Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I didn't know MGoRecruit died?

Go down 
+2
1umgoblue85
Admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

I didn't know MGoRecruit died?  Empty
PostSubject: I didn't know MGoRecruit died?    I didn't know MGoRecruit died?  EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 10:39 pm

http://mgorecruit.blogspot.com/2012/02/exitlude-play-video.html#comment-form

The post is like, depressing.

And in the comments people are truly saddened.

I hope you guys feel like that when I pull the plug on this biatch!

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

1umgoblue85

1umgoblue85

PostSubject: Don't pull the plug yet!!   I didn't know MGoRecruit died?  EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 10:44 pm

What a Face

PostSubject: Re: I didn't know MGoRecruit died?    I didn't know MGoRecruit died?  EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 8:41 am

Admin--- how much has MLive offered you "under the table" to pull the plug???

Hehe...
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: I didn't know MGoRecruit died?    I didn't know MGoRecruit died?  EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 9:02 am

I take it you mean the site died, and not Benji?

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: I didn't know MGoRecruit died?    I didn't know MGoRecruit died?  EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 9:49 am

Wolverdog wrote:
I take it you mean the site died, and not Benji?

I thought the same thing Wolverdog. I am not familiar with the site or the person running it but I combed the page worried someone had died unexpectedly.
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: I didn't know MGoRecruit died?    I didn't know MGoRecruit died?  EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 9:55 am

It was a good site with good info, he had some decent contacts.

I too scoured that whole thread. What I came away with was this: the site will be missed, and some M fans are selfish assholes.

joe

PostSubject: Re: I didn't know MGoRecruit died?    I didn't know MGoRecruit died?  EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 9:59 am

Uh, Dog, we can see traces of that even on this forum.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I didn't know MGoRecruit died?    I didn't know MGoRecruit died?  EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 10:15 am

Yeah, Benji just quit doing it...no one died. His final post was just surprising the way he kind of ripped recruiting. I mean, he's the one who started a site dedicated to it. It just seemed bizarre. But hey, it's his life. I had only recently started reading some of their stuff.

WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: I didn't know MGoRecruit died?    I didn't know MGoRecruit died?  EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 10:23 am

Yea he seems a little down on recruiting. Interesting since there have been some resent articles that show there is some validity to the rating system. Still he makes some valid points. There will always be the Big Will's of the world that never live up to their high rating. Conversely, you will have the guys that fly under the radar that make big contributions and outshine the higher rated players. Michigan has several of those guys now. It's not an exact science.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: I didn't know MGoRecruit died?    I didn't know MGoRecruit died?  EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 10:29 am

Well, I believe a lot of the problems come not with the person who created the site but with the expectations of all the people that read the site.

People start sites (not unlike this one) because they love something generally. It seems like a great idea. Either there's not enough of what you want to do or you are fed up with what's out there and want to do it yourself because you're sick and tired of the shit.

After a while what seemed like a great thing, and grew and grew and grew, became tiresome for the producer.

Most likely complaints, barbs about being wrong, and whines about this and that (see complaints about avatars) made the creater tired of dealing with it.

I read between his lines. It is entirely possible that others read his comments differently.

JMHOp lol

PostSubject: Re: I didn't know MGoRecruit died?    I didn't know MGoRecruit died?  Empty

Back to top Go down

I didn't know MGoRecruit died?
Page 1 of 1