Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Very entertaining spring game!

Go down 
+3
fishgoblue22
umichfaninpa
joe
7 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

Very entertaining spring game! Empty
PostSubject: Very entertaining spring game!   Very entertaining spring game! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 8:44 pm

And I leave it with good feelings for both sides of the ball.

3 different quarterbacks impressed me. Actually 4. O'korn ran the ball well. A little shaky throwing while moving to his left. Morris's arm still strong as hell! Alright looked good and ran a naked bootleg for a TD. And Peters threw a couple of fabulous passes while on the run.

Kareem Walker ran over a guy and Ty Isaac ran really really well.

The defenses also liked pretty good. Mone required double and triple teams. McCray looks big and fast. A couple of the early enrollees looked good.

They introduced all the incoming freshmen and saved Rashan Gary for last. He got quite the ovation.

We had a blast.

GO BLUE!

umichfaninpa

PostSubject: Re: Very entertaining spring game!   Very entertaining spring game! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 9:34 pm

Nice crowd too, that surprised me.  QB battle is between speight and o'korn.  O'korn did run well, speight threw very well.  Offense looks way ahead of last year at this time.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Very entertaining spring game!   Very entertaining spring game! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 9:38 pm

From my TV point of view, Speight was clearly the best QB on the field.  O'Korn has some legs, but is quick to pull it down and run. He did have a nice throw to Drake Harris on the sideline.  Morris looked ok, had a nice catch and run from the WR position.

Peppers, Smith, Lewis and Darboh didn't see much action at all, if any.

I think that #37 Henderson will see the field at FB this season.  He looked natural at the position.

Isaac, Walker and Johnson all looked good too.

McCray is a beast.  Bush looks small but was always in the right place.

Peters is the future.  You can see the talent.  

Things are trending up with this team.

Nice have the BTN2GO app to watch the whole thing.  Maize team celebrated like they won a bowl game.  That tells me these guys are really embracing competition.
Back to top Go down
umichfaninpa

umichfaninpa

PostSubject: Re: Very entertaining spring game!   Very entertaining spring game! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 9:46 pm

It looks as though it is speight right now, but I wouldn't count o'korn out.  Either way I think we will be ok.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Very entertaining spring game!   Very entertaining spring game! EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 12:46 am

I really liked what they did with Morris.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Very entertaining spring game!   Very entertaining spring game! EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 9:53 am

I thought both looked good but O'Korn looked better, very smooth, very mobile think his upside is really high.
Back to top Go down
stjotoo

PostSubject: Re: Very entertaining spring game!   Very entertaining spring game! EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 10:32 am

Hey Joe! Great that you could make the game. I saw the film today on the B1G network and the crowd looked great (estimated at 40,000) but the temp appeared to be cool judging by people's attire. Where did you park and was there a significant tailgate?

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Very entertaining spring game!   Very entertaining spring game! EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 11:23 am

dwoody wrote:

i agree dwoody. It will be nice to have Shane available as a back-up to the back-up to the back-up to the starter, just in case, but unless there is a drastic change over the summer I just don't see him as a QB. He started out good but, to me, he just seemed to kind of drift off as the game went. I feel we have a pretty good stable of QBs, so we hopefully should be good.

LOOOOONG way to go but I'm in Wilton's corner, just as I have been for the past two years. I think he has a lot talent, and is well liked by the team. He seemed to do very well in the Minn game last year once he settled down. If he continues to play like he did last night then this should be a very interesting battle for the starting QB. Also, i feel that they can redshirt Peters this year.

Sorry, but back on my kick Kyle Kalis around. At times, as usual, he was OK, not good or great...just OK. He spent some time running around trying to find someone he should block, to no avail. He pulled on a sweep to the left and he jumped on top of a guy who was falling down and the announcers called it a "kick out block". But the best of the night was on the two point try at the end. They tried running behind him, and if you watch the replay you will see him get knocked to the right, parallel to the line (maybe a bit backwards). I am not saying he is the only one to not do well last night, but, to me, he has been doing this kind of stuff for 2 years now.

Overall, not bad for a split team. Very optimistic about the coming season.

