Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: Miami now offering scholarships to 8th graders.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
EJinGA

OT: Miami now offering scholarships to 8th graders. Empty
PostSubject: OT: Miami now offering scholarships to 8th graders.   OT: Miami now offering scholarships to 8th graders. EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 12:01 pm

According to B/R, the University of Miami has offered 3 8th graders scholarships. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: OT: Miami now offering scholarships to 8th graders.   OT: Miami now offering scholarships to 8th graders. EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 4:30 pm

According to freep.com Harbaugh also offered this kid a scholarship as well.

Presume we are talking about the same kid, 6'5 205lb Blake Hinson?

According to freep.com Miami(Fla.) Florida & North Carolina where 1st schools to offer him.

1st of what all what are his parents feeding him & 2nd is he really an 8th grader? Was he held back a yr. Watching a video he's huge!

I don't know the kid of course, so have no idea if he's a prima donna or down to earth kid. How's he going to handle to pressure?

I'm 55 so I used typewriters & pay phones, walked to school & back home into the wind, uphill Twisted Evil

With that said, I get it, its a whole new generation. Kids are are getting bigger stronger faster at younger & younger age. Teams feel like if you want to win, keep alumni & fans happy, you have to keep up with The Joneses or in this case the SEC & ACC.

I don't like it though, some kids aren't allowed to be kids anymore growing up to fast.

If this kid Hinson has good family support, a good support group around him, keep him level headed, fantastic!!

Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Miami now offering scholarships to 8th graders.   OT: Miami now offering scholarships to 8th graders. EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 11:18 pm

booboo wrote:
According to freep.com Harbaugh also offered this kid a scholarship as well.

Presume we are talking about the same kid, 6'5 205lb Blake Hinson?

According to freep.com Miami(Fla.) Florida & North Carolina where 1st schools to offer him.

1st of what all what are his parents feeding him & 2nd is he really an 8th grader? Was he held back a yr. Watching a video he's huge!

I don't know the kid of course, so have no idea if he's a prima donna or down to earth kid. How's he going to handle to pressure?

I'm 55 so I used typewriters & pay phones, walked to school & back home into the wind, uphill BOTH WAYS  Twisted Evil

With that said, I get it, its a whole new generation. Kids are are getting bigger stronger faster at younger & younger age. Teams feel like if you want to win, keep alumni & fans happy, you have to keep up with The Joneses or in this case the SEC & ACC.

I don't like it though, some kids aren't allowed to be kids anymore growing up to fast.

If this kid Hinson has good family support, a good support group around him, keep him level headed, fantastic!!

You forgot both ways...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: Miami now offering scholarships to 8th graders.   OT: Miami now offering scholarships to 8th graders. Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: Miami now offering scholarships to 8th graders.
Page 1 of 1