Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This is seriously starting to look like Dejavu all over again.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

This is seriously starting to look like Dejavu all over again. Empty
PostSubject: This is seriously starting to look like Dejavu all over again.   This is seriously starting to look like Dejavu all over again. EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 10:37 pm

I wasn't around for the 1969 game (Bo v. Woody) but ohio state looks like the clear favorite now.  They'll most likely be #1 coming into Ann Arbor in November.  Michigan has got a new Coach in the mold of Bo with what is as of now an unproven team.  ohio state is getting all of the press, meanwhile Coach Harbaugh toughens Michigan up.  A lot of people asked me if I thoughts would be the beginning of another 10 year war and I said that I doubted it but you never know.  It's taking shape....
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: This is seriously starting to look like Dejavu all over again.   This is seriously starting to look like Dejavu all over again. EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 11:41 pm

my brother-in-law and I were saying the same thing a few weeks back.

plus it'll be a home game like the 1969 game was.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: This is seriously starting to look like Dejavu all over again.   This is seriously starting to look like Dejavu all over again. EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 7:43 am

One key difference- our 1968 team was very, very good despite the blow-out loss in Columbus. We went 8-2 (6-1 in the Big Ten) and finished 12th in the nation, and had been ranked as high as 4th. We did lose our starting QB, Dennis Brown and star runback, Ron Johnson. but there was a lot of talent back and some promising sophomores coming off of the freshman team.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: This is seriously starting to look like Dejavu all over again.   This is seriously starting to look like Dejavu all over again. EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 11:52 am

I think we have talent now especially on the defensive side. The o-line should take a step forward. We have 18 QB's. One of them has to be serviceable. Home did well his first year with talent he inherited. I expect Harbaugh to do the same.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: This is seriously starting to look like Dejavu all over again.   This is seriously starting to look like Dejavu all over again. EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 12:15 pm

I think the talent is decent too. I'm just saying it will be a lot tougher for Jim to do what Bo did in his first season. It's a misperception that Bo walked into a bad situation. His genius was in maintaining excellence year after year, not really a turn around.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: This is seriously starting to look like Dejavu all over again.   This is seriously starting to look like Dejavu all over again. EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 11:31 pm

wshoes wrote:
One key difference- our 1968 team was very, very good despite the blow-out loss in Columbus. We went 8-2 (6-1 in the Big Ten) and finished 12th in the nation, and had been ranked as high as 4th. We did lose our starting QB, Dennis Brown and star runback, Ron Johnson. but there was a lot of talent back and some promising sophomores coming off of the freshman team.

shoes do you think that one could make the argument that last year's team was actually a good one? Maybe not 1968 good but a good one none the less.

I know that sounds crazy given the misery of last season but there were a lot of factors that played into that 5-7 record. I hate to be the guy that makes excuses but sporadic play, poor coaching, poor team attitude, injuries, off the field distractions, etc all played into it. And I just wonder if taking a step back and looking at the big picture is making me delusional for my hopes for the 2015 season.

That team last year played up just as many times as they played down. IMO, the first half of that O$U was not a fluke. Had Drake Johnson not gone down I still believe that UM would have walked out of there with the W. I believe the team was in fact that talented last year, they could just never put it together for a full game.

So basically I'm just wondering how far off do you think the 2015 team will be compared to the 1969 that beat O$U?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: This is seriously starting to look like Dejavu all over again.   This is seriously starting to look like Dejavu all over again. EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 7:22 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
wshoes wrote:

shoes do you think that one could make the argument that last year's team was actually a good one? Maybe not 1968 good but a good one none the less.

I know that sounds crazy given the misery of last season but there were a lot of factors that played into that 5-7 record. I hate to be the guy that makes excuses but sporadic play, poor coaching, poor team attitude, injuries, off the field distractions, etc all played into it. And I just wonder if taking a step back and looking at the big picture is making me delusional for my hopes for the 2015 season.

That team last year played up just as many times as they played down. IMO, the first half of that O$U was not a fluke. Had Drake Johnson not gone down I still believe that UM would have walked out of there with the W. I believe the team was in fact that talented last year, they could just never put it together for a full game.

So basically I'm just wondering how far off do you think the 2015 team will be compared to the 1969 that beat O$U?

Sandy, it's a great question and not an unreasonable one to ask, I just don't feel comfortable that I have the answer. All I can say is that it is going to be interesting as h--- this year.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: This is seriously starting to look like Dejavu all over again.   This is seriously starting to look like Dejavu all over again. EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 8:24 pm

wshoes wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:
wshoes wrote:

Sandy, it's a great question and not an unreasonable one to ask, I just don't feel comfortable that I have the answer. All I can say is that it is going to be interesting as h--- this year.

I can't/won't hazard a guess either.  I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy some popcorn... Razz
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: This is seriously starting to look like Dejavu all over again.   This is seriously starting to look like Dejavu all over again. EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 9:47 pm

well the one thing that has me absolutely fired up for next year is just knowing that the team has a LOT of talent.

This isn't like Lloyd left it for RR's first year when there was just nothing left at a lot spots.

And it seems even better than RR left it for Brady when he came in his first year.

Sure there is a major question mark at the QB spot (arguably the most important position) but I think Jim has walked into a situation where he can be very successful right out of the gate.

This is not the rebuilding process that most programs go through where the rebuild is the talent. This is a rebuild of the culture.

I would not be surprised to see UM compete for the B1G title next year.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: This is seriously starting to look like Dejavu all over again.   This is seriously starting to look like Dejavu all over again. EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 1:22 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
well the one thing that has me absolutely fired up for next year is just knowing that the team has a LOT of talent.

This isn't like Lloyd left it for RR's first year when there was just nothing left at a lot spots.

And it seems even better than RR left it for Brady when he came in his first year.

Sure there is a major question mark at the QB spot (arguably the most important position) but I think Jim has walked into a situation where he can be very successful right out of the gate.

This is not the rebuilding process that most programs go through where the rebuild is the talent. This is a rebuild of the culture.

I would not be surprised to see UM compete for the B1G title next year.

I certainly hope you are right, but I just don't feel that 2015 is the year. IMHO I think we have too many questions on offense. But, we'll see!

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is seriously starting to look like Dejavu all over again.   This is seriously starting to look like Dejavu all over again. Empty

Back to top Go down

This is seriously starting to look like Dejavu all over again.
Page 1 of 1