Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

In 2013, who will be the starting QB?

Go down 
+2
Wolverdog
Admin
6 posters

a) Devin Gardner
In 2013, who will be the starting QB? Vote_lcap79%In 2013, who will be the starting QB? Vote_rcap
 79% [ 11 ]
b) Shane Morris
In 2013, who will be the starting QB? Vote_lcap21%In 2013, who will be the starting QB? Vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
c) Other
In 2013, who will be the starting QB? Vote_lcap0%In 2013, who will be the starting QB? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

In 2013, who will be the starting QB? Empty
PostSubject: In 2013, who will be the starting QB?   In 2013, who will be the starting QB? EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 11:00 am

Basically, will Shane come in and take the position?

Or will we be able to RS him a year while we hand over the reigns to DG, which he has waited forever to receive?

One thing to keep in mind: Morris has already publicly admitted that he will probably NOT be able to enroll early next this January. So he won't step foot on campus until fall ball....to me, that's not enough time to come in and take a starting spot (at least at QB anyway!).

I tend to feel like others on here regarding DG's medical RS....I don't think it's going to happen.

So we need to make sure we don't do the same stunt with Morris if DG goes down for a play or two.

(I know this topic was discussed briefly in another thread earlier this week/last week, but I wanted to throw up a poll and get a feel for what people we're thinking.)

Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: In 2013, who will be the starting QB?   In 2013, who will be the starting QB? EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 11:03 am

I don't think Shane comes in and takes over, especially as he isn't enrolling early. If Devin were to be injured (knock on wood) Bellomy will be the starter IMO.

joe

PostSubject: Re: In 2013, who will be the starting QB?   In 2013, who will be the starting QB? EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 11:05 am

DG.

And I do not think he'll get a medical redshirt.

The real question would be

If DG receives a medical redshirt who will start in 2014?

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: In 2013, who will be the starting QB?   In 2013, who will be the starting QB? EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 11:07 am

THEstjoemfan wrote:
DG.

Perhaps an even better question....

I'm just gonna throw out a guess, and say Morris.

We all know Borges is ready to get his Pro Style-type QB under center, and Morris is his first real chance to do so. I think if Morris and DG compete that spring/summer/fall and are neck and neck, they give the nod to Morris - allows them to run their preferred style of play, and starts building toward the future with Shane.

Just my 2 cents. I could be completely wrong.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: In 2013, who will be the starting QB?   In 2013, who will be the starting QB? EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 12:01 pm

Love what Morris has done in HS and he seems to be a great kid and a great UM recruiter, but if he is starting from day 1, I think UM will have problems.
Back to top Go down
exmichresident

PostSubject: Re: In 2013, who will be the starting QB?   In 2013, who will be the starting QB? EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 12:05 pm

I haven't seen anything in DG yet! Might just as well put in Shane.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: In 2013, who will be the starting QB?   In 2013, who will be the starting QB? EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 10:04 pm

THEstjoemfan wrote:
DG.

IMHO that's too far in the future to make a prediction. There are a lot of variables to consider.

-Say DG comes in next year and tears it up, Shane would back-up if a Medical Red-Shirt is granted.

-If DG struggles next year, there would be a competition in Spring/Fall practice if a Medical Red-Shirt is granted.

-If DG struggles next year, and Shane busts (God I hope not) there will be a competition but I still believe that DG would start based solely on his experience.

Also, DG isn't exactly only a Spread QB. He is actually more comfortable under center and he has an arm. Shane may be the ideal candidate for Borges' Pro-style offense but as a Red-Shirt Freshman (or maybe a Sophomore) I'm fairly positive that you'd take a 5th-year Senior QB.

That being said, don't count out Devin yet...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In 2013, who will be the starting QB?   In 2013, who will be the starting QB? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1