Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hey WillieM...more Indy/SB46 talk....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Hey WillieM...more Indy/SB46 talk.... Empty
PostSubject: Hey WillieM...more Indy/SB46 talk....   Hey WillieM...more Indy/SB46 talk.... EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 10:28 am

so I heard last night that bars in Indy, particularly the Broadripple ones will be charging like $100 cover to watch the game on Sunday? HOLY DAMN. Have you heard anything like that? I assume you'll just stay home to watch the game being right there on the north side.

But jeez. I knew I was gonna have to drop more than I wanted next weekend in general....but $200 extra just for me and the old lady to sit down in a bar to watch the actual game? We may stay in Sunday and watch at her sisters.....ughhhhhhhh.

Also, have you come across anything else going on that weekend that maybe I haven't?

We're getting in late Friday night...heading straight to the scene.

Thanks, dude.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: That is crazy   Hey WillieM...more Indy/SB46 talk.... EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 10:49 am

I have not heard that about the bars. Honestly if you just want to see a game at a bar you might want to check out my area.

http://www.carmelartsanddesign.com/home.html

^That's a cool area with several bars/restaurants all within walking distance. There is another bar area just a mile up the street as well. I doubt any of them will be charging cover. It is probably 15 minutes or so from Broad Ripple.

I did here there is a hotel I forget the name but I know it was a dive place (Microtel maybe?). They normally charge $66 a night and for the SB they are charging $1,000. So yea some places are really taking advantage of it.

Looks like my buddy is coming in town next weekend (was supposed to be this weekend) so we are going to hit that Flag Football game I sent you the link to.

It's pretty crazy here right now. 90% of the news is about the Super Bowl. The whole world has stopped in Indy and it's all you hear about. I try to listen to it all so I know what is going on. It is amazing how many last minute things are being added. Just yesterday they announced that they are turning an old Border's books into another party venue. They have several music acts performing and they are trying to throw it all together in a week. They didn't even have the website up yet.

I may try and go downtown in the next 3-4 days and scout it out just so I know where things are down there. If I hear of anything I will report here.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Hey WillieM...more Indy/SB46 talk....   Hey WillieM...more Indy/SB46 talk.... EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:12 pm

Another for you Admin-

A lot of things are selling out. In the past 24 hours the park and ride is sold out, zip line tickets and media day. The park and ride really sucks because parking is going to be hard to come by. Moral of the story is if you want to go to an event that is pre-selling tickets-BUY THEM!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Thanks for the heads up Willie...   Hey WillieM...more Indy/SB46 talk.... EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:21 pm

yea that park and ride will be a pain for folks coming in from out of town. Hopefully we can just cab it from the gf's sister's place on Meridian.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Heading down to the   Hey WillieM...more Indy/SB46 talk.... EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:24 am

Super Bowl village on Wednesday. Working from home today and tomorrow, but have to go in on Wednesday for meetings. My wife is going to drop me off and then come down after work. Should be fun. Parking not a concern because we have a private lot in the lower end of our building.

Heard bars are charging 7.50 for a bottle of domestic beer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey WillieM...more Indy/SB46 talk....   Hey WillieM...more Indy/SB46 talk.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey WillieM...more Indy/SB46 talk....
Page 1 of 1