there are many places that care so deeply about you as a person. Not many schools try to develop more than just the football player in you, but Michigan does.

Michigan cares how you do in the classroom and whether or not you’ll get your degree. Michigan cares how you present yourself in public and what kind of citizen you are for the community. Michigan cares that when you leave, you’re a better person for having been there.

There have been so many life lessons along the way about dedication, sacrifice, teamwork and excellence. The countless times that a coach or staff member pushed me further than I thought I could go are overwhelming.

When you look at being successful, the Michigan football program sits at the forefront. If you can handle the responsibilities that come with playing football at Michigan, I can guarantee you’ll end up better for it. As our hero Bo Schembechler famously said, “those who stay will be champions.”

The future for Michigan is incredibly bright, Coach Harbaugh and his staff are consummate professionals and I have no doubt the wins will come.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Jack  Miller and the decision to leave Michigan. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jack Miller and the decision to leave Michigan.   Jack  Miller and the decision to leave Michigan. EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 12:33 pm

http://www.maizenbrew.com/football/2015/3/25/8288339/michigan-football-jack-miller-moving-on-joe-schad-espn-concussions

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down

Jack Miller and the decision to leave Michigan.
Page 1 of 1