Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chris Partridge to coach LBs in bowl game.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Chris Partridge to coach LBs in bowl game. Empty
PostSubject: Chris Partridge to coach LBs in bowl game.   Chris Partridge to coach LBs in bowl game. EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 7:35 am

I see this as kind of on the job training to see if he is ready to coach a position group next season.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2015/12/chris_partridge_to_coach_michi.html#incart_river_mobile_index
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Chris Partridge to coach LBs in bowl game.   Chris Partridge to coach LBs in bowl game. EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 12:19 pm

at times I feel like the best coach in the world couldn't help that group.

but I agree this seems like an interview type of thing they are doing.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Chris Partridge to coach LBs in bowl game.   Chris Partridge to coach LBs in bowl game. EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 12:43 pm

after reading another board and having something pretty important pointed out to me, I am going to correct myself from what I said above .

with partridge taking an "official" coaching spot (albeit interim status), that does two things.....

1. it allows him to get off campus and go in-home and in-school with recruits. Before, as the director of player personnel he was not allowed to do so per NCAA rules. He was primarily contacting kids via phone/mail/social media. He was doing a lot of the leg work for the position coaches setting up visits, keeping in touch, etc. Now that he is part of the coaching staff he can go off campus. that is a big plus during this time period.

2. because he has an "official" coaching spot that puts MICHIGAN at the NCAA limit. They cannot hire a DC now. Someone will have to leave or they will have to hire from within. That goes back to what a few people on this board saying that they thought Greg or Jackson would be candidates. I'd personally like to see Jackson get that shot.

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Chris Partridge to coach LBs in bowl game.   Chris Partridge to coach LBs in bowl game. EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 1:47 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
after reading another board and having something pretty important pointed out to me, I am going to correct myself from what I said above .

with partridge taking an "official" coaching spot (albeit interim status), that does two things.....

1. it allows him to get off campus and go in-home and in-school with recruits. Before, as the director of player personnel he was not allowed to do so per NCAA rules. He was primarily contacting kids via phone/mail/social media. He was doing a lot of the leg work for the position coaches setting up visits, keeping in touch, etc. Now that he is part of the coaching staff he can go off campus. that is a big plus during this time period.

2. because he has an "official" coaching spot that puts MICHIGAN at the NCAA limit. They cannot hire a DC now. Someone will have to leave or they will have to hire from within. That goes back to what a few people on this board saying that they thought Greg or Jackson would be candidates. I'd personally like to see Jackson get that shot.

Co-Defensive Coordinators? Mattison and Jackson? With Jackson to take th entire position over when Mattison retires?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Chris Partridge to coach LBs in bowl game.   Chris Partridge to coach LBs in bowl game. EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 3:20 pm

It could also mean that the guy Jim wants won't be available for awhile.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Chris Partridge to coach LBs in bowl game.   Chris Partridge to coach LBs in bowl game. EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 3:46 pm

would not mind Jackson , considering the great work he has done in the secondary along side Zordich ... and having Mattison around will help as well .... just don't EVER let me see a 3-3-5 D against a power running team again
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Chris Partridge to coach LBs in bowl game.   Chris Partridge to coach LBs in bowl game. EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 4:13 pm

wshoes wrote:
It could also mean that the guy Jim wants won't be available for awhile.

this seems plausible.

we know for sure that the biggest target on the board (gary) wants to see who they hire. I'm assuming that's likely the case for our other targets.

NSD is well after the CFB season as well as being near the end of the NFL season. either way Jim goes, he should have a DC in place by NSD which will be key for landing some of our top targets.

PostSubject: Re: Chris Partridge to coach LBs in bowl game.   Chris Partridge to coach LBs in bowl game. Empty

Back to top Go down

Chris Partridge to coach LBs in bowl game.
Page 1 of 1