Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

citrus bowl recap

Go down 
+2
fishgoblue22
sandyeggo_blue
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

citrus bowl recap Empty
PostSubject: citrus bowl recap   citrus bowl recap EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 6:29 pm

i just rewatched the game and a few things stuck out

1. I'm not sure if chesson is really that good or if hargraeves is overrated. I mean I've watched jehu all year and I think he is a very good WR but I was surprised that he absolutely schooled an AA CB like that. he ate hargraves' lunch

2. the oline did a good job at opening holes. amazing what can happen when you hit your assignments

3. I was surprised to see ian bunting play. I thought he was done for the year and they were going to redshirt him. before yesterday he only played in three games and they were in the first half of the season so he was redshirt eligible. maybe this is foreshadowing that we are in store to land a certain coveted TE Very Happy

4. I can't say enough how disappointed I am that houma wont get another year

5. I remember saying to myself after the first two florida drives that UM was in for a long day trying to contain harris. the Dline's ability to keep pressure on him was definitely a plus but the man coverage by the DBs was key. that freed up guys to help get to harris. best job I've see our D do on a dual threat qb like that in a long time.

6. I saw mone dressed so it looks like he is healed. you all know that I can't wait to see him next year. speaking of injuries, jabril couldn't play with that hand but he sure as hell could high five and smack helmets during celebrations! scratch

fishgoblue22

citrus bowl recap Empty
PostSubject: Re: citrus bowl recap   citrus bowl recap EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 7:09 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

3. I was surprised to see ian bunting play. I thought he was done for the year and they were going to redshirt him. before yesterday he only played in three games and they were in the first half of the season so he was redshirt eligible. maybe this is foreshadowing that we are in store to land a certain coveted TE Very Happy

Bunting red shirted last year. No way he would get a 6th year. If he's health, might as well play.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

citrus bowl recap Empty
PostSubject: Re: citrus bowl recap   citrus bowl recap EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 8:49 pm

The Peppers thing perplexes me. Guys have played with casts on their arm. 4+ weeks isn't enough to heal it.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

citrus bowl recap Empty
PostSubject: Re: citrus bowl recap   citrus bowl recap EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 8:59 pm

I know this ended up not having an impact on the outcome of the game but can anyone explain to me why the not intentionally grounding ruling call in the first half? There were zero receivers in the area, the ball didn't even come close to crossing the line of scrimmage BUT the "ruling" was that the officials felt that the QB "meant" to throw it beyond the LOS but the ball "slipped" as he threw it....hence no intentional grounding! Can the officials official use their own judgement to make or not make a call? Again, not a factor and not a big deal, but I am curious. Thanks.

Go Blue!! Smile

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

citrus bowl recap Empty
PostSubject: Re: citrus bowl recap   citrus bowl recap EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 9:16 pm

GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
I know this ended up not having an impact on the outcome of the game but can anyone explain to me why the not intentionally grounding ruling call in the first half?  There were zero receivers in the area, the ball didn't even come close to crossing the line of scrimmage BUT the "ruling" was that the officials felt that the QB "meant" to throw it beyond the LOS but the ball "slipped" as he threw it....hence no intentional grounding!    Can the officials official use their own judgement to make or not make a call?   Again, not a factor and not a big deal, but I am curious.    Thanks.

Go Blue!!   Smile

I'm assuming that it is just like the BS "intent to blow the whistle" call in hockey. Just refs covering up for their own inadequacy.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

citrus bowl recap Empty
PostSubject: Re: citrus bowl recap   citrus bowl recap EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 10:37 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

Bunting red shirted last year.  No way he would get a 6th year.  If he's health, might as well play.

I completely missed that he already redshirted. Embarassed

you are right he wont get a 6th year.

fishgoblue22

citrus bowl recap Empty
PostSubject: Re: citrus bowl recap   citrus bowl recap EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 6:45 am

GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
I know this ended up not having an impact on the outcome of the game but can anyone explain to me why the not intentionally grounding ruling call in the first half?  There were zero receivers in the area, the ball didn't even come close to crossing the line of scrimmage BUT the "ruling" was that the officials felt that the QB "meant" to throw it beyond the LOS but the ball "slipped" as he threw it....hence no intentional grounding!    Can the officials official use their own judgement to make or not make a call?   Again, not a factor and not a big deal, but I am curious.    Thanks.

Go Blue!!   Smile

Funny part was Cunningham was justifying the refs call until he saw the replay.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

citrus bowl recap Empty
PostSubject: Re: citrus bowl recap   citrus bowl recap EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 9:38 am

Blown call for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

citrus bowl recap Empty
PostSubject: Re: citrus bowl recap   citrus bowl recap Empty

Back to top Go down

citrus bowl recap
Page 1 of 1