Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Duncan Robinson is ok*

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MgoBlue

Duncan Robinson is ok* Empty
PostSubject: Duncan Robinson is ok*   Duncan Robinson is ok* EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 9:35 pm

NM
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Duncan Robinson is ok*   Duncan Robinson is ok* EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 9:46 pm

Pretty much all the boys look good tonight.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Duncan Robinson is ok*   Duncan Robinson is ok* EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 9:59 pm

That shot is so pure. Love it.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Duncan Robinson is ok*   Duncan Robinson is ok* EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 10:07 pm

Robinson is the perfect type of player to come off the bench and ignite the offense. If he catches fire, you feed him. I think his scoring will be very sporadic. Some nights he might go 1 for 3 and the other nights 5 for 8 (or heck 5 for 5 lol). I think his minutes will be determined by how hot he is each game. Kind of like freshman Stauskas and freshman Irvin.

PostSubject: Re: Duncan Robinson is ok*   Duncan Robinson is ok* EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 10:32 pm

dwoody wrote:

Not thrilled with the center position yet.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Duncan Robinson is ok*   Duncan Robinson is ok* EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 11:45 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
dwoody wrote:

Not thrilled with the center position yet.  

just checked the box score and the bigs split time evenly at 15/13/13. they combined for 19pts which is respectable but they only grabbed 5 rebounds between the three of them. we aren't going to do ourselves any favors with numbers like that.

I have no complaints about anything else though. it was good game by the team.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Duncan Robinson is ok*   Duncan Robinson is ok* EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 12:18 am

Yeah, the bigs are still underwhelming. Beilein already burned Wagner's redshirt, so maybe Beilein thinks the big German will be a rotation player by March. Hopefully one or two of them can separate from the pack in the next couple games.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Duncan Robinson is ok*   Duncan Robinson is ok* EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 12:21 am

Xavier (or next game) rebounded 50% of their missed shots in their first game.

UConn has a really good seven footer who went for 18 points, 7 rebounds, and 9 blocks in their opener.

Our bigs will be tested these next two games.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Duncan Robinson is ok*   Duncan Robinson is ok* EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 2:20 am

UMHoops player bullets from this game:
http://www.umhoops.com/2015/11/16/game-2-elon-at-michigan-recap/

Their right up on Duncan:
"Duncan Robinson: Just keep on shooting, Duncan. If you make every shot that you take, you probably need to take more shots. Any open shot for Duncan Robinson is a great end to a possession. Five threes on five attempts is a sign of a special shooter — but there’s major work to be done defensively. Robinson struggled on the defensive end again as he struggled to get out on shooters or defend off the bounce."

His three point shooting is every bit as good as advertised. I think the biggest concern is how his defense will hold up as our opponents become more athletic on the wings. There is no doubt that he could start offensively, but I think it's best to bring him off the bench where he can D-up on someone from our opponents bench. We haven't played zone yet this year and I wonder if we will see that. A zone is a good way to disguise a bad defender that you need to keep on the court because of offensive dominance.

PostSubject: Re: Duncan Robinson is ok*   Duncan Robinson is ok* EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 10:59 am

I am willing to take my chances with him on D. We started out slow and couldn't hit shots. That changed with Duncan. Walton finally got hot and the rest was history.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Duncan Robinson is ok*   Duncan Robinson is ok* EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 1:00 pm

I think he should continue to come off of the bench but if he stays hot then he should get more and more minutes each game. that should allow him to work on his D.

Good point on the zone D.

I think it's going to be real fun to watch him this year.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Duncan Robinson is ok*   Duncan Robinson is ok* EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 2:46 pm

Once Irvin finds his shot this offense is going to be unfair.

PostSubject: Re: Duncan Robinson is ok*   Duncan Robinson is ok* EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 3:12 pm

Also a concern. Back could still be an issue.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Duncan Robinson is ok*   Duncan Robinson is ok* EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 3:50 pm

Yeah, I'm sure he isn't 100% yet. Once he is (if he gets there) then damn.

PostSubject: Re: Duncan Robinson is ok*   Duncan Robinson is ok* Empty

Back to top Go down

Duncan Robinson is ok*
Page 1 of 1