Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Question?

Go down 
+3
eGrandpa
joe
BetterThansparty
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Question?   Question? EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 5:24 pm

OK, what do we do with Shane in 2013? Does he walk-in to the back-up QB role, or does he red-shirt his Freshman year unless he is forced into action? Shane seems like a guy who LOVES Michigan and would jump at the chance to spend a 5th year at Michigan although he still is an athlete (and a very good one at that).

So basically as long as Devin doesn't get seriously injured do we want one of our other back-up QB's (I'll admitt, I had to look them up too) taking a snap or two if Devin has to come out of the game? Will Shane be willing to Red-shirt? And now to throw another wrench into the mix, what happens if Gardner is granted a 5th year for a Medical red-shirt?

On a side-note, I'm one who does not think that the NCAA will grant the 5th year. Another Rich Clod blunder, that guy just won't go away.

scratch

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 5:27 pm

I'm a firm believer that the best player will play.

If Devin is better play him. If this is the fact then you do everything in your power to red-shirt Shane.

The next year is a mano-a-mano fight to see who's better.

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 5:42 pm

I assume Devin will earn and receive the starting gig in 2013, but I still think we shouldn't red-shirt Morris if that happens. Unless we get a transfer or something, Morris will be the second best option that season, and you have to have a decent back-up QB when you play college football. Even if Devin doesn't get hurt, Morris will get some snaps in blow-out wins garbage time which will prepare him to take over in 2014 (pending if Devin gets his red-shirt or not).

I really hope we get a 2nd QB for class of 2013 so we can have at least 3 QBs on the roster.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 6:08 pm

I thought we got a commit from a 3* QB. I looked and don't see anything.

Cann anyone remember the 3* guy Michigan was talking about at QB for 2013?

BetterThansparty

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 6:13 pm

eGrandpa wrote:
I really hope we get a 2nd QB for class of 2013 so we can have at least 3 QBs on the roster.

Oh but we will: Russell Bellomy, Alex Swieca or Ben Fry. I read Nick Sheridan reincarnated in Swieca and Fry though. Bellomy "might" be a serviceable back-up. Sure, he was only a 3-star but that doesn't always mean everything. He red-shirted last year and if he wasn't at least back-up material why waste a Red-shirt on him? The guy is 6'3" and 189. He played Texas 5A football in High School, had good statistics and was at the Elite 11 camp. Not the best but could be a very sericeable back-up?

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/bellomy_russell00.html

I do agree that another QB recruit in the 2013 class would be a good idea though. Who, of quality, could we get though? Shane can't sell him on Michigan because would you seriously commit somewhere to be a back-up behind Shane if you had any skills?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 6:18 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:

On a side-note, I'm one who does not think that the NCAA will grant the 5th year. Another Rich Clod blunder, that guy just won't go away.

scratch

I hate to say it but I agree with you on this. The way the NCAA handled the Evans situation certainly has me thinking he will get turned down.

eGrandpa wrote:
I assume Devin will earn and receive the starting gig in 2013, but I still think we shouldn't red-shirt Morris if that happens. Unless we get a transfer or something, Morris will be the second best option that season, and you have to have a decent back-up QB when you play college football. Even if Devin doesn't get hurt, Morris will get some snaps in blow-out wins garbage time which will prepare him to take over in 2014 (pending if Devin gets his red-shirt or not).

I agree with this. You hate to waste a year of eligibility but I think getting some reps is crucial to getting him ready for 2014. If Shane is the all world QB he seems to be, then you need to get him some PT. I guess the only thing that would have me say otherwise is if you felt very, very good about DG getting another year of eligibility. Then I think it would be dumb to burn Shane's freshmen year to only see back up duty his sophomore year.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 6:20 pm

Shane may beat out Devin, or Shane may never live up to the hype.

Look, Devin was a 5 star coming out, and I think RR wasn't sold on Tate and wasn't sure what he had in Denard, so he wanted his 5 star ready.

Bottom line is, I think Devin will be the starter for 2013. And I think he will be really good.

Last edited by fishgoblue22 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 6:22 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
I hate to say it but I agree with you on this. The way the NCAA handled the Evans situation certainly has me thinking he will get turned down.

You hate to agree with me on that?

Isn't it funny how we heard nothing about Devin's "injury" until the end of the year? IMHO he won't get it but here's hoping that I'm wrong.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 6:24 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Shane may beat out Devin, or Shane may never live up to the hype.

Look, Devin was a 5 star coming out, and I think RR wasn't sold on Tate and wasn't sure what he had in Denard, so he wanted his 5 star ready.

Bottom line is, I think Devin will be the starter for 2013. And I think he will be really good.

I hope that you're right about Devin but yes it was completely obvious that Rich Clod didn't like Tate.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 7:22 pm

No, Joe, no other qb for '13 yet.

WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 7:36 pm

I remember something too Joe. I think there was a recent offer to a 3 star QB. He had offers from some smaller schools. I think he was from Maryland or maybe he had an offer from Maryland. He is not committed but I believe does hold an offer from Michigan.

I tried to search for current offers from Michigan and had no luck.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 8:15 pm

With that being said, is there anywhere you can get a comprehensive list of who Michigan has offered?

Admin
Admin

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 8:27 pm

THEstjoemfan wrote:
With that being said, is there anywhere you can get a comprehensive list of who Michigan has offered?

Eh, I don't think so. Maybe if you pay on rivals or something, but even so I doubt it, for whatever reason.

CharlotteGuy

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 9:15 pm

http://michigan.247sports.com/Recruit/Offers
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 11:08 pm

Hmmmm...still don't see it. Must be losing it.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 11:35 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
Hmmmm...still don't see it. Must be losing it.

http://247sports.com/Player/Kevin-Olsen-10968

He is on the list that CarlotteGuy provided but I doubt that he comes to Michigan. We are 6th on his list though...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Thanks!   Question? EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 12:30 am

CharlotteGuy wrote:
http://michigan.247sports.com/Recruit/Offers

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? Empty

Back to top Go down

Question?
Page 1 of 1