Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Does Taco know something.......??????

Go down 
+4
michmike
BetterThansparty
sandyeggo_blue
Admin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Does Taco know something.......?????? Empty
PostSubject: Does Taco know something.......??????   Does Taco know something.......?????? EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 10:52 pm

Taco Charlton ‏ @thekidTC33
#TEAM134 is just going to get better I'm warning ya now!!

___

1.) It's BADASS that this kid is already talking TEAM 134. (The team, the team, the team!)

2.) He is friends with Mike McCray, and has publicly, via Twitter, tried to persuade the LB to commit to UM.

3.) He undoubtedly knows other great HS talent across the country.

4.) WHAT THE HELL DOES HE 'KNOW' THAT WE DON'T?!?!?!?!?

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Does Taco know something.......??????   Does Taco know something.......?????? EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 1:54 am

This is interesting because it is well known that he is friends with McCray and it is also well known that he has been in McCray's ear trying to get him to commit.

I also liked how he called it Team 134

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Does Taco know something.......??????   Does Taco know something.......?????? EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 4:35 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
This is interesting because it is well known that he is friends with McCray and it is also well known that he has been in McCray's ear trying to get him to commit.

I also liked how he called it Team 134

From everything that I can tell, which admitedly isn't much, that's the way Coach Hoke instills pride in each individual team. Apparently Taco is on-board... Like a Star @ heaven

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Does Taco know something.......??????   Does Taco know something.......?????? EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 8:49 am

Admin, while what follows is admittedly off-topic, and even more so, over-the-top, your post on Mr. Charlton reminded me of a favorite wit-crack from a local sportswriter, when I lived in Rochester, NY. A member of the city's Triple-A baseball team, Juan Bell, apparently liked his growing-up nickname.

The writer wrote: "Red Wings' centerfielder Juan Bell wants his teammates to nickname him 'TICO'. I guess that's better than Tinker or Taco..."

Sportswriters always have something to say...
Back to top Go down
1umgoblue85

1umgoblue85

PostSubject: Yes, McCray is coming Mar 8!!   Does Taco know something.......?????? EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 12:29 pm

go blue!!

1umgoblue85

PostSubject: Yes, McCray is coming Mar 8!!   Does Taco know something.......?????? EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 12:29 pm

go blue!!

joe

PostSubject: Re: Does Taco know something.......??????   Does Taco know something.......?????? EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 1:00 pm

Doggone it 85 I just have this damn gnawing in the pit of my stomach that this kid will end up at Ohio when all is said and done.

I know, I know, I've read all the other stuff that says he's Blue.

I promise when it happens I won't say I told you so! lol

Of course when it doesn't you may open up on me with both barrels!

I'm not usually a pessimist though, that's the thing.

Just something about this has me uneasy.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Does Taco know something.......??????   Does Taco know something.......?????? EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 1:02 pm

I'm with you stjoe. I think when all is said and done he ends up at OSU.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Does Taco know something.......??????   Does Taco know something.......?????? EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 1:07 pm

Hopefully we get Leavenberry, O'Daniels and someone else I can't remember.

joe

PostSubject: Re: Does Taco know something.......??????   Does Taco know something.......?????? EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 1:13 pm

I do have another question about McCray.

He doesn't have offers from Penn St, Ohio or MSU. Now why would those 3 schools, out of all the schools that he wants to go to, not offer the kid?

I'm thinking one of 2 things.

1. He's a bigger Michigan lean than we fans know.

or

2. Some problem. Academics, character, law???????

But if it's #2 wouldn't everyone know it including us?

Man, there is just something odd that does not add up with this recruit!

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Does Taco know something.......??????   Does Taco know something.......?????? EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 1:17 pm

michmike wrote:
Admin, while what follows is admittedly off-topic, and even more so, over-the-top, your post on Mr. Charlton reminded me of a favorite wit-crack from a local sportswriter, when I lived in Rochester, NY. A member of the city's Triple-A baseball team, Juan Bell, apparently liked his growing-up nickname.

The writer wrote: "Red Wings' centerfielder Juan Bell wants his teammates to nickname him 'TICO'. I guess that's better than Tinker or Taco..."

Sportswriters always have something to say...

haha I love it.

And I can say, as a former sportswriter, after about 10 stories on a team in any given season, you start reaching. After all, there's only so many stats or other tidbits you can give. After a while you start coming up with off-the-wall metaphors and analogies - more so to keep you, the writer, sane.

Basketball was always much tougher - more games, tourney's, etc.

Football wasn't too bad....you just hoped on any given Saturday that a kid would come out of nowhere and make a big play, giving you something to write about mid-week.

The schedule gets old:

Friday: Game Preview
Saturday: What to watch for today, etc.
Sunday: Game story, column on the game, sidebars
Tuesday (first day practice open to media): Story on the offense or defense (whichever side of the ball played best on Saturday), and hopefully a feature or something on that random kid who made a big play.
Wednesday: Write something about the other side of the ball
Thursday: Come up with something, ANYTHING
Friday: Start all over

So, as you can see, after a month or two of the season, it gets very difficult coming up with stories that are actually interesting.

joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Does Taco know something.......??????   Does Taco know something.......?????? EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 1:31 pm

Super Bowl Media Day is THE BOMB though!!!

It never fails to ammuse.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Does Taco know something.......??????   Does Taco know something.......?????? EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 1:40 pm

Yesterday there was a story in either the Freep or the DetNews about Brandon Inge's new glove for 2nd base. I guess the Miggy can't play third story was getting old so this guy was looking or something to write about so he wrote about a glove.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Does Taco know something.......??????   Does Taco know something.......?????? EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 1:59 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Yesterday there was a story in either the Freep or the DetNews about Brandon Inge's new glove for 2nd base. I guess the Miggy can't play third story was getting old so this guy was looking or something to write about so he wrote about a glove.

Great example! See what I mean?

Although I will say, the first couple weeks of spring training should be very easy to drum
Up stories, that seems like something we'd read 90 games into the season lol.

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Does Taco know something.......??????   Does Taco know something.......?????? EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 3:11 pm

THEstjoemfan wrote:
I do have another question about McCray.

He doesn't have offers from Penn St, Ohio or MSU. Now why would those 3 schools, out of all the schools that he wants to go to, not offer the kid?

I'm thinking one of 2 things.

1. He's a bigger Michigan lean than we fans know.

or

2. Some problem. Academics, character, law???????

But if it's #2 wouldn't everyone know it including us?

Man, there is just something odd that does not add up with this recruit!

If it was #2 he would have already committed to sparty, PSU, and ohio. Those are the three most crooked programs in the B1g.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
eGrandpa

PostSubject: Re: Does Taco know something.......??????   Does Taco know something.......?????? EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 3:16 pm

He's definitely a heavy Michigan lean. I see him committing within the next month.
Back to top Go down
eGrandpa

PostSubject: Re: Does Taco know something.......??????   Does Taco know something.......?????? EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 3:33 pm

hopefully it's March 10, though, when he announces
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does Taco know something.......??????   Does Taco know something.......?????? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does Taco know something.......??????
Page 1 of 1