Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Peters looks good

Go down 
+3
wshoes
MGOBLUEBC
fishgoblue22
7 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Peters looks good Empty
PostSubject: Peters looks good   Peters looks good EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 8:13 am

But UM has zero wide receivers that can get open. Only pass game is to the TEs and backs. I don't like that.

Also, the injury report coming out of this weekend is not good. Hill, concussion. Long, L knee. Gary, undisclosed. Higdon, ankle. All needed players. Plus Isaac still out, Onwenu dressed but didn't play. This does not bode well for the next two weeks.

I didn't even mention that Black has been out for weeks. And Collins.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

Peters looks good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peters looks good   Peters looks good EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 9:32 am

Yikes, next two wins just got tougher.

In regards to Peters, here's a stat I just came across I thought I'd share:

In Peters’ 31 drives as starting quarterback, Michigan has scored 14 touchdowns and committed zero turnovers. In more than seven games previously, the Wolverines had 15 offensive touchdowns and 14 turnovers.

Hmmmm, just think what he may be like with some experience (and a good o-line)? Hopefully, we have finally found a good QB.

GO BLUE!
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Peters looks good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peters looks good   Peters looks good EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 9:36 am

Our run blocking has improved significantly, our pass blocking has not, maybe next season we'll have both of the working.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

Peters looks good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peters looks good   Peters looks good EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 10:12 am

Happy with the win, but the second half offense was very 'meh and quite concerning.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Peters looks good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peters looks good   Peters looks good EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 10:29 am

The injuries piling up are more concerning to me. Hope Gary is OK.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Peters looks good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peters looks good   Peters looks good EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 10:37 am

Peters looks poised ... however has yet to prove he can hit the long pass ... a lot of that is also on the poor play of our wrs... we ain’t beating Wisconsin and bucknuts with just the running game ... and if Higdon is out that is a huge loss ... I’m just a Walmart fan from the great white north but for me we should have been airing it out in the second half , giving Peters live game reps ... but what do I know lol ... GO BLUE!!!
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Peters looks good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peters looks good   Peters looks good EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 3:45 pm

I disagree Bo. To me Peters still looks very hesitant and soft-spoken. He has the tools, just not the leadership ability to lead a top D-1 team. He will make an outstanding backup for McCaffrey next year. Has anyone looked at the playcalling the last 2 weeks? I have no problem with it as it was against inferior opposition and we won handily but Peters has training wheels on. That worked fine against nobody's but we have Wisconsin and ohio state next, they aren't exactly nobody's. Peters will make multiple mistakes as Wisconsin and ohio state will be putting pressure on him early and often. Our WR's aren't doing him any favors either so basically Wisconsin and ohio state will stack 7/8 in the box and dare Peters to beat them. Peters can't as he is too timid, he's going to get rolled.

I hope that I'm wrong and somehow we win both weeks, sparty and Pedd State lose at least once over the next two weeks, and we get a rematch with Wisconsin in Indy but I highly doubt that happens.

Does anyone know the 3 and/or 4 team tie-breaker in B1G divisions? I think that it reverts to the CFP standings but I'm unsure. If that is the case we're out of luck. Most likely best case scenario: A Gator Bowl birth. Will that happen? Highly doubtful.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Peters looks good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peters looks good   Peters looks good EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 7:10 am

4 team tie: OSU, PSU, MSU, UM. OSU goes because of head to head to head. They would be 2-1 against the other three. MSU would be 2-1, but lose head to head to OSU. PSU and UM would be 1-2 so eliminated.

Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Peters looks good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peters looks good   Peters looks good EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 4:24 pm

What about 3 team tie?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Peters looks good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peters looks good   Peters looks good EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 5:43 pm

we lose on all ties=I think.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Peters looks good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peters looks good   Peters looks good EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 7:17 pm

wshoes wrote:
we lose on all ties=I think.

Nooo, if both sparty and Pedd State lose another game plus we beat Wiscy/ohio state we'll tie with ohio state for the lead. That's when the first tiebreaker is head-to-head. Then we would go by virtue of our win over ohio state. Of course both sparty and Pedd State losing another game is a long shot. We would have to beat Wisconsin and ohio state which is also a challenge.

