Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OK it's Thursday.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

OK it's Thursday. Empty
PostSubject: OK it's Thursday.   OK it's Thursday. EmptyThu Sep 06, 2018 7:58 pm

The doom and gloom are starting to fade finally. Michigan should easily win the next 2 games, as well as the 3rd game against Nebraska. The Northwestern game concerns me as everyone here should know but conventional wisdom says we win that game. It still raises an eyebrow though. Then comes Homecoming against Maryland and that should be a cake-walk as long as we play like we're supposed to. Then the dragons lair of Wiscy, sparty, and Penn State. I wish that I could be optimistic but that's where calls for Coach Harbaugh's head will get louder. Rutgers and Indiana provide 2 weeks to get healthy and pick-up 2 more wins (probably) but then comes ohio state. Yea, I'm not looking forward to that game. It sucks to say this but 7-5 looks like a definite possibility. Hopefully Michigan will force me to eat my words.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

OK it's Thursday. Empty
PostSubject: Re: OK it's Thursday.   OK it's Thursday. EmptyThu Sep 06, 2018 10:56 pm

Northwestern won more games than we did last year.

Nebraska has Scott Frost who whined like a fucking stuck pig when we won our part of the MNC. He'll have them in a frenzy for us.

I don't see any game as a given this year.

ThatGuy

OK it's Thursday. Empty
PostSubject: Re: OK it's Thursday.   OK it's Thursday. EmptyFri Sep 07, 2018 4:47 am

joe wrote:
Northwestern won more games than we did last year.

Nebraska has Scott Frost who whined like a fucking stuck pig when we won our part of the MNC. He'll have them in a frenzy for us.

I don't see any game as a given this year.

Perhaps you missed Rutgers?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

OK it's Thursday. Empty
PostSubject: Re: OK it's Thursday.   OK it's Thursday. EmptyFri Sep 07, 2018 8:34 am

No givens, but I'm pretty confident that we'll handle Nebraska at home. Think Northwestern on the road will be much tougher.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

OK it's Thursday. Empty
PostSubject: Re: OK it's Thursday.   OK it's Thursday. EmptyFri Sep 07, 2018 3:02 pm

You people have drank the kook-aid. Big fucking deal that they beat up on some cupcakes over the next few weeks. Start beating some good teams and start winning on the road.

Rivalry record is pathetic.

Record against ranked teams on the road is pathetic.

But have fun telling yourself that the team is good after they beat up on these weak teams over the next few weeks.

The fans have become far too complacent with the teams achievements (or lack thereof) over the last 15 years. Yes I know, you all want championships and rivalry wins. Who doesn't? But the team has been given far too much leniency because they dangle 50 point blowouts in front of your face after devastating loss. Wake up people.

joe

OK it's Thursday. Empty
PostSubject: Re: OK it's Thursday.   OK it's Thursday. EmptyFri Sep 07, 2018 7:17 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
You people have drank the kook-aid.

You are mistaken by my comments.

I am in no way claiming that victories over those teams make me satisfied. I'm saying we'll be lucky to win all the "easy" games as was mentioned.

We are that bad.

wshoes

OK it's Thursday. Empty
PostSubject: Re: OK it's Thursday.   OK it's Thursday. EmptyFri Sep 07, 2018 8:14 pm

How can you fairly judge how good or bad we are after one game? We don't know yet how good or bad ND is. If we struggle at all the next 2 weeks, then it is time to panic. If we don't struggle that won't prove any thing either.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

OK it's Thursday. Empty
PostSubject: Re: OK it's Thursday.   OK it's Thursday. EmptyFri Sep 07, 2018 9:26 pm

My worry is that we saw the same mistakes and problems against a good team .... yes it was game one , but it was game one for the Irish as well , and they seemed very focused ... these problems have been there for years against good teams , as in no running game , poor offensive line play and our defense giving up huge plays ... Yes it is only one game and I am still hopeful of a good season ahead ... Go Blue !!!
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

OK it's Thursday. Empty
PostSubject: Re: OK it's Thursday.   OK it's Thursday. EmptySat Sep 08, 2018 12:10 am

wshoes wrote:
How can you fairly judge how good or bad we are after one game? We don't know yet how good or bad ND is. If we struggle at all the next 2 weeks, then it is time to panic. If we don't struggle that won't prove any thing either.

good or bad wasn't what I took away from the  ND game.

The offensive line is terrible. The quality of depth is quite possibly the worst in the B1G. that's what concerns me. And this is what we have after 3 full  recruiting classes from JH!

by the way, Karsen Barnhart looked TERRIBLE tonight. He was clearly the biggest kid on the field but that's about it.

..... But his upside right?

ThatGuy

OK it's Thursday. Empty
PostSubject: Re: OK it's Thursday.   OK it's Thursday. EmptySat Sep 08, 2018 3:16 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
wshoes wrote:

good or bad wasn't what I took away from the  ND game.

The offensive line is terrible. The quality of depth is quite possibly the worst in the B1G. that's what concerns me. And this is what we have after 3 full  recruiting classes from JH!

by the way, Karsen Barnhart looked TERRIBLE tonight. He was clearly the biggest kid on the field but that's about it.

..... But his upside right?

I understand that you are frustrated 'eggo as we all are but that being said I think that you're drunk. It's ok though as your statements have merit.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

OK it's Thursday. Empty
PostSubject: Re: OK it's Thursday.   OK it's Thursday. EmptySun Sep 09, 2018 1:41 pm

[/quote]

I understand that you are frustrated 'eggo as we all are  but that being said I think that you're drunk.  It's ok though as your statements have merit.[/quote]

Seriously?

sandyeggo_blue

OK it's Thursday. Empty
PostSubject: Re: OK it's Thursday.   OK it's Thursday. EmptySun Sep 09, 2018 4:41 pm

Bo 2.0 wrote:
I understand that you are frustrated 'eggo as we all are  but that being said I think that you're drunk.  It's ok though as your statements have merit.

joe wrote:
Seriously?

disappointment would be the proper word although frustration often works as well.

and bo... It seems that you confuse presumption with perception. I couldn't have been any more sober when I made my comments about the depth of the O line. But if you must pat yourself on the back (which we all perceive that you will), you can hide behind the fact that even a complete drunk can understand how horrible UM's O line quality of depth is.

I am a recruiting guy, it is the realm in which I live and I can say with 100% certainty that OL recruitment has been UM's biggest failure over the past decade +. I would debate that fact.

ThatGuy

OK it's Thursday. Empty
PostSubject: Re: OK it's Thursday.   OK it's Thursday. EmptySun Sep 09, 2018 9:39 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Bo 2.0 wrote:
I understand that you are frustrated 'eggo as we all are  but that being said I think that you're drunk.  It's ok though as your statements have merit.

joe wrote:
Seriously?

disappointment would be the proper word although frustration often works as well.

and bo... It seems that you confuse presumption with perception. I couldn't have been any more sober when I made my comments about the depth of the O line. But if you must pat yourself on the back (which we all perceive that you will), you can hide behind the fact that even a complete drunk can understand how horrible UM's O line quality of depth is.

I am a recruiting guy, it is the realm in which I live and I can say with 100% certainty that OL recruitment has been UM's biggest failure over the past decade +. I would debate that fact.

You're not just "a recruiting guy", you are THE recruiting guy. The Oline sucks, we know that. That doesn't mean that you stop supporting the other guys on the team.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

OK it's Thursday. Empty
PostSubject: Re: OK it's Thursday.   OK it's Thursday. Empty

Back to top Go down

OK it's Thursday.
Page 1 of 1