Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: Larkin

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

OT: Larkin Empty
PostSubject: OT: Larkin   OT: Larkin EmptyTue May 26, 2015 7:31 pm

http://redwings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=768812&navid=DL|DET|home

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Larkin   OT: Larkin EmptyWed May 27, 2015 7:04 am

Not really on this topic, but I'm excited about Blashill taking over the Wings. Babcock is a great coach, but the team was getting stale. Larkin will be part of a very talented youth movement.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: Larkin   OT: Larkin EmptyWed May 27, 2015 10:01 am

yeah that guy has done nothing but win wherever he has coached.

My brother-in-law ran with the hockey crowd while at Ferris and he knows Blashill pretty well. In fact, I met him once through brother-in-law. Seemed like a decent guy. He has my vote as long as he can continue to win.

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: OT: Larkin   OT: Larkin EmptyWed May 27, 2015 11:22 am

I loved the note in the Freep last week when Babcock announced he was leaving..."The Wings will embark on a West Michigan-wide search for a new head coach"...
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: OT: Larkin   OT: Larkin EmptyThu May 28, 2015 9:09 am

Bertuzzi is another guy to really watch. He could be the next Kirk Maltby, only with better scoring ability. If Mantha comes around, the Wings will have two high end snipers along with Pulkkinen.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: OT: Larkin   OT: Larkin EmptyThu May 28, 2015 11:56 am

Of course, this is only ice soccer we're talking about.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: OT: Larkin   OT: Larkin EmptyThu May 28, 2015 1:58 pm

Sorry, NBO, could not resist!
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: OT: Larkin   OT: Larkin EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 1:39 pm

By the way... Again, not sure how many put any stock in Hockey's Future site, or their prospect rankings.. Larkin is now 5th overall after a recent update. When he was drafted he was viewed as a top 9 forward/center, and he now projects as a #1 center. Not bad. I follow the hockey prospects like most of you do with college recruits. Larkin will drop out of the top 10 in a few weeks when Eichel and McDavid are drafted. Other than Dylan Strome, and those two I don't see any other prospects in the draft who should push Larkin down (If you take these or any other rankings seriously).

A buddy up in MI claims he has heard Holland and Blashill may try and package Mantha for a trade for Leon Draisaitl, who will become expendable once Edmonton drafts McDavid. A top 3 lines with centers Larkin/Draisaitl/Sheahan would be awesome (and possibly Athanasiou being 4th).
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: OT: Larkin   OT: Larkin EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 2:44 pm

Larkin voted by one hockey writer as #1 2015 hockey prospect. He is really starting to get noticed.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/124547/hockeys-future-2015-nhl-prospect-of-the-year-larkin-parlays-strong-ncaa-season-into-first-pro-contract/
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: OT: Larkin   OT: Larkin EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 12:00 pm

From what I am hearing, Kenny Holland is very open to Larkin making the team, and possibly even starting the season as the 2nd center. They are also looking to either trade up or trade for another, higher 1st round draft pick to target one of the top blueliners. Hanifin is probably not going to be an option, but they could go for Zach Werenski who also plays for Michigan. Provorov would be a nice fit too. Trading Mantha for a pick to take any of those guys, and getting a skilled winger like Svechnikov at #19, who they seem to like would make for a great Friday night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: Larkin   OT: Larkin Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: Larkin
Page 1 of 1