Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Did I read BTN bottom line right

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

Did I read BTN bottom line right Empty
PostSubject: Did I read BTN bottom line right   Did I read BTN bottom line right EmptyTue Apr 09, 2019 4:00 pm

Poole and Iggy going pro, Who the fuck gave them the information they are ready. Igg is still learning college Basketball, And Poole well where do I start. learning defense. thinking while in motion, finding a mid range game. Niether are even near the top of the food chain and both need a lot of work.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Did I read BTN bottom line right   Did I read BTN bottom line right EmptyTue Apr 09, 2019 4:31 pm

Calm down. Exploratory only. Makes good sense to get a grade. Think it unlikely either goes.

edit.

Check that-I just read the press releases and this sounds like both are serious and this isn't merely exploratory. Huge mistake for both IMO.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Did I read BTN bottom line right   Did I read BTN bottom line right EmptyTue Apr 09, 2019 6:03 pm

I will put the percentage of them returning at 0%. These guys know they can make a little money in the G league, work on their game with NBA coaches and no college practice time restrictions. It makes sense to leave early if you have no desire to graduate.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Did I read BTN bottom line right   Did I read BTN bottom line right EmptyTue Apr 09, 2019 6:12 pm

What percentage of late second round G-league guys actually make a team for more than a cup of coffee? The only way it makes any sense to me is they want to play overseas, i.e. make some money, see the world. They may not like going to classes and doing schoolwork. I think what a lot of outsiders don't understand about Michigan is that while athletes get help with tutoring and may not take the most difficult curriculum, they do have to go to class and they do have to do schoolwork-themselves. This is different from a lot of Big Time programs- including Little brother.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Did I read BTN bottom line right   Did I read BTN bottom line right EmptyTue Apr 09, 2019 6:24 pm

wshoes wrote:
What percentage of late second round G-league guys actually make a team for more than a cup of coffee? The only way it makes any sense to me is they want to play overseas, i.e. make some money, see the world. They may not like going to classes and doing schoolwork. I think what a lot of outsiders don't understand about Michigan is that while athletes get help with tutoring and may not take the most difficult curriculum, they do have to go to class and they do have to do schoolwork-themselves. This is different from a lot of Big Time programs- including Little brother.

I agree. If they don't want to attend class, they should go.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Did I read BTN bottom line right   Did I read BTN bottom line right EmptyWed Apr 10, 2019 1:47 pm

I think Poole leaving is not a surprise considering what his Dad has said recently about pulling his kid from M because of some fans. And, besides that, rumors are going around that Jordan and Coach B have had some friction recently over PT. Definitely sounds like Jordan is moving on one way or another IMO
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Did I read BTN bottom line right   Did I read BTN bottom line right EmptyWed Apr 10, 2019 1:59 pm

I would be 100% shocked if any of them came back. Not gonna happen.

Doesn't matter what any of us think. We aren't in the heads or in the situations these young men are in. We have no idea.

Plus it's not all that terrible for the program to put guys in the pros early. It gives us a little wider recruiting range. Kids pay attention to that stuff.

Good luck to all of them.

PostSubject: Re: Did I read BTN bottom line right   Did I read BTN bottom line right Empty

Back to top Go down

Did I read BTN bottom line right
Page 1 of 1