Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: Baseball

Go down 
+3
wshoes
the artist formally known
ThatGuy
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

OT: Baseball - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OT: Baseball   OT: Baseball - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 15, 2019 8:53 pm

I'm pleasantly surprised.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: Baseball   OT: Baseball - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 16, 2019 6:15 pm

arkansas being pushed to the losers bracket only makes the path that much easier (for the time being)

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: Baseball   OT: Baseball - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 16, 2019 6:48 pm

https://247sports.com/college/michigan/Article/Amid-College-World-Series-run-Michigan-baseballs-Erik-Bakich-named-national-coach-of-the-year-132903491/

Deserved

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: OT: Baseball   OT: Baseball - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 16, 2019 10:55 pm

Arkansas losing was a surprise. What concerns me now is the fact that FSU's 1b guy goes tomorrow. CJ Van Eyk is a real stud, check out his stats:

https://d1baseball.com/player/eOzJiXgF/cj-van-eyk/

Van Eyk has better stats than Parrish but Parrish is a Junior and has been the Friday night starter all year so.

For comparison's sake here are Parrish's stats.

https://d1baseball.com/player/YFpXnPLM/drew-parrish/

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: OT: Baseball   OT: Baseball - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 16, 2019 10:56 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
https://247sports.com/college/michigan/Article/Amid-College-World-Series-run-Michigan-baseballs-Erik-Bakich-named-national-coach-of-the-year-132903491/

Deserved

I fully agree.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: OT: Baseball   OT: Baseball - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2019 9:50 pm

Henry cruisers through eight. No one warming up. Let's
see what happens...
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: OT: Baseball   OT: Baseball - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2019 10:17 pm

'woody you've gotta be going nuts.  I mean you played for Michigan.  These guys are representative of you and they are winning.  This is unreal.  Michigan baseball, who knew?  Let's just hope the three day layoff doesn't hurt them.  Kauffman starts Friday in my opinion.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

Last edited by Bo 2.0 on Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:19 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ***Oh snap mike played for Michigan. Sorry mike. Either way 'woody went to Michigan. They are playing for him too!)
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: OT: Baseball   OT: Baseball - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2019 10:30 pm

I played baseball for a few years but never for Michigan and actually was a better runner and switched to track. But, I love the game, especially the pitch-to-pitch drama in a late, close game. The pace only increases the tension. One of my lasting memories is the great Carlton Fisk home run in the '75 series. Some of my best memories are playing, watching, and photographing baseball.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: OT: Baseball   OT: Baseball - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2019 10:42 am

dwoody wrote:
I played baseball for a few years but never for Michigan and actually was a better runner and switched to track. But, I love the game, especially the pitch-to-pitch drama in a late, close game. The pace only increases the tension. One of my lasting memories is the great Carlton Fisk home run in the '75 series. Some of my best memories are playing, watching, and photographing baseball.

I'm right there with you. Baseball is my #1 love. I was very lucky to have all the instincts needed to be a great player. Unfortunately I ended up at 5'9" and 160 pounds. And I was nowhere near Jose Altuve.

I love watching defense and base running and outfielders throws.

I hate that you can make a perfect run and slide and because you lose contact with the base for .001 of a second and they call you out. Because slo slo slo motion replay caught you. That was not what replay was meant for.

They always said "It'll be used for game situations deciding the outcome and for sidelines issues." Now it's used if a shortstop breathes too hard. And it still doesn't always get it right.

Ok that's my annual rant about IR.

I love it from first pitch to the last. I'm the one whose team is down by 9 in the bottom of the 9th with 2 strikes on my hitter and I still believe my team can win.

I know the difference when an umpire misses a call and it goes to 1-2 instead of 2-1.

I could go on and on about baseball. I love it.

But

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: OT: Baseball   OT: Baseball - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2019 2:34 pm

joe wrote:
dwoody wrote:

I'm right there with you. Baseball is my #1 love. I was very lucky to have all the instincts needed to be a great player. Unfortunately I ended up at 5'9" and 160 pounds. And I was nowhere near Jose Altuve.

I love watching defense and base running and outfielders throws.

I hate that you can make a perfect run and slide and because you lose contact with the base for .001 of a second and they call you out. Because slo slo slo motion replay caught you. That was not what replay was meant for.

They always said "It'll be used for game situations deciding the outcome and for sidelines issues." Now it's used if a shortstop breathes too hard. And it still doesn't always get it right.

Ok that's my annual rant about IR.

I love it from first pitch to the last. I'm the one whose team is down by 9 in the bottom of the 9th with 2 strikes on my hitter and I still believe my team can win.

I know the difference when an umpire misses a call and it goes to 1-2 instead of 2-1.

I could go on and on about baseball. I love it.

But

I agree, well I'm not against IR so much but I do see your point.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: OT: Baseball   OT: Baseball - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2019 2:44 pm

Mike is our Mich baseball alum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: Baseball   OT: Baseball - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: Baseball
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3