Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Big game Saturday night

Go down 
+8
Admin
the artist formally known
EJinGA
dwoody
booboo
wshoes
sandyeggo_blue
BOLEACH7
12 posters
AuthorMessage
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Big game Saturday night Empty
PostSubject: Big game Saturday night   Big game Saturday night EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 4:33 pm

Meechigan is Great again ... all the experts say they are back .... Speilman says they are a top ten team .... yada yada yada .... well Maryland could care less ... we better bring our BYU game ... I see their toughest week of practice ... all the progress will mean nothing if they lose .... I expect we will see how far this team has come next weekend .... we actually win a road game
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Big game Saturday night   Big game Saturday night EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 5:22 pm

maryland is probably the easiest game we have left on the schedule (besides maybe rutgers). this game should be a tune up for Northwestern. I expect we'll see a dominant defensive performance again. maybe not a shutout but dominating still. I hope the offense shows us a few more new sets/plays.

I hate these trap games though. I hope MICHIGAN doesn't get caught looking ahead.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Big game Saturday night   Big game Saturday night EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 6:02 pm

Rutgers at home figures to be the easiest. We've been miserable on the road, so until we start winning them regularly my optimism will be cautious.
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: Big game Saturday night   Big game Saturday night EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 12:13 am

Having a legal flashback to the UCONN game 2 yrs ago, on paper there was no way in hell they had a chance. Just like UCONN, Maryland game saturday night under the lights, on paper they shouldn't have a chance. That's what scares me a little.

Agree with BoLeach7 said above, the players are hearing all this, maybe they lose a little focus. Something tells me Harbaugh will keep them focused, but these 18-22yr old young men are hearing from friends, students, professors how great they are. Again agreeing with BoLeach we can find out how far team has progressed, can they win a road game they're suppose to?
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Big game Saturday night   Big game Saturday night EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 6:16 am

I totally trust JH and company to keep the players focused and playing hard. I don't see the team taking anyone for granted. This isn't a Brady team. Unlike years past, these guys know there will be consequences for lack of effort or sloppiness. I feel better about the Michigan program than I have for 20 years. This team will be prepared.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Big game Saturday night   Big game Saturday night EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 8:42 am

Considering the current state of the 49'ers, I think it's a testament to how good a coach Harbaugh is.

If he does have a stink game, this one would be it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big game Saturday night   Big game Saturday night EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 9:30 am

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of the school. Michigan has proven they are better now is the time to prove how much better. Last year Maryland came to Michigan and slapped them in the face. Michigan needs to remember how over confident they were, and decide if they are winners or if they are pretenders.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Big game Saturday night   Big game Saturday night EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 9:56 am

As you well know, artist, last year Michigan did not have a coach, merely a sideline cheerleader. This well-coached team will NOT come into any game over-confident.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Big game Saturday night   Big game Saturday night EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 10:48 am

dwoody wrote:
I totally trust JH and company to keep the players focused and playing hard. I don't see the team taking anyone for granted. This isn't a Brady team. Unlike years past, these guys know there will be consequences for lack of effort or sloppiness. I feel better about the Michigan program than I have for 20 years. This team will be prepared.

I agree.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Big game Saturday night   Big game Saturday night EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 11:46 am

EJinGA wrote:
...Considering the current state of the 49'ers, I think it's a testament to how good a coach Harbaugh is...

I'm sure there are a lot of other factors in play here but I think you hit a big part of it right on the head and I agree 100%.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Big game Saturday night   Big game Saturday night EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 1:03 pm

The key to this game: hold their kick/punt returner in check.

Dude is lightning in a bottle, and already three or four returns this year.

Blake O'Neill should prove to be an excellent weapon in this game.

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Big game Saturday night   Big game Saturday night EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 1:09 pm

Admin wrote:
The key to this game: hold their kick/punt returner in check.

Dude is lightning in a bottle, and already three or four returns this year.

Blake O'Neill should prove to be an excellent weapon in this game.  

Something to consider, the Tropical Storm in the Atlantic has been upgraded to a hurricane...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Big game Saturday night   Big game Saturday night EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 1:10 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
EJinGA wrote:
...Considering the current state of the 49'ers, I think it's a testament to how good a coach Harbaugh is...

I'm sure there are a lot of other factors in play here but I think you hit a big part of it right on the head and I agree 100%.

I think I know where you are going with that. Sure, the GM got him some serious talent. Flawed talent, as all the off field problems have shown. I think Harbaugh did a great job delaying the ticking time bomb that the roster was, and roped them into a quality team, even for a short time. It's like getting the Manson family to behave, even for a season or two.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Big game Saturday night   Big game Saturday night EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 1:17 pm

If his game cannot be played due to the hurricane, what happens? Does it just get cancelled? How can it be made up? If it gets cancelled, what does that do to the B1G standings? Can it be moved? Has this ever happened before.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Big game Saturday night   Big game Saturday night EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 1:35 pm

dwoody wrote:
If his game cannot be played due to the hurricane, what happens? Does it just get cancelled? How can it be made up? If it gets cancelled, what does that do to the B1G standings? Can it be moved? Has this ever happened before.

Funny, because I was just looking at both teams schedules, and their off weeks do not line up. Maryland is idle on the 17th and UM on the 24th, so that won't work.

LSU is only playing 11 games this year because their opener was cancelled because of lightening, but it was a non-conference game. You would think they could change the venue, and still play it on Saturday night.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Big game Saturday night   Big game Saturday night EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 2:15 pm

there should be word then on possible venue change I would think .... haven't read anything yet ... will not be the only game affected ...
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Big game Saturday night   Big game Saturday night EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 2:19 pm

Well, that would suck if they cancelled it. That could mean the difference between getting into the BT championship game or not.

Maybe delay it to Sunday or Monday? I don't know.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Big game Saturday night   Big game Saturday night EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 2:46 pm

It appears all the rain is from the cool front going up the east coast, not from the hurricane. Winds are now predicted to be around 20 MPH game time. Some forecasts even say only 40% chance of rain. Weather from the hurricane arrives either Sunday or Monday. I would guess they will go ahead & play the game if that is the case.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Big game Saturday night   Big game Saturday night EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 3:30 pm

I would hope so, but these things are unpredictable. I have seen multiple possible tracks. Rain...so what? Super winds, lightening...problematic.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Big game Saturday night   Big game Saturday night EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 5:13 pm

dwoody wrote:

+100

I think we have to all adjust. It's a new coach and a competent one at that. This is not the Brady Hoke smoke and mirrors from 2011. It's a whole new world boys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big game Saturday night   Big game Saturday night Empty

Back to top Go down

Big game Saturday night
Page 1 of 1