Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Off-topic...but forum-relevant:

Go down 
+4
romeo49
Admin
joe
michmike
8 posters
AuthorMessage
michmike

Off-topic...but forum-relevant: Empty
PostSubject: Off-topic...but forum-relevant:   Off-topic...but forum-relevant: EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 9:18 am

Was just now curious as to the nature of GOOGLE's banner this morning, and a mouse pass-over revealed it to be in honor of "International Women's Day".

(And for the record, I have no problem whatever with that or any such feminine celebration: after all, this clown DID once have a MOM, along with other cherished kin of the fair gender).

But here's my point: why, oh why, have we yet to be able to get BLUEROSES onto this great board? She was always one of our most articulate, least-biased-by-emotion, most, ahem, ON-TOPIC and knowledgeable posters...to say nothing of the fact it was always nice to hear the viewpoint--and occasionally banter with--a 'Wolverette'.

I have no idea if she even still posts "over there", as I refuse even to visit the once-proud forum that's now better compared to a backed-up septic tank.

Hey guys, I've DONE my part, in getting Wolverine Historian (a.k.a. AndyGoBlue) here! Your turn!

Joe? Fish? Admin? I know you guys used to converse with her. Any whereabouts smarts?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Off-topic...but forum-relevant:   Off-topic...but forum-relevant: EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 9:23 am

I have looked for her. I don't think she goes there any more because of the same reasons.

Been looking. I know she quite often spoke with you and with Talisman from Ohio. I invited him but it's going to be almost impossible to get good posters from other teams.

I have also looked high and low for sdav75. She's even my friend on facebook and I can't seem to contact her.

PostSubject: Re: Off-topic...but forum-relevant:   Off-topic...but forum-relevant: EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 9:59 am

It is a shame...and two additional things come to mind as to why she (and sdav75) would enjoy (IMHO) this forum: (1) the absence of escapees from a lunatic asylum, better known as "trolls", and (2) the "clean-up job" we've done, spurred by the knowledge of Admin's mom's presence.

If you ever DO happen upon her, via any media, drop her an invite...
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Off-topic...but forum-relevant:   Off-topic...but forum-relevant: EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 10:00 am

I shall. And I'll use your name as a lure. As I recall you two were fairly chummy too! Smile

PostSubject: Re: Off-topic...but forum-relevant:   Off-topic...but forum-relevant: EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 10:07 am

THEstjoemfan wrote:
I shall. And I'll use your name as a lure. As I recall you two were fairly chummy too! Smile

Uhh, careful (in your connotation) there, guy---it might SCARE HER OFF, as well as insult her!!

Joking aside, we both did enjoy New England a lot, as she (presumably) still does. Talked about it
all the time, esp. the incomparable autumn scenery, when we took in the 2009 M-Purdue game
together with Mishigan (I believe it was he) at a nice sports bar in Springfield (MA). That, plus
the ironic fact she and I were (U-M) CLASSMATES, but never encountered each other during our
time on campus.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Off-topic...but forum-relevant:   Off-topic...but forum-relevant: EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 10:53 am

I'm not sure if I ever directly chatted with her, but definitely remember her from mlive.

romeo49

PostSubject: Roses goes offline for stretches of inactivity and high trolling! I'll get her here if no one does!   Off-topic...but forum-relevant: EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 6:57 pm

I am sure she will post at some point and then we'll pass the info.
Back to top Go down
GoBlue728

PostSubject: Re: Off-topic...but forum-relevant:   Off-topic...but forum-relevant: EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 8:24 pm

michmike wrote:
It is a shame...and two additional things come to mind as to why she (and sdav75) would enjoy (IMHO) this forum: (1) the absence of escapees from a lunatic asylum, better known as "trolls", and (2) the "clean-up job" we've done, spurred by the knowledge of Admin's mom's presence.

I am not at all offended by what is said on this forum. Please say what you would say without my presence. I just wonder where everyone is getting all this recruiting information. I feel a little lost when you are talking about the possible new players.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Off-topic...but forum-relevant:   Off-topic...but forum-relevant: EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 9:18 pm

It is everywhere 728.

http://thisismichiganfootball.blogspot.com/2012_03_01_archive.html

www.mgoblog.com

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=4&yr=2013

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-3054

That's a few to start.

There are others. Some get on twitter, some read blogs, some have Premium Subscriptions, some have inside people that give them little tidbits as they go.

