Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Given that my U-M days were encapsulated by the "Ten Year War"...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
michmike

Given that my U-M days were encapsulated by the "Ten Year War"... Empty
PostSubject: Given that my U-M days were encapsulated by the "Ten Year War"...   Given that my U-M days were encapsulated by the "Ten Year War"... EmptyThu Aug 02, 2018 7:24 am

...enabling me to watch at first hand the rivalry between Bo and Woody---and consequently, develop a distaste for Wayne Woodrow (which abated "somewhat" when Bo closed that chapter with 3 straight, 1976-78)---I have to agree with what so many posters and commenters, here and elsewhere, have said:  that coach Hayes would roll over in his grave (proverbially) if he could see the cesspool OSU football has become under Tressel and Meyer, particularly the latter.

He would likely tear up much more than merely the sideline markers at the Horseshoe...

In deference to Bo, who expressed dismay at most people's "memory", I do NOT remember WWH only for the Charlie Bauman incident. I also remember the "Boxcar" Bailey story. And Woody's last day on earth (when he appeared, though literally dying, at a banquet, against his own staff's advice, because he wanted to introduce his old rival---which of course caused Bo to break down in tears when hearing the reason he came).

Which is why I'm convinced the current situation at OSU, brought there by Meyer from Florida (along with his "Well, what of it?" attitude toward star players accused, even convicted, of violent crimes), would flat-out SICKEN Woody.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Given that my U-M days were encapsulated by the "Ten Year War"... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Given that my U-M days were encapsulated by the "Ten Year War"...   Given that my U-M days were encapsulated by the "Ten Year War"... EmptyThu Aug 02, 2018 8:55 am

Well said Mike.
Back to top Go down

Given that my U-M days were encapsulated by the "Ten Year War"...
Page 1 of 1