Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I've started Bacon's book...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

I've started Bacon's book... Empty
PostSubject: I've started Bacon's book...   I've started Bacon's book... EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 1:17 am

...and it's pretty good, some older stuff that I didn't exactly know. However the thing is 464-pages in length! Bacon even said that his original version was 400-pages longer! He said that during the interview process as he was gathering information for the book he had about 1,000 hand-written pages of notes. I'm only a couple of dozen pages in but I'm looking forward to the rest.

Get your copy yet 'eggo?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: I've started Bacon's book...   I've started Bacon's book... EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 6:07 am

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
...and it's pretty good, some older stuff that I didn't exactly know.  However the thing is 464-pages in length!  Bacon even said that his original version was 400-pages longer!  He said that during the interview process as he was gathering information for the book he had about 1,000 hand-written pages of notes.  I'm only a couple of dozen pages in but I'm looking forward to the rest.

Get your copy yet 'eggo?

I ordered it on Monday. Should be here today or tomorrow. Looking forward to reading it. Miv read Bo's Lasting Lessons and Three and Out, and they were both very well written.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: I've started Bacon's book...   I've started Bacon's book... EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 12:17 pm

http://michigan.247sports.com/Article/John-Bacon-ENDZONE-Michigan-Football-39097956

“If I were writing these books at another school, we’ll say Ohio State, I would be speaking to you from a secure undisclosed location deep in the heart of Tennessee,” Bacon said. “If you write anything negative about Ohio State, you’re in trouble. Kirk Herbstreit didn’t pick Ohio State for every single game, and he got death threats for his kids.

“Michigan fans care deeply about winning, but also care about how it’s done. Michigan is an unusual place in that regard, and for that reason these books have been shockingly well received. Michigan fans do in fact want to know what happened — the truth matters to you.”

I suppose that's a fair statement.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: I've started Bacon's book...   I've started Bacon's book... EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 4:29 pm

He told a few of the more humorous anectodes in his speach yesterday. While reading the book I could here him telling it. 'eggo, I suggest that you go to this when he heads out your way:

Wednesday, November 11, 2015: San Diego
U of M Club of San Diego
http://alumni.umich.edu/clubs/sandiego

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've started Bacon's book...   I've started Bacon's book... Empty

Back to top Go down

I've started Bacon's book...
Page 1 of 1