But you'll get just as much information here as you will just about anywhere.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Off-topic...but forum-relevant:   Off-topic...but forum-relevant: EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 9:49 pm

StJoe is right, 728 (or Mom), stick on here and you'll get every piece of UM news you could possibly care about, plus some.

The 'plus some' is the nitty gritty that the rest of us nutbags salivate over. : )

joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Off-topic...but forum-relevant:   Off-topic...but forum-relevant: EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 9:56 pm

WHERE'S THAT NEXT RECRUIT DAMMIT?!!!?>?>!! bounce

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Off-topic...but forum-relevant:   Off-topic...but forum-relevant: EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 9:57 pm

And pretty much anything you read on here over the next couple months will be all recruiting related. We're in the midst of the greatest recruiting class in UM history for the 2013 class (kids who afe finishing their junior years in HS now). We have 14 kids committed already, with 11 or 12 rated as 4 stars (out of possible 5, but only 15-30 kids a year get a 5*).

If any current players are discussed, you'll recognize the 9/10 of the players we would talk about.

The spring game is mid-April, so during those couple weeks I'm sure the discussion will be around Team 133 (our 2012 squad). Expect a lot of talk about Big Will Campbell around then (or BWC for short). He's a nose tackle on defense who was rated a 5* coming out of HS years ago and he hasn't done a darn thing at UM yet...with the kids who graduated this season, we HAVE to have him finally be the player we expected a long time ago.

Anyway....

Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: Off-topic...but forum-relevant:   Off-topic...but forum-relevant: EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 11:42 pm

Hey guys, I remember flabluefan1 and 'Roses conversing about her staying at his condo while she was in Florida, BUT...

I got the feeling that it may have been a schtick, a lot of chatter about Maizie chewing something up???

Anyway, maybe he would be able to make contact with her.

PostSubject: Re: Off-topic...but forum-relevant:   Off-topic...but forum-relevant: EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 7:03 am

It was schtick.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Off-topic...but forum-relevant:   Off-topic...but forum-relevant: EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 9:24 am

GoBlue728 wrote:
michmike wrote:

I am not at all offended by what is said on this forum. Please say what you would say without my presence. I just wonder where everyone is getting all this recruiting information. I feel a little lost when you are talking about the possible new players.

Doesn't matter a row of pins, 728, whether or not you're "impervious" to what WAS pervading this forum.
I know how I'd have felt, then or now, in the event MY Mom (and I'm positive Admin feels the same about
his) was subjected to that sort of thing.

Shoot me. I'm an old fart (and my last 5K time proves it---don't even ask). If I obeyed nothing else the folks
promoted, as a kid I always DID live by their "NEVER hit a girl" (yes, I was a neighborhood punk). In my adult (more or less)-hood, I've extended that to VERBALLY as well as physically.

Which is why the local (Balto-Wash area) news of the Yeardley Love murder flat-out sickens me. (And my apology for bringing that up). Guess Lawrence Phillips owned no monopoly, eh?
Back to top Go down
TheBigHouse

PostSubject: Re: Off-topic...but forum-relevant:   Off-topic...but forum-relevant: EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 9:50 am

Hey guys, Admin's Mom has company in the woman's department. Like her, I just don't know all the recruiting stuff like you do. That's why I always read the other forum and got up the nerve to join this one. I get all the info from you guys and then go and talk it all up to my brother and nephew. They wonder how I know all this stuff. LOL. I just love all UM sports and enjoy reading all the stuff you guys talk about. I am NOT offended by anything you guys say. I word or two have been known to come out of my mouth, now and then. I golf....that in itself brings out bad words.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Off-topic...but forum-relevant:   Off-topic...but forum-relevant: EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 9:51 am

Welcome!

You're not BlueRoses or sdav75 are you? Smile

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Off-topic...but forum-relevant:   Off-topic...but forum-relevant: EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 9:54 am

Haha that's awesome TheBigHouse!

I loved the golf comment....I was out the other day in 25-30mph winds....you can imagine the words flying out of my mouth every other shot!!

michmike

PostSubject: Re: Off-topic...but forum-relevant:   Off-topic...but forum-relevant: EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 9:58 am

TheBigHouse wrote:
I golf....that in itself brings out bad words.

Geez, all the MORE reason to steer clear of that idiotic waste of time!!!

Hehe!! Just wanted to get on some folks' goads! As I've (in all seriousness) noted
before, many of my closest friends are life-long golfers/golf enthusiasts. No sport
or game ever devised is, or was intended to be, for EVERYBODY. To each his/her
own.

