Members, please sign in.





 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 OK it's Thursday.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bo 2.0

avatar

Posts : 7946
Join date : 2012-02-03
Age : 43
Location : Within 10 minutes of The Big House.

PostSubject: OK it's Thursday.   Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:58 pm

The doom and gloom are starting to fade finally. Michigan should easily win the next 2 games, as well as the 3rd game against Nebraska. The Northwestern game concerns me as everyone here should know but conventional wisdom says we win that game. It still raises an eyebrow though. Then comes Homecoming against Maryland and that should be a cake-walk as long as we play like we're supposed to. Then the dragons lair of Wiscy, sparty, and Penn State. I wish that I could be optimistic but that's where calls for Coach Harbaugh's head will get louder. Rutgers and Indiana provide 2 weeks to get healthy and pick-up 2 more wins (probably) but then comes ohio state. Yea, I'm not looking forward to that game. It sucks to say this but 7-5 looks like a definite possibility. Hopefully Michigan will force me to eat my words.

_________________
Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  cheers

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joe

avatar

Posts : 4006
Join date : 2012-01-25
Age : 55
Location : God's Country

PostSubject: Re: OK it's Thursday.   Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:56 pm

Northwestern won more games than we did last year.

Nebraska has Scott Frost who whined like a fucking stuck pig when we won our part of the MNC. He'll have them in a frenzy for us.

I don't see any game as a given this year.

_________________
"What the HELL's going on out here?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bo 2.0

avatar

Posts : 7946
Join date : 2012-02-03
Age : 43
Location : Within 10 minutes of The Big House.

PostSubject: Re: OK it's Thursday.   Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:47 am

joe wrote:
Northwestern won more games than we did last year.

Nebraska has Scott Frost who whined like a fucking stuck pig when we won our part of the MNC. He'll have them in a frenzy for us.

I don't see any game as a given this year.

Perhaps you missed Rutgers?

_________________
Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  cheers

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wshoes

avatar

Posts : 2940
Join date : 2012-10-17

PostSubject: Re: OK it's Thursday.   Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:34 am

No givens, but I'm pretty confident that we'll handle Nebraska at home. Think Northwestern on the road will be much tougher.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sandyeggo_blue

avatar

Posts : 5397
Join date : 2012-01-23
Age : 39
Location : San Diego, CA

PostSubject: Re: OK it's Thursday.   Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:02 pm

You people have drank the kook-aid. Big fucking deal that they beat up on some cupcakes over the next few weeks. Start beating some good teams and start winning on the road.

Rivalry record is pathetic.

Record against ranked teams on the road is pathetic.

But have fun telling yourself that the team is good after they beat up on these weak teams over the next few weeks.


The fans have become far too complacent with the teams achievements (or lack thereof) over the last 15 years. Yes I know, you all want championships and rivalry wins. Who doesn't? But the team has been given far too much leniency because they dangle 50 point blowouts in front of your face after devastating loss. Wake up people.

_________________
Every time we come, we get what we came for
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joe

avatar

Posts : 4006
Join date : 2012-01-25
Age : 55
Location : God's Country

PostSubject: Re: OK it's Thursday.   Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:17 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
You people have drank the kook-aid.

You are mistaken by my comments.

I am in no way claiming that victories over those teams make me satisfied. I'm saying we'll be lucky to win all the "easy" games as was mentioned.

We are that bad.

_________________
"What the HELL's going on out here?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wshoes

avatar

Posts : 2940
Join date : 2012-10-17

PostSubject: Re: OK it's Thursday.   Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:14 pm

How can you fairly judge how good or bad we are after one game? We don't know yet how good or bad ND is. If we struggle at all the next 2 weeks, then it is time to panic. If we don't struggle that won't prove any thing either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BOLEACH7

avatar

Posts : 1198
Join date : 2012-01-26
Location : the Soo

PostSubject: Re: OK it's Thursday.   Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:26 pm

My worry is that we saw the same mistakes and problems against a good team .... yes it was game one , but it was game one for the Irish as well , and they seemed very focused ... these problems have been there for years against good teams , as in no running game , poor offensive line play and our defense giving up huge plays ... Yes it is only one game and I am still hopeful of a good season ahead ... Go Blue !!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sandyeggo_blue

avatar

Posts : 5397
Join date : 2012-01-23
Age : 39
Location : San Diego, CA

PostSubject: Re: OK it's Thursday.   Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:10 am

wshoes wrote:
How can you fairly judge how good or bad we are after one game? We don't know yet how good or bad ND is. If we struggle at all the next 2 weeks, then it is time to panic. If we don't struggle that won't prove any thing either.

good or bad wasn't what I took away from the  ND game.

