Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Attending the Spring Game?

Go down 
+5
dwoody
Wolverdog
1umgoblue85
ZoneRead
Admin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Attending the Spring Game?  Empty
PostSubject: Attending the Spring Game?    Attending the Spring Game?  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 12:38 pm

Just curious who will be there.

ZoneRead

ZoneRead

PostSubject: Re: Attending the Spring Game?    Attending the Spring Game?  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 12:48 pm

If I'm not in Florida I will go....
Back to top Go down
1umgoblue85

1umgoblue85

PostSubject: Thinking about it...   Attending the Spring Game?  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 1:19 pm

i usually don't get fired up for Spring football.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Attending the Spring Game?    Attending the Spring Game?  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 1:38 pm

I usually don't either...I think I went in '05 (Braylon's first year gone...he was walking around in white pants and a bright pink button-down. Then drove away in a Bentley...)

I was so disappointed just a second ago though. I was at the main page and saw that the latest post came from 85....I was ecstatic that there could be a recruit nugget...then the page finally loaded. : (

Hahaha

Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: Attending the Spring Game?    Attending the Spring Game?  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 1:39 pm

I'll likely be there. Cool

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Attending the Spring Game?    Attending the Spring Game?  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 1:43 pm

Yeah the '12 class is what has me thinking about going. I don't expect to see anything different from Shoelace. Would like to see our center.

But really, just want to see Bolden. (wish PeeWee would be suited up that day too)

Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: Attending the Spring Game?    Attending the Spring Game?  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 1:46 pm

I just enjoy being there and soaking it all in...

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Attending the Spring Game?    Attending the Spring Game?  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 2:56 pm

I need to go to the spring game. I can't stand having to wait until Sept to see what Brady can do this season!
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Attending the Spring Game?    Attending the Spring Game?  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 3:16 pm

I'm a large UM football fan but I just can't get excited about watching a practice. Isn't it on TV anyway? That'll do, no way am I driviung two-hours to watch a practice. Sure, I am a little curious but do you honestly think Coach Hoke will show anything that he doesn't have to? It's strictly the basics in the Spring.

That's just my opinion.

**dwoody- Did you forget your password again?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Attending the Spring Game?    Attending the Spring Game?  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 5:01 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
I'm a large UM football fan but I just can't get excited about watching a practice. Isn't it on TV anyway? That'll do, no way am I driviung two-hours to watch a practice. Sure, I am a little curious but do you honestly think Coach Hoke will show anything that he doesn't have to? It's strictly the basics in the Spring.

That's just my opinion.

**dwoody- Did you forget your password again?

Yes, dwoody had some technical issues again. Don't think he forgot his password, just something goofy.

WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Spring game   Attending the Spring Game?  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 5:47 pm

I used to go to the Spring game every year. I went to every single one from 1998 to 2007, although it was cancelled one year, I'm having trouble remembering which one.

I used to think they were pretty fun but after a while, they became kind of boring. Many of the players were always too injured to play. And the weather was dark and gloomy more often than not. It stopped being an actual game long ago. It was just a regular scrimmage with different groups of players spread out on the field doing different things. You always missed something. In the old days, you could go on the field afterwards and gets the players autographs but that's not allowed anymore.

The one time I remember it actually being a game was in 2000, and the coaching staff got creative. The "game" started as if there were 6 minutes remaining and Drew Henson and the offense had to see if they could come back from a 17-0 deficit. Incidentally, they failed and lost 17-14, but it was still fun to watch and I remember Hayden Epstein kicking a 60 yard field goal which was pretty cool.

I stopped going for a couple years but then RichRod introduced the alumni flag football game and locker room tours so I took my dad with me in 09. I never got to see the locker rooms because the line was wrapped around the building all the way back to Crisler and I didn't have the patience to wait 2 hours to go inside. But I loved, loved, loved the flag football game. Watching so many classic players trash talking each other and goofing around was a hoot. I remember Larry Foote was there and the Steelers told him he wasn't allowed to play in the game but he did it anyway and was busting some moves on an interception and a touchdown catch.

I'm still debating on going to this year's game. Guess I have to find out what Brady's plans are first.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Attending the Spring Game?    Attending the Spring Game?  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 5:52 pm

WolverineHistorian wrote:

I'm still debating on going to this year's game. Guess I have to find out what Brady's plans are first.

Great point.

umichfaninpa

umichfaninpa

PostSubject: Re: Attending the Spring Game?    Attending the Spring Game?  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 8:42 pm

Our family is going......it takes us about 6 1/2 hours to get there. We will leave early friday morning. We go to the Braylon Edwards charity game friday night and will get up early saturday to see the locker room (my kids love it!).
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Attending the Spring Game?    Attending the Spring Game?  EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 1:37 am

umichfaninpa wrote:
Our family is going......it takes us about 6 1/2 hours to get there. We will leave early friday morning. We go to the Braylon Edwards charity game friday night and will get up early saturday to see the locker room (my kids love it!).

That's great!!! And for you it is a fairly cheap way to make your kids happy (i.e. no tickets needed for the Spring game, I asume a donation to see Braylon's charity game). Granted, you still have a night or two of hotel costs plus fuel, which is out-rageous, food, etc. but it sounds like you make the most of it.

I guess that I'm spoiled but it's good to see someone take advantage of the opportunity.

Go Blue!

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
HailToTheVictors!

PostSubject: Re: Attending the Spring Game?    Attending the Spring Game?  EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 10:37 am

I'll be there! I recently moved back to Michigan after being in Arizona for 6 years so I'm really excited to go.

PostSubject: Re: Attending the Spring Game?    Attending the Spring Game?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Attending the Spring Game?
Page 1 of 1