But as a former pitcher, and knowing of the difficulty of hitting a round ball (travelling
upwards of 85 mph) with a round bat SQUARELY, to paraphrase the late great Ted
Williams, I can imagine the frustration engendered by poorly hitting a standing-still
ball with a flat-headed club. Would definitely draw more than a few damns, hells
and much worse from this larynx as well!!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Off-topic...but forum-relevant:   Off-topic...but forum-relevant: EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 10:01 am

Baseball enthusiast, eh Mike?

Excellent. I look forward to talking shop this upcoming MLB season (although I'll be depressed for the last 98% of the season...I'm a Cubs fan.)

Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: Off-topic...but forum-relevant:   Off-topic...but forum-relevant: EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 10:11 am

michmike wrote:
GoBlue728 wrote:
michmike wrote:

Doesn't matter a row of pins, 728, whether or not you're "impervious" to what WAS pervading this forum.
I know how I'd have felt, then or now, in the event MY Mom (and I'm positive Admin feels the same about
his) was subjected to that sort of thing.

Shoot me. I'm an old fart (and my last 5K time proves it---don't even ask). If I obeyed nothing else the folks
promoted, as a kid I always DID live by their "NEVER hit a girl" (yes, I was a neighborhood punk). In my adult (more or less)-hood, I've extended that to VERBALLY as well as physically.

Which is why the local (Balto-Wash area) news of the Yeardley Love murder flat-out sickens me. (And my apology for bringing that up). Guess Lawrence Phillips owned no monopoly, eh?

In my opinion, the surfer/bikini pics are not a big deal, they are all over the place these days, for example in the check-out line at your local grocery store. But the nude shots WERE over the top. JMO.

PostSubject: Re: Off-topic...but forum-relevant:   Off-topic...but forum-relevant: EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 10:19 am

No, Joe, I'm not Blueroses or the other girl. I'm new to this.

Admin, I'm jealous that you get to golf already. We have way too much snow, yet.

Mike, I use to feel the same way as you about golf. It sort of caught me by surprise. I played it a few times and then all of a sudden I just loved it. It's sneaky like that.

Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Off-topic...but forum-relevant:   Off-topic...but forum-relevant: EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 10:21 am

You still have snow????

Where?

I mean, you don't have to give your exact location but we haven't had snow in Lansing in a while.

PostSubject: Re: Off-topic...but forum-relevant:   Off-topic...but forum-relevant: EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 10:35 am

Western end of the U.P. We don't have as much as usual. It's been a nice winter, but a big storm last week dumped on us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Off-topic...but forum-relevant:   Off-topic...but forum-relevant: EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 10:39 am

That is really the hinterlands!!!
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Wow!   Off-topic...but forum-relevant: EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 10:52 am

TheBigHouse wrote:
Western end of the U.P. We don't have as much as usual. It's been a nice winter, but a big storm last week dumped on us.

My wife and I were up there for almost 2 weeks last year. Marquette, L'Anse, Escanaba, Iron Mountain, Iron River, Ironwood..................

You guys up there were BEGGING for rain when we were there.

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Off-topic...but forum-relevant:   Off-topic...but forum-relevant: EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 11:06 am

TheBigHouse wrote:

Mike, I use to feel the same way as you about golf. It sort of caught me by surprise. I played it a few times and then all of a sudden I just loved it. It's sneaky like that.

Girls are at a big advantage playing golf. (Cave man voice)Man see ball, want to crush ball. I took my wife a few years ago it was her first time ever. She played with a 5 iron and a putter. Every shot was about 100yds. and straight. Meanwhile I am slicing the ball all over. I did end up beating her but certainly not by the margin you would imagine vs. a first timer. She also crushed me in the enjoyment department because I was getting pissed having to find my ball every other shot. She always knew where hers was.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Off-topic...but forum-relevant:   Off-topic...but forum-relevant: EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 11:09 am

Willie, I played with an 80 year old guy once. He didn't only use a 5 iron but he only hit the ball 150 yards.

But it was 150, 150, 100, putt for par!!! or 2 putt for bogie.

As you said I hit the ball 300 yards, 200 straight and 100 right! but the codger beat me!

I did learn something that day. Don't know if it did me any good but......

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Off-topic...but forum-relevant:   Off-topic...but forum-relevant: EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 1:40 pm

I have seen those guys playing before. It's a frustrating game for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Off-topic...but forum-relevant:   Off-topic...but forum-relevant: Empty

Back to top Go down

Off-topic...but forum-relevant:
Page 1 of 1