Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news.

Go down 
+6
mgoblue93
joe
MgoBlue
fishgoblue22
wshoes
ThatGuy
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news. Empty
PostSubject: A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news.   A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 2:03 am

From what I was able to get from him I think that it sounds like Malzone is in the thick of things for the starting QB gig this fall.  O'Korn doesn't sound as great as I once thought, and I think it sounds like Peters is going to be an absolute stud!  Don't look for it this fall though as I think that he has some more maturing and maybe 20lbs. of muscule to add to his frame.

Ahmir Mitchell is talented but don't expect much from him right away.  The guy is as thin as a pipe-cleaner.  He needs to add a lot more muscle.  It's possible that he plays in 5-7 meaningful snaps a game this fall once B1G play begins but only if he transforms his physique over the summer.  Thankfully both Darboh and Chesson are back next year so Michigan does not need to rush Mitchell into playing.

My friend doesn't know much about the densive side of the ball but did say that Peppers is a freak.  The kid just has an absolutely freakishly large amount of talent.  I think that he'll actually be playing in the middle this year at LB that way he can help cut down on screen plays.

The team sounds very, very, very good this fall.  As we all know everyone (except Rudock) is back next year.  Word is also that ohio state will absolutely blow (for their standards).

To recap I think Malzone might actually be our starting QB this year.  Peters will RS (barring inury), Mitchell will RS (unless he makes huge strides this summer), and Peppers will be playing the MIKE.  I might have more info. later Monday?  Please note, none of this was directly told to me.  I inferred everything from what was said.  These are my thoughts.

afro

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?

Last edited by Bo 2.0 on Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news.   A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 8:36 am

Malzone would be a surprise. Going only from the Spirng game last year, i thought he showed some good mechanics and poise but lacked velocity on the ball.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news.   A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 8:38 am

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Malzone will not be the starting QB.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news.   A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 9:08 am

Rudock did not have a cannon, but when he set and planted his feet, he could get the ball out pretty fast and fit it in short to intermediate windows. Maybe Malzone can do the same, but having a stronger arm gives more upside. Obviously not the most important thing or Morris would have started last year.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news.   A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 1:15 pm

I just hope it is someone with at least some game action.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news.   A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 3:48 pm

I'm sticking with my prediction of O'Korn but just saying that I think from the things that I have heard Malzone stands a fighting chance. Malzone will be the back-up at worst this year IMHO.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news.   A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news. EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 10:40 pm

I have seen MULTIPLE reports that Mitchell has the body now to play. Hope your friend has a day job.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news.   A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news. EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 3:08 am

Where have you heard that? He looked awfully thin 6 weeks ago....

Don't get me wrong, once he develops more size he will be unstopable. It'll take some time though.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news.   A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news. EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 7:58 am

Multiple accounts at IMG. Also if you look at the link I just posted I the Moe Ways thread. They interview Grant Perry and the first thing he talks about after they ask him about his impression of Mitchell is his body and size.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news.   A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news. EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 3:41 pm

From IMG, a high school. Granted an elite High School. I watched the link with Moe ways, et al and they were talking about his height. The kid is 6'3". He's still a twig though, give him time.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news.   A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news. EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 7:09 pm

Well, this should end the conversation right here.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2016/03/michigan_notes_brandon_peters.html#incart_river_index

Physically, Mitchell looks nothing like a prospect who should still be in high school. He's 6-foot-3, 205 pounds and has the speed/strength necessary to make an impact early.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news.   A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news. EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 9:28 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Well, this should end the conversation right here.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2016/03/michigan_notes_brandon_peters.html#incart_river_index

Physically, Mitchell looks nothing like a prospect who should still be in high school. He's 6-foot-3, 205 pounds and has the speed/strength necessary to make an impact early.

but but but

a guy he's known for 3 years tells him it is so! lmao

PostSubject: Re: A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news.   A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news. EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 11:23 pm

Yea I had given up on this debate. Apparently Bo was not aware of all the media that was at IMG.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news.   A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news. EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 3:59 am

...and the media is never wrong.  I can't and won't tell you who my source is but the guy has an in.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news.   A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news. EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 9:10 am

Uh, your friend must not have an 'in' to the internet.  from Nick B: "Physically, Mitchell looks nothing like a prospect who should still be in high school. He's 6-foot-3, 205 pounds and has the speed/strength necessary to make an impact early."

