Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT- for poster Romeo

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wshoes

wshoes

OT- for poster Romeo Empty
PostSubject: OT- for poster Romeo   OT- for poster Romeo EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 7:51 pm

I tried sending this as a private message in response but the system would not accept it- so I post here as there is nothing in it that I mind anyone seeing. This was in response to a question about my leaving mlive:

Romeo- thanks for the message.

I agree with all that you said. I do miss the days when the quality of the forum was so much better. I believe in free speech and of course one can always scroll down, but there is so little of value now, no matter how much I scroll. I do like getting opposing fans views- Goodbar was terrific, and so was FortBuck on the OSU side. Cali is a good guy, we've exchanged a few private e-mails, but you're right his forum posting has gone downhill as well.

I have been fairly tolerant of "flamers" if they were at least funny, but these guys now have no redeeming value at all. I'll probably check every week or two just to see if by some miracle it has cleaned up, but I don't expect that it will.

You must be very proud of your daughter, that is impressive indeed, I wish her the best. Grand Valley has some good programs and profs from what I have heard. I'm sure she will excel. If Michigan is still a goal, transferring in after a year or two may be an option.

Hope to see you on here. I do read mgoblog regularly but have never posted on it. There are a lot of clever people there, but it almost feels like people post to impress rather than just exchange views- I don't know. I'm sure many have considered me to be kind of snarky at times too, but I try to not be that way. You were consistently a top poster, and there used to be quite a few, but too few anymore.

Take care and keep in touch.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
romeo49

PostSubject: Re: OT- for poster Romeo   OT- for poster Romeo EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 12:40 am

Agree on MgoBlog as well and have added just a few of my admittedly snarky comments there over time. I will continue to monitor each and here but Mlive and the need to put up or, lately, shut up via the team has dampened my yearn to interact. See ya round.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT- for poster Romeo   OT- for poster Romeo EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 10:02 am

Hiding behind a keyboard makes people feel like they can say anything they want with no ramifications. Things they would never say in person. Sad really. Really shows how our society has no regard for each other.

I know I've sunck to their levels at times, and I'm not proud of it.
Back to top Go down
romeo49

PostSubject: Re: OT- for poster Romeo   OT- for poster Romeo EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 10:40 am

I must say I also did not appreciate the snide political comments either added by even our own fanbase amongst comments spun from football. After much incorrect blather I occasionally interjected but would rather they keep it to themselves as I have relatives I totally dosagree with politically but love and have a good time with by pointedly not peeing in the punchbowl. Why invite angst in the wrong place? Context and character were themes I stuck with and live by and the less of that the more the blog degradation from the primary reason we were drawn there in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT- for poster Romeo   OT- for poster Romeo Empty

Back to top Go down

OT- for poster Romeo
Page 1 of 1