But yes I think that we'd lose all 3 and 4-way ties....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Peters looks good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peters looks good   Peters looks good EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 7:54 pm

Didn't consider the 2 way tie with OSU- you are right.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Peters looks good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peters looks good   Peters looks good EmptyTue Nov 14, 2017 2:30 am

wshoes wrote:
Didn't  consider the 2 way tie with OSU- you are right.

It's a looonnnnnggggg shot so you're excused.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Peters looks good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peters looks good   Peters looks good EmptyTue Nov 14, 2017 2:50 am

Assuming everything goes well for us and sparty/Pedd State win out then there will be a 4-way tie for the east.  Who goes then?  I'm fairly positive it won't be us but just out of curiosity who and why?  An o$u loss would give them 3 losses total, same as sparty.  spartys NC loss was quality because (even though they were crushed) it was to notre dame.  suckeye's NC loss was even better as it was to Oklahoma.  Pedd State didn't have a NC loss but they didn't play anyone in the NC.  As it turns out we didn't either but we lost to both sparty and Pedd State.  It's gotta go to the CFP standings then, so who would it be?  I think a loss to Michigan would drop ohio beneath Pedd State but Pedd State went last year.  Will that be a factor?  This may be wishful thinking but maybe Michigan gets redemption for the tie and sequential vote in 1970?  I don't think anyone, including Manuel would vote Michigan to go so I shouldn't even wish for us.

Of course we could do the easy thing and wait a week and a half and find out IF that situation arises (which I highly doubt).

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Peters looks good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peters looks good   Peters looks good EmptyTue Nov 14, 2017 7:08 am

4 way tie, OSU goes. The out of conference losses don't count for the conference in the first round of tie breakers. The first round is head to head to head. OSU wins this with a 2-1 record. Their only head to head loss would be to UM. MSU would also be 2-1 but lose to OSU with head to head. PSU would be 1-2 but would beat out UM with head to head. UM would be 1-2 and only beat out OSU head to head, but that takes us back to the top and OSU would have the best record against the other 3. OSU goes.

It is pretty simple actually in this scenario. It only gets complicated if all the teams would finish 2-1 against each other. Then they go to record against the B1G East if still no tie breaker they go record against entire B1G, if still no tie breaker then out of conference comes in.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Peters looks good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peters looks good   Peters looks good EmptyTue Nov 14, 2017 4:48 pm

3-way tie? Say it's UM, sparty, and suckeye. Common record between the 3 would be 1-1. Then if what you said is true (which I have no reason to doubt) ohio state would still go. Michigan has 2 losses in the east and both sparty and suckeye only have one. suckeye beat sparty head-to-head so they'll go. Michigan is just playing for pride barring the unthinkable.

Simply put there's a chance....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Peters looks good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peters looks good   Peters looks good EmptyTue Nov 14, 2017 5:06 pm

Ironically I just found this:

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2017/11/big_ten_title_chances_slim_mic.html#incart_most-commented_wolverines

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

Peters looks good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peters looks good   Peters looks good EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 3:12 am

LMAO I read the article the went to the comments and this was the top comment on the list.

SaddestTime 4 hours ago

Can anyone be more frustrated with their lives and their total stupidity than the MSU fans ? Three dozen times a day over a 12 hour period the MSU'ers repeat the same dumb words, the same dumb phrases over and over. I mean read on here you just can't make this stuff up. MSU pride here living on a Michigan football site. What a school.

MLive baby

fishgoblue22

Peters looks good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peters looks good   Peters looks good EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 7:53 am

joe wrote:
LMAO I read the article the went to the comments and this was the top comment on the list.

SaddestTime 4 hours ago

Can anyone be more frustrated with their lives and their total stupidity than the MSU fans ? Three dozen times a day over a 12 hour period the MSU'ers repeat the same dumb words, the same dumb phrases over and over. I mean read on here you just can't make this stuff up. MSU pride here living on a Michigan football site. What a school.

MLive baby

I laugh at them. Typically they say the following over and over: Habaugh sucks.....Habaugh is leaving for the NFL. So, does hesuck or is he moving on, not sure both apply.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Peters looks good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peters looks good   Peters looks good Empty

Back to top Go down

Peters looks good
Page 1 of 1