"Ahmir Mitchell's come in and he's competing," Michigan receivers coach Jedd Fisch said Tuesday. "These guys are supposed to be in high school, right now. He's practicing as hard as he can."

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2016/03/michigan_notes_brandon_peters.html

edit: whoops i see fish already beat me to it.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news.   A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news. EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 7:16 pm

Sarcasm?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news.   A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news. EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 10:43 am

You know, I keep reading articles this week, most recently today on mlive, specifically mentioning how great Ahmir looks in workouts, so I think your unnamed (and thereby highly credible) source is blowing smoke.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news.   A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news. EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 1:48 pm

We will see. Workouts is an immense difference from games. I never said that he wasn't talkented or even too small (the guy is 6'3"). I said that I heard that he was undeveloped and that he's still a season away from being a dominating force. You do realize that I'm seeing the same articles and Mitchell is always the last person casually listed in the battle for the 3rd WR spot. You have Chesson and Darboh at WR1 and WR2, most likely Perry at WR3 but Harris and Ways are pushing. I think Mitchell, who hasn't played 1 snap in college, doesn't tand much of a chance baring injury.

Mitchell will most certainly be good, but it'll take a little more time.

This seems awfully familiar to the Lewan thing. How did that end up?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news.   A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news. EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 9:07 pm

I'm sticking with no way Malzone is the #1 QB.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2016/03/wilton_speight_john_okorn_shan.html#incart_river_index
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news.   A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news. EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 11:20 pm

I'll be the first to yell at my souce if he's wrong. Although if you care to remember, and look (it's here), I said that Speight might be Michigan's QB but that was back when Hoke was here. I'm still saying that my guy said "Watch out for Malzone" and if Speight wins the job I am not taking any credit for it. Granted I liked what I saw out of him when he first got here but basically forgot all about him with O'Korn. O'Korn seems to be doing absolutely nothing special. We've got months until opening day though. I'll stick with my prediction of O'Korn but I'll keep my buddies insight of the possibility of Malzone. At worst Malzone should be #2 according to him. If he's wrong on this he will never hear then end of it from me.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news.   A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news. EmptyMon Mar 28, 2016 12:47 pm

seems like even Peters has passed Malzone according to MGoBlog .... will wait to watch spring game to see if he gets many reps ... never saw him passing O'Korn as a starter
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news.   A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news. EmptyMon Mar 28, 2016 5:26 pm

Still pretty sure that Peters gets a RS this year but the lack of publicity, or even mentioning, Malzone is baffling.l Of course I guess this guy could have been screwing with me, but also maybe this is Coach Harbaugh's way of manipulating the media? Remember, he is on record as saying that he sees nothing but negative stuff resulting from telling the media anything. If every team in the nation has to report their depth-chart early then fine but if only a select few do that's not fair.

Remember, the Fort is back. These are the same reporters who insisted tht Coach Harbaugh was not coming to Michigan.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
umichfaninpa

umichfaninpa

PostSubject: Re: A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news.   A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news. EmptyMon Mar 28, 2016 8:02 pm

I don't bet, but if I did, I would bet a large amount that Malone will not start and will not be in the top 2!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news.   A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news. EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 11:18 am

Malzone was the 4th QB in the rotation on Friday night.

As for Mitchell...the kid 100% has the body to play immediately. The questions surrounding him are his technique, if anything. Lot of raw talent there...emphasis on raw.

ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news.   A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news. EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 4:41 am

Admin wrote:
Malzone was the 4th QB in the rotation on Friday night.

As for Mitchell...the kid 100% has the body to play immediately. The questions surrounding him are his technique, if anything. Lot of raw talent there...emphasis on raw.

He is most certainly bigger than what the guy said he was. He also mentioned that Amir was raw, very raw but was actually more concerned about his size. Just from the Spring game he doesn't look as small as he did at SWTS. I honestly don't know what to think.

Back to what my guy said about Malzone. Yes he was the 4th QB at The Spring game but I thought that her looked decent (please note not the best, that would be Speight). I really don't know what my guy was thinking. I will be seriously questioning what he says in the future.

Has anyone heard anything about Malzone's injury?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news.   A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news. Empty

Back to top Go down

A guy that I've known for about 3 years is hinting at some football news.
Page 1 of 1