Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Visitors/Durkin

Go down 
+2
sandyeggo_blue
GOBLUEJOE66
6 posters
AuthorMessage
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

Visitors/Durkin Empty
PostSubject: Visitors/Durkin   Visitors/Durkin EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 8:02 pm

http://michigan.247sports.com/Article/Preliminary-Visitors-List-Michigan-vs-Ohio-State-41312654

Quite an impressive list!

Scroll done to second story for the Durkin presser today! Just me.....I think he interviewed, but I don't think he told them yes....right now! Just my opinion!!!!!

Go Blue!! Smile

Visitors/Durkin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visitors/Durkin   Visitors/Durkin EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 8:43 pm

Holy cow, I count 51?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Visitors/Durkin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visitors/Durkin   Visitors/Durkin EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 12:36 pm

vicious vic is going also. the sidelines are going to be packed with recruits.

dwoody

Visitors/Durkin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visitors/Durkin   Visitors/Durkin EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 3:10 pm

Isn't there some rule about talking to coaches during the season with job offers?
Back to top Go down

Visitors/Durkin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visitors/Durkin   Visitors/Durkin EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 3:24 pm

This has to be a record for recruits visiting for Michigan.

Kids thinking about playing for HARBAUGH.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Visitors/Durkin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visitors/Durkin   Visitors/Durkin EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 4:32 pm

dwoody wrote:
Isn't there some rule about talking to coaches during the season with job offers?

I think the no contact rule you are thinking of only applies to the coaches/players in the nfl. i'm pretty sure it has something to do with one of their collective bargaining agreements, which to my knowledge, doesn't exist in the ncaa.

fishgoblue22

Visitors/Durkin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visitors/Durkin   Visitors/Durkin EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 7:39 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
dwoody wrote:

I think the no contact rule you are thinking of only applies to the coaches/players in the nfl. i'm pretty sure it has something to do with one of their collective bargaining agreements, which to my knowledge, doesn't exist in the ncaa.

Only NFL to NFL. I'm sure Maryland called and asked if UM would mind if they talked to him. Heck, I'd almost guarantee they did. Hacket and Harbaugh aren't going to stand in the way of an up and coming coach working at getting a head coaching job.

Bo lost lots of assistants over the years. Moeller, Mallory, McCartney, Jack Harbaugh and the list goes on. Great head coaches develop their assistants just like their players.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Visitors/Durkin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visitors/Durkin   Visitors/Durkin EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 9:08 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
...Great head coaches develop their assistants just like their players...

that is a superb statement fish!

+1

GOBLUEJOE66

Visitors/Durkin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visitors/Durkin   Visitors/Durkin EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 10:36 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
...Great head coaches develop their assistants just like their players...

that is a superb statement fish!

+1

Yeppers fish!!

Go Blue!! Smile

MgoBlue

Visitors/Durkin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visitors/Durkin   Visitors/Durkin EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 11:29 pm

It bothers me that it was this week. I think it would have been in better taste to at least wait until after the OSU game.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

Visitors/Durkin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visitors/Durkin   Visitors/Durkin EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 12:01 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
It bothers me that it was this week.  I think it would have been in better taste to at least wait until after the OSU game.

Just want to bump this. Not blaming loss on this BUT it looks bad to see the defense come out and play like crap. He should have waited until after the game. Maryland would wait if they are serious about him. What's a few more days anyway?
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

Visitors/Durkin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visitors/Durkin   Visitors/Durkin EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 5:03 pm

http://www.diehardsport.com/college-football/michigan/top-michigan-recruit-denies-report-d-j-durkin-took-maryland-job/

Go Blue!! Smile

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Visitors/Durkin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visitors/Durkin   Visitors/Durkin EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 7:46 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
MgoBlue wrote:
It bothers me that it was this week.  I think it would have been in better taste to at least wait until after the OSU game.

Just want to bump this.  Not blaming loss on this BUT it looks bad to see the defense come out and play like crap.  He should have waited until after the game.  Maryland would wait if they are serious about him.  What's a few more days anyway?

Same defense that showed up against IU. Similar offenses, but OSU has better players on both sides of the ball. Nothing to do with Maryland IMO.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Visitors/Durkin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visitors/Durkin   Visitors/Durkin EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 8:30 pm

someone said it in another post but I think it's clear that the great play by the Dline in the beginning of the year was able to mask the poor LB play. once the injuries started piling up the LBs were exposed.

I thought they did a nice job early in the game but once they let the o$u backs get out of the tackles and gain the edge it was over.

bolden might be the worst tackler I've seen. he got worse as the season went on. he's like gardner in that he's a great kid, great leader, loves UM but he's just not the answer we needed. I hope to hell they land some of these nice LBs we've been recruiting.

BOLEACH7

Visitors/Durkin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visitors/Durkin   Visitors/Durkin EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 10:14 pm

listed to talk show on the drive home and a caller said it best ... we have average college caliber players at RB , OL and LB .... bucknuts have NFL caliber talent ... yet what Jimmy and the coaches with the talent so quickly is remarkable ... for me instead of Taysom Hill , I would rather have a couple of LB transfers coming in
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Visitors/Durkin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visitors/Durkin   Visitors/Durkin EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 10:49 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
... for me instead of Taysom Hill , I would rather have a couple of LB transfers coming in

maybe not transfers but top LB recruits that can play right away. outside of gedeon I don't think we have any guys with experience at the position.

Visitors/Durkin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visitors/Durkin   Visitors/Durkin EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 11:23 pm

Transfers will be necessary. I am guessing we will have someone change positions as well. The LB's must be addressed next year.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

Visitors/Durkin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visitors/Durkin   Visitors/Durkin EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 3:03 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
listed to talk show on the drive home and a caller said it best ... we have average college caliber players at RB , OL and LB .... bucknuts have NFL caliber talent ... yet what Jimmy and the coaches with the talent so quickly is remarkable ... for me instead of Taysom Hill , I would rather have a couple of LB transfers coming in

+100 Smile

Go Blue!! Smile

Sponsored content

Visitors/Durkin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visitors/Durkin   Visitors/Durkin Empty

Back to top Go down

Visitors/Durkin
Page 1 of 1