Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The day the Michigan mystique died-Detroit Free Press

Go down 
+3
sandyeggo_blue
dwoody
booboo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
booboo

booboo

The day the Michigan mystique died-Detroit Free Press Empty
PostSubject: The day the Michigan mystique died-Detroit Free Press   The day the Michigan mystique died-Detroit Free Press EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 9:19 pm

The day the App. St.-M game was announced, the #1 reason I hated it was because everybody would rehash the 07' game.

Sure enough, todays Detroit Free Press, Sunday 8/17, took up 3/4s of the front page of the sports section with the headline: Out of the Blue, The day the Michigan mystique died. Picture of Terrance Taylor with head in hands. Turn to page 11, the whole page has comments from M, App. St. players.

You think the local papers would, you hope, give M a little slack. No such chance!!!! I'm sure Free Press enjoyed doing story.  Evil or Very Mad 

Of course as we get closer to game, ESPN, college game day, Si.com, Yahoosports.com, etc., will all do some kind of story of the game from 07'. It will of course be painful.

Nothing good is going to come out of game. We're expecting M to win 42-7 or something close to that score. If game is anyway close, panic sets in with M fans, national media has a field day.

GO BLUE!!!
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: The day the Michigan mystique died-Detroit Free Press   The day the Michigan mystique died-Detroit Free Press EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 10:35 pm

Luckily, and without reading this post or even seeing a paper, today was the first Sunday I can EVER remember, since I was, like 12 (I'm 61), that I did not read the Sunday Freep when I was in Michigan or anywhere else I could get it.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: The day the Michigan mystique died-Detroit Free Press   The day the Michigan mystique died-Detroit Free Press EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 4:23 am

booboo... go back a few months ago and I posted the exact same thing. I was dreading this game because of the week leading up to it.

Fortunately/Unfortunately for me, I'm back in Korea for the next few weeks so I'm not going to be able to see any of that noise since ESPN isn't a staple hotel channel here in Asia like it is in the US.

PostSubject: Re: The day the Michigan mystique died-Detroit Free Press   The day the Michigan mystique died-Detroit Free Press EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 6:56 am

I'll say 38-0.   Appy might get a garbage-time FG or TD against our scrubs, but I'll not be at all surprised to see our No.1 defense pitch a shutout.

(Just so they don't pitch a no-hitter...I want to see lots of heavy hitting by them.)
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: The day the Michigan mystique died-Detroit Free Press   The day the Michigan mystique died-Detroit Free Press EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 9:02 am

Yeah, we all knew this was coming- this is just the start. I'm with Mike- I think we stone them. Having said that not sure it will tell us anything at all about how good we are. This is not in any way shape or form a good App St team- in complete contrast to the 2007 team which was legitimately very good. They were defending champs, repeated that year and their only 2 losses were when QB Armanti Edwards was hurt.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: The day the Michigan mystique died-Detroit Free Press   The day the Michigan mystique died-Detroit Free Press EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 10:22 am

I said from the day this game was announced that it is a no win situation for UM. Pay back? No, because it will not erase the previous game. If UM blows them out, they are supposed to. If UM doesn't win by enough, they suck. If UM loses, well, then the world will stop again.

Last season blew out CMU to start the season. What did we learn from that game? Nothing. Same thing will happen this year.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: The day the Michigan mystique died-Detroit Free Press   The day the Michigan mystique died-Detroit Free Press EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 1:20 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
booboo...  go back a few months ago and I posted the exact same thing. I was dreading this game because of the week leading up to it.

Fortunately/Unfortunately for me, I'm back in Korea for the next few weeks so I'm not going to be able to see any of that noise since ESPN isn't a staple hotel channel here in Asia like it is in the US.

I remember reading your post Sandy. I agreed then, and I agree even more now. And I am sure that B1G will show the replay countless times starting soon!

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: The day the Michigan mystique died-Detroit Free Press   The day the Michigan mystique died-Detroit Free Press EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 1:22 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I said from the day this game was announced that it is a no win situation for UM.  Pay back?  No, because it will not erase the previous game.  If UM blows them out, they are supposed to.  If UM doesn't win by enough, they suck.  If UM loses, well, then the world will stop again.

Last season blew out CMU to start the season.  What did we learn from that game?  Nothing.  Same thing will happen this year.  

+3

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The day the Michigan mystique died-Detroit Free Press   The day the Michigan mystique died-Detroit Free Press Empty

Back to top Go down

The day the Michigan mystique died-Detroit Free Press
Page 1 of 1