The offensive line is terrible. The quality of depth is quite possibly the worst in the B1G. that's what concerns me. And this is what we have after 3 full  recruiting classes from JH!

by the way, Karsen Barnhart looked TERRIBLE tonight. He was clearly the biggest kid on the field but that's about it.

..... But his upside right?

_________________
Every time we come, we get what we came for
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bo 2.0

avatar

Posts : 7946
Join date : 2012-02-03
Age : 43
Location : Within 10 minutes of The Big House.

PostSubject: Re: OK it's Thursday.   Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:16 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
wshoes wrote:
How can you fairly judge how good or bad we are after one game? We don't know yet how good or bad ND is. If we struggle at all the next 2 weeks, then it is time to panic. If we don't struggle that won't prove any thing either.

good or bad wasn't what I took away from the  ND game.

The offensive line is terrible. The quality of depth is quite possibly the worst in the B1G. that's what concerns me. And this is what we have after 3 full  recruiting classes from JH!

by the way, Karsen Barnhart looked TERRIBLE tonight. He was clearly the biggest kid on the field but that's about it.

..... But his upside right?

I understand that you are frustrated 'eggo as we all are but that being said I think that you're drunk. It's ok though as your statements have merit.

_________________
Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  cheers

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joe

avatar

Posts : 4006
Join date : 2012-01-25
Age : 55
Location : God's Country

PostSubject: Re: OK it's Thursday.   Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:41 pm

[/quote]

I understand that you are frustrated 'eggo as we all are  but that being said I think that you're drunk.  It's ok though as your statements have merit.[/quote]

Seriously?

_________________
"What the HELL's going on out here?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sandyeggo_blue

avatar

Posts : 5397
Join date : 2012-01-23
Age : 39
Location : San Diego, CA

PostSubject: Re: OK it's Thursday.   Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:41 pm

Bo 2.0 wrote:
I understand that you are frustrated 'eggo as we all are  but that being said I think that you're drunk.  It's ok though as your statements have merit.

joe wrote:
Seriously?

disappointment would be the proper word although frustration often works as well.

and bo... It seems that you confuse presumption with perception. I couldn't have been any more sober when I made my comments about the depth of the O line. But if you must pat yourself on the back (which we all perceive that you will), you can hide behind the fact that even a complete drunk can understand how horrible UM's O line quality of depth is.

I am a recruiting guy, it is the realm in which I live and I can say with 100% certainty that OL recruitment has been UM's biggest failure over the past decade +. I would debate that fact.

_________________
Every time we come, we get what we came for
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bo 2.0

avatar

Posts : 7946
Join date : 2012-02-03
Age : 43
Location : Within 10 minutes of The Big House.

PostSubject: Re: OK it's Thursday.   Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:39 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Bo 2.0 wrote:
I understand that you are frustrated 'eggo as we all are  but that being said I think that you're drunk.  It's ok though as your statements have merit.

joe wrote:
Seriously?

disappointment would be the proper word although frustration often works as well.

and bo... It seems that you confuse presumption with perception. I couldn't have been any more sober when I made my comments about the depth of the O line. But if you must pat yourself on the back (which we all perceive that you will), you can hide behind the fact that even a complete drunk can understand how horrible UM's O line quality of depth is.

I am a recruiting guy, it is the realm in which I live and I can say with 100% certainty that OL recruitment has been UM's biggest failure over the past decade +. I would debate that fact.

You're not just "a recruiting guy", you are THE recruiting guy. The Oline sucks, we know that. That doesn't mean that you stop supporting the other guys on the team.

_________________
Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  cheers

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: OK it's Thursday.   

Back to top Go down
 
OK it's Thursday.
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL FORUM-
Jump to: