Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Michigan and Notre Dame

Go down 
+8
GOBLUEJOE66
BOLEACH7
EJinGA
wshoes
the artist formally known
ThatGuy
fishgoblue22
MGOBLUEBC
12 posters
AuthorMessage
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

Michigan and Notre Dame Empty
PostSubject: Michigan and Notre Dame   Michigan and Notre Dame EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 8:30 pm

to renew game? According to Brian Kelly it is 'trending up"?

Not sure I care to renew it. They cancelled it.....to hell with them, IMO. If we renew this it is my opinion we are only helping them. They need this as they really aren't in a league which means they don't get the cash like the BT teams get from the BTN.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2015/09/09/michigan-football-notre-dame/71948686/
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Michigan and Notre Dame   Michigan and Notre Dame EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 9:30 pm

I agree. I didn't want to see it end, but if it is renewed, it should be on Michigan's terms.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Michigan and Notre Dame   Michigan and Notre Dame EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 9:52 pm

If there's money to be made (there is) it will happen. The main reason why Notre Dame backed-out was because of DB Brandon. He's gone now so...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Michigan and Notre Dame   Michigan and Notre Dame EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 9:56 pm

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2015/09/notre_dames_brian_kelly_tells.html#incart_most-commented_wolverines

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michigan and Notre Dame   Michigan and Notre Dame EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 10:36 am

Personally I say piss on those Gold headed ! We really don't need them we play O$U and MSU both are strong programs right now. Hell I would rather play a Texas Team to get the recruits looking at us.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Michigan and Notre Dame   Michigan and Notre Dame EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 11:24 am

When we played ND in the first couple of games the whole nation was watching. I think that helped national recruiting.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Michigan and Notre Dame   Michigan and Notre Dame EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 2:27 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
Personally I say piss on those Gold headed ! We really don't need them we play O$U and MSU both are strong programs right now. Hell I would rather play a Texas Team to get the recruits looking at us.

Right now, I would like to see them play a Charlie Strong coached team every week.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Michigan and Notre Dame   Michigan and Notre Dame EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 2:58 pm

my hatred of notre shame is well known .... f*ck them and their golden dome .... they wanted to leave for the ACC and have NBC give them millions every year thinking they are above everyone .... could care less if we ever play them again .... we are Meechigan
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Michigan and Notre Dame   Michigan and Notre Dame EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 5:30 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
my hatred of notre shame is well known .... f*ck them and their golden dome .... they wanted to leave for the ACC and have NBC give them millions every year thinking they are above everyone .... could care less if we ever play them again .... we are Meechigan

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Go Blue!! Smile

MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Michigan and Notre Dame   Michigan and Notre Dame EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 5:45 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:

Exactly how I feel, Bo.
Back to top Go down
stjotoo

PostSubject: Re: Michigan and Notre Dame   Michigan and Notre Dame EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 10:19 pm

ND and its' attitude that they are better than all the rest is terrible. They are in the center of B1G country and could have joined many years ago, but it was beneath their dignity. They acquired the NBC contract, which was huge at the time, and looked down their noses at the rest of the NCAA. Now with mammoth amounts of dollars thrown at the conferences and some teams, they are not as relatively prosperous as many teams. So they join the ACC full time in everything except football, but still play five ACC football teams a year yet still are "independent". My feelings are for the B1G to boycott them in football. Let them try to find more attractive teams like Navy to fill out their ACC "non-conference schedule. Screw 'em!

PostSubject: Re: Michigan and Notre Dame   Michigan and Notre Dame EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 1:48 pm

I agree with those that say screw ND. They left. Their loss. There are 120 D1 teams. They are replaceable. With ND on the schedule it is unlikely we would play a SEC or top Pac 12 team.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Michigan and Notre Dame   Michigan and Notre Dame EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 2:14 pm

I understand the anti- ND sentiment but IMO the game was good for Michigan. When both teams were good it was huge and it was still pretty big when both teams were not. Playing an assortment of Big 12 or whatever they call themselves or SEC teams will never consistently match the national interest level. Plus for the tradition to played up every year didn't hurt us recruiting wise either.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Michigan and Notre Dame   Michigan and Notre Dame EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 2:32 pm

You really think Michigan vs. LSU, Stanford, Oregon, Alabama, etc. wouldn't have national attention? Come on? You think MSU-Oregon will only have regional interest? The networks seem to disagree.

Second, do we need help in recruiting? I usually agree with you but I do not understand your argument here. Michigan is Michigan.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Michigan and Notre Dame   Michigan and Notre Dame EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 2:39 pm

In a given year all of those games would have attention, sometimes a lot, but not consistently year in, year out as Mich-ND did. There are big match-ups every Saturday. But there are Match-ups like Mich-ND only a few times a season. We were lucky to have two of those games every year- ND and OSU.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Michigan and Notre Dame   Michigan and Notre Dame EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 2:40 pm

And yes- MSU-Oregon will get a lot of attention but I bet it will not come close to the ratings for UTL1 or UTL2 againstND.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Michigan and Notre Dame   Michigan and Notre Dame EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 3:15 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
You really think Michigan vs. LSU, Stanford, Oregon, Alabama, etc. wouldn't have national attention?  Come on?  You think MSU-Oregon will only have regional interest?  The networks seem to disagree.

Second, do we need help in recruiting?  I usually agree with you but I do not understand your argument here.  Michigan is Michigan.  

Good luck getting LSU or 'bama in Ann Arbor. Stanford is a stretch as well. Oregon was here right after "The horror".

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Michigan and Notre Dame   Michigan and Notre Dame EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 3:38 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
MgoBlue wrote:
You really think Michigan vs. LSU, Stanford, Oregon, Alabama, etc. wouldn't have national attention?  Come on?  You think MSU-Oregon will only have regional interest?  The networks seem to disagree.

Second, do we need help in recruiting?  I usually agree with you but I do not understand your argument here.  Michigan is Michigan.  

Good luck getting LSU or 'bama in Ann Arbor.  Stanford is a stretch as well.  Oregon was here right after "The horror".

LSU is going to Lambeau Field to play Wisconsin next year. Just saying....

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Michigan and Notre Dame   Michigan and Notre Dame EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 3:49 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
MgoBlue wrote:

Good luck getting LSU or 'bama in Ann Arbor.  Stanford is a stretch as well.  Oregon was here right after "The horror".

That's interesting. I've gotta think that Lambeau played a large part in that. Please note, they are not going to Camp Randall.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Michigan and Notre Dame   Michigan and Notre Dame EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 4:31 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:
TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
MgoBlue wrote:

That's interesting.  I've gotta think that Lambeau played a large part in that.  Please note, they are not going to Camp Randall.

Well Wisconsin played LSU last year in Houston I believe. So I think it was just a wierd "home and home" situation for revenue purposes.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Michigan and Notre Dame   Michigan and Notre Dame EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 11:49 am

The 'trending up' comment, in my opinion, was simply a quote to appease his ND fans. They all want that game like we Michigan fans do.

That said, based on what both teams have scheduled for OOC games over 5-7 years, I don't see that game being added back to the schedule until 2022, at the earliest.

The schedules are completely booked out through 2017 for both teams.

2018 already has Arkansas and SMU (both at home) on Michigan's calendar, with an opening on Week 2 for an opponent. However, Notre Dame is already scheduled to play Ball State that day.

The only dates that are currently open for both schools prior to 2020 is September 7th, 2019. But Notre Dame is opening their season on Labor Day at Louisville that year (which falls on Sept. 2nd). There's zero chance they'll add Michigan for a quick turnaround game just five days later. Zero chance.

Next we look at 2020....Michigan is already fully booked out on OOC games (at Washington, Ball State and VaTech at home). No-go.

2021: Michigan plays at VaTech and Washington makes their visit to Ann Arbor to round out the home-and-homes from the previous year. There's an opening on Week 1, but Notre Dame is opening up on Labor Day that weekend again at Florida State. So that's a no-go year.

2022: We only have UCLA (at home) scheduled at this point (Week 2). However, Notre Dame is scheduled to go to Columbus and play the Buckeyes on opening weekend. It would take some serious scheduling balls to add Michigan to that early season calendar. Lose to both of the top schools you recruit against in a three-week span? I doubt they take that chance.

In summary, Kelly's comment was full of hot air. That game isn't going to be played for a long time, barring any changes to current schedules (which would cost $$$).

EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Michigan and Notre Dame   Michigan and Notre Dame EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 12:45 pm

I would love to see a three way 'hate' triangle with O$U and ND.

O$U needs to play someone early in the season.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Michigan and Notre Dame   Michigan and Notre Dame EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 9:19 pm

Yawn....

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2015/09/jim_harbaugh_would_be_open_to.html#incart_most-commented_wolverines_article

Hey, this was posyt #6,000 (actually it is much higher, several of my previous posts were deleted).

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michigan and Notre Dame   Michigan and Notre Dame Empty

Back to top Go down

Michigan and Notre Dame
Page 1 of 1