Go Blue!! Smile

joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Very entertaining spring game!   Very entertaining spring game! EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 11:48 am

stjotoo wrote:
Hey Joe!  Great that you could make the game.  I saw the film today on the B1G network and the crowd looked great (estimated at 40,000) but the temp appeared to be cool judging by people's attire.  Where did you park and was there a significant tailgate?

Hey there Too.

We parked in the Blue Lot but turned right as soon as we puled in and headed about as far East as you could go before finding a space. Very little tailgating. People indulged in a few beverages but I only saw 1 grill going. That was right next to us actually.

We chatted about you. Basically just "When was the last time you talked to him?"

A group is going to the Mark today. If you read this early enough they'll be there around 3 or 3:30. I probably won't make it.

joe

PostSubject: Re: Very entertaining spring game!   Very entertaining spring game! EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 11:53 am

GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
dwoody wrote:

i agree dwoody.  It will be nice to have Shane available as a back-up to the back-up to the back-up to the starter, just in case, but unless there is a drastic change over the summer I just don't see him as a QB.  He started out good but, to me, he just seemed to kind of drift off as the game went.   I feel we have a pretty good stable of QBs, so we hopefully should be good.  

LOOOOONG way to go but I'm in Wilton's corner, just as I have been for the past two years. I think he has a lot talent, and is well liked by the team.  He seemed to do very well in the Minn game last year once he settled down.  If he continues to play like he did last night then this should be a very interesting battle for the starting QB.  Also, i feel that they can redshirt Peters this year.

Sorry, but back on my kick Kyle Kalis around.  At times, as usual, he was OK, not good or great...just OK.  He spent some time running around trying to find someone he should block, to no avail.   He pulled on a sweep to the left and he jumped on top of a guy who was falling down and the announcers called it a "kick out block".   But the best of the night was on the two point try at the end.  They tried running behind him, and if you watch the replay you will see him get knocked to the right, parallel to the line (maybe a bit backwards).  I am not saying he is the only one to not do well last night, but, to me, he has been doing this kind of stuff for 2 years now.  

Overall, not bad for a split team.  Very optimistic about the coming season.

Go Blue!!   Smile  

My only comment on the Kalis/last play thing is the defense said they knew what play was coming. Said they had been running it all spring.

But I'm far from being on the Kalis bandwagon that's for sure.

PostSubject: Re: Very entertaining spring game!   Very entertaining spring game! EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 11:57 am

Thanks for the info. I'll try to make the Mark if it works out. It would be nice to see all the local Blue fans together again.

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Very entertaining spring game!   Very entertaining spring game! EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 3:32 pm

joe wrote:
GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
dwoody wrote:

i agree dwoody.  It will be nice to have Shane available as a back-up to the back-up to the back-up to the starter, just in case, but unless there is a drastic change over the summer I just don't see him as a QB.  He started out good but, to me, he just seemed to kind of drift off as the game went.   I feel we have a pretty good stable of QBs, so we hopefully should be good.  

LOOOOONG way to go but I'm in Wilton's corner, just as I have been for the past two years. I think he has a lot talent, and is well liked by the team.  He seemed to do very well in the Minn game last year once he settled down.  If he continues to play like he did last night then this should be a very interesting battle for the starting QB.  Also, i feel that they can redshirt Peters this year.

Sorry, but back on my kick Kyle Kalis around.  At times, as usual, he was OK, not good or great...just OK.  He spent some time running around trying to find someone he should block, to no avail.   He pulled on a sweep to the left and he jumped on top of a guy who was falling down and the announcers called it a "kick out block".   But the best of the night was on the two point try at the end.  They tried running behind him, and if you watch the replay you will see him get knocked to the right, parallel to the line (maybe a bit backwards).  I am not saying he is the only one to not do well last night, but, to me, he has been doing this kind of stuff for 2 years now.  

Overall, not bad for a split team.  Very optimistic about the coming season.

Go Blue!!   Smile  

My only comment on the Kalis/last play thing is the defense said they knew what play was coming. Said they had been running it all spring.

But I'm far from being on the Kalis bandwagon that's for sure.

Thanks joe. I had not heard that so I guess I can cut Kyle a wee bit of slack. Overall he seemed more lost than found. Smile

Go Blue!! Smile

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Very entertaining spring game!   Very entertaining spring game! Empty

Back to top Go down

Very entertaining spring game!
Page 1 of 1