Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Some good news

Go down 
+3
fishgoblue22
BOLEACH7
wshoes
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Some good news Empty
PostSubject: Some good news   Some good news EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 3:13 pm

http://espn.go.com/ncf/story/_/id/14259562/jake-rudock-michigan-wolverines-play-bowl-shoulder-injury
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Some good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some good news   Some good news EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 3:25 pm

Article short on info other than the conclusion but that is big if true.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Some good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some good news   Some good news EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 3:27 pm

unless it is hanging .... Jake will play .... only here one year , but one of my favorite Michigan players I have seen live ... kid got a lot of grief after Utah game but he kept plugging away ... gonna miss him next year
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Some good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some good news   Some good news EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 4:27 pm

I told my friend this morning that since the bowl game is over a month away, that is a full month of misinformation that can be put out. This isn't the NFL, no fine for lack of info.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Some good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some good news   Some good news EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 6:32 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
unless it is hanging .... Jake will play .... only here one year , but one of my favorite Michigan players  I have seen live ... kid got a lot of grief after Utah game but he kept plugging away ... gonna miss him next year

I hear you but O'Korn is no slouch...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Some good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some good news   Some good news EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 6:43 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
BOLEACH7 wrote:
unless it is hanging .... Jake will play .... only here one year , but one of my favorite Michigan players  I have seen live ... kid got a lot of grief after Utah game but he kept plugging away ... gonna miss him next year

absolutely true if multiple insider reports are accurate ...
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

Some good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some good news   Some good news EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 6:45 pm

Is Peters coming in January?
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Some good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some good news   Some good news EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 7:17 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
BOLEACH7 wrote:

absolutely true if multiple insider reports are accurate ...

It's not so much insider reports as looking at what he has done at Houston.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Some good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some good news   Some good news EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 7:24 pm

dwoody wrote:
Is Peters coming in January?

As far as I know. It should be a decent battle betwen O'Korn and Peters. IMHO (which means nothing) Peters will RS next year while O'Korn starts. O'Korn has two years of eligibility remaining so 2017 will be a real battle. But Peters still intends on playing next year, if he can. Going straight from High School to college is tough so I don't think he will.

http://www.maizenbrew.com/michigan-football-recruiting/2015/11/8/9691954/michigan-football-recruiting-brandon-peters-redshirt-at-u-m-possible-but-still-expects-chance-to

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Some good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some good news   Some good news EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 8:05 pm

peters is going to be an EE so if he is ready by next season then I say play him.

BetterThansparty

Some good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some good news   Some good news EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 8:21 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
peters is going to be an EE so if he is ready by next season then I say play him.

If he's ready yes but just enrolling early won't help him get ready to start at QB of a D1 program. If he is ready sure play him if he beats out O'Korn. Problem is I don't see him beating out O'Korn. O'Korn has already played a year and a half of D1 ball at a very high level (he was on the team for 2 full years but lost his job 1/2-way through his second year). He's over being in awe of it, that is not to say he won't be taken aback with ohio stadium next year.

O'Korn has also been practicing with the team this year. Granted he was on the scout team (because he wasn't eligible to play this year) but he was building relationships with teammates.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Some good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some good news   Some good news EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 10:14 am

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

If he's ready yes but just enrolling early won't help him get ready to start at QB of a D1 program.  If he is ready sure play him if he beats out O'Korn.  Problem is I don't see him beating out O'Korn.  O'Korn has already played a year and a half of D1 ball at a very high level (he was on the team for 2 full years but lost his job 1/2-way through his second year).  He's over being in awe of it, that is not to say he won't be taken aback with ohio stadium next year.

O'Korn has also been practicing with the team this year.  Granted he was on the scout team (because he wasn't eligible to play this year) but he was building relationships with teammates.

Great point about O'Korn.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

Some good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some good news   Some good news EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 2:18 pm

The legend of O'korn is growing it seems. Does anyone else think we should temper our expectations since he was beat out at Houston. Houston seems to be fine without him. I know Ruddock was in the same boat and most here seem to be satisfied with his play. Again, Iowa is doing just fine without him.

I guess I am just l looking forward a home grown QB and not a transfer who lost their job to someone else. I get we have to play our best guy. If O'korn is that guy then so be it. I am definitely going to wait to get all excited.

P.S.-Everyone wants to point out O'korns freshmen numbers. You might want to look at the whole picture.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/545550/john-okorn

He wasn't exactly playing top competition.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Some good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some good news   Some good news EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 4:13 pm

Mgo, you have valid points however the same could be said about Rudock. Coach Harbaugh will be working with O'Korn here, the same can't be said in Houston. This RS year will really help O'Korn refocus as well as establish relationships and a sense of comfort in a new system.

I hear what you are saying about a "home grown qb". However, it takes time for one to grow. Peters might be that guy? But he will need at least a year to adapt to the difference between high school and college. He may not, that's for Coach Harbaugh to decide. I trusty in his judgement.

Regardless I'm fine with O'Korn, as of now. He may not end up being as good as Rudock, he may end up winning a Heisman. Who knows at this point? I'm putting my money on somewhere in between.

Don't stress over this, we've got Coach Harbaugh now. No worries...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

Some good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some good news   Some good news EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 4:28 pm

I trust Harbaugh as well. Only time will tell. I think too many times we as fans are too short-sided ex. Focus on QB position and not realize it is only one piece of the puzzle. Tom Brady might suck if the o-line is bad or we do not have a running game. It is all related.

Hopefully we can find a RB next year to take some pressure off of whomever is qb.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Some good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some good news   Some good news EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 4:32 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
I trust Harbaugh as well.  Only time will tell.  I think too many times we as fans are too short-sided ex. Focus on QB position and not realize it is only one piece of the puzzle.  Tom Brady might suck if the o-line is bad or we do not have a running game.  It is all related.  

Hopefully we can find a RB next year to take some pressure off of whomever is qb.

we DESPERATELY need a RB and a huge upgrade on the OLine
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Some good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some good news   Some good news EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 4:49 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
Tom Brady might suck if the o-line is bad or we do not have a running game.  It is all related.  

tom brady could never suck.... even if he were a vacuum.

Some good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some good news   Some good news EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 5:40 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
MgoBlue wrote:
Tom Brady might suck if the o-line is bad or we do not have a running game.  It is all related.  

Tornado?
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Some good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some good news   Some good news EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 9:44 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:
MgoBlue wrote:

Tornado?

A tornado doesn't suck, rather it just moves everything around...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Some good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some good news   Some good news Empty

Back to top Go down

Some good news
Page 1 of 1