Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I swear, every columnist who opined on yesterday's game...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
michmike

I swear, every columnist who opined on yesterday's game... Empty
PostSubject: I swear, every columnist who opined on yesterday's game...   I swear, every columnist who opined on yesterday's game... EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 8:21 am

Everyone seems intent on using the word "ugly": winning ugly, ugly and boring game, etc.  No one says a friggin' WORD about the "beautiful" (+1) performance of our defense.  As if defense doesn't matter in how a team looks/performs????   Geezus, remind you of anyone????

Our iconic coach must have been rolling over in his grave with pride over their effort. And (this time, unlike at Madison) over Don Brown's play-calling.

And NCHawk, not to break from humility in victory, or rub anything in, but for all the ballyhoo your O-line has received, they looked pretty ordinary yesterday. Not only did the running game (which came in averaging 220 ypm, albeit skewed greatly by the 340 against Mid.Tenn) pile up ONE BIG YARD, but the O-Line repeatedly failed to pick up blitzes---witness our 8 sacks---and Stanley was utterly out of sorts for most of the game.  Seriously: coming into the game, many "experts" (including U-M writers) stated we'd be facing the second-best O-line we'd see all year (behind Wiscy's).  I have to believe you are onto something in saying your O-line coach was a bad hire.

All that said, only a complete idiot would disagree with the legions of critics of our offense.  Tons of work to do---and then some---before seeing the likes of PSU, ND and OSU.
Back to top Go down
michmike

I swear, every columnist who opined on yesterday's game... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I swear, every columnist who opined on yesterday's game...   I swear, every columnist who opined on yesterday's game... EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 8:25 am

CAVEAT to my preceding post:  Maybe, just maybe, we should credit IOWA'S DEFENSE for at least an appreciable portion of our offensive offensive (sic) showing yesterday???
Back to top Go down

I swear, every columnist who opined on yesterday's game...
Page 1 of 1