Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Countess article.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Countess article. Empty
PostSubject: Countess article.   Countess article. EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 5:18 am

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2015/08/ex-michigan_cb_blake_countess_1.html#incart_most-commented_wolverines

ANN ARBOR -- Former Michigan tight end/defensive lineman Keith Heitzman made some noise this summer when he said current coach Jim Harbaugh made him try out for a spot on the roster this season.

Heitzman was set to be a fifth-year senior, and ultimately opted to transfer (landing at Ohio University). He was one of four fifth-year players to depart the program over the winter and summer, joining Russell Bellomy, Justice Hayes and Blake Countess.

On Wednesday, Countess discussed his departure from Michigan -- sort of -- with reporters after a practice at Auburn.

And, unlike Heitzman, he says he was never asked to try out for a place on the team.

"That was not my case at all," Countess said in a video captured by AL.com. "Coach Harbaugh did handle things a little differently when he came in. But I think everybody's case was a little different.

"That was not my case at all."

Countess, of course, was created much more production than Heitzman throughout his four years at Michigan.

The former Wolverine corner was an All-Big Ten corner in 2013, and finished his career with 114 tackles and six interceptions in 38 games played.

Heitzman, meanwhile, made 15 tackles and caught two passes throughout his four seasons. He made eight starts.

Countess didn't get into any further detail about why he opted to leave Michigan after spring practice concluded. One possible reason could've been the addition of current graduate transfer corner Wayne Lyons.

The 5-foot-10, 185-pound Countess may not have had to compete for a spot on the team, but he absolutely would've had to compete for a starting spot -- as the 6-foot-1 Lyons physically fits Michigan's press coverage system much better than Countess does.

Either way, Countess is at a new place now, and he's happy so far at Auburn.

"They had a big need at my position, and I felt like I could come in (and help)," he said. "I'm happy I made the right decision."

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down

Countess article.
Page 1 of 1