Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sorely disappointed after yesterdays game. Even though I have remained

Go down 
+5
the artist formally known
jjabilene
Admin
fishgoblue22
Go_Blue
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Go_Blue

Go_Blue

Sorely disappointed after yesterdays game.  Even though I have remained Empty
PostSubject: Sorely disappointed after yesterdays game. Even though I have remained   Sorely disappointed after yesterdays game.  Even though I have remained EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 8:48 am

somewhat less than optimistic about this year's Team, I allowed myself to get overly hyped for this game. We are not even close to being in the same league with Bama. We might have lost Countess for the season (although I am hearing it is only a sprain) but why? Why was he on special teams at all. We are not very deep at CB and yet we have our best one playing on STs where injuries happen often. Lewan-status unknown...Big Will-status unknown. This might be a long year. I think we will be okay in B1G play, but this might be why Coach Hoke says his main priority is to win the B1G.

Man i can't wait till we get some of the new recruits up to speed and size. For now, I will just have to tough it out through the week before gameday, because from what I saw, we don't have any guaranteed win with the exception of UMass.

Go Blue!!

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Sorely disappointed after yesterdays game. Even though I have remained   Sorely disappointed after yesterdays game.  Even though I have remained EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 11:57 am

Looks like a 7-5 team to me.

I was disgusted last night.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sorely disappointed after yesterdays game. Even though I have remained   Sorely disappointed after yesterdays game.  Even though I have remained EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 12:41 pm

I still believe in this team, I truly do. And I don't think it's blind faith, either.

We played a team of BADASSES last night. They are a cut-above every other CFB team right now, save for possibly LSU this season.

I think ANY other BIG team thrown into that matchup last night sees the exact same result, if not worse. Than includes MSU, Wiscy, Ohio and the others.

It was just the 2011 Cap One Bowl that MSU was thrashed 49-7 by Bama, and believe me, that Tide team would have been taken to the woodshed if they had an intersquad scrimmage today with last night's squad.

I'm not happy with the way we played, no doubt. I think even worse was our offensive game plan, as I discussed this morning on mgorecruiting.blogspot.com

When our first designed Denard run isn't until the last play of the first quarter, we're in trouble.

I was thoroughly unimpressed with the BIG as a whole all weekend, and that sets up Team 133 with a real chance to earn a trip to Pasadena.

Could we go 7-5? Easily. But could we go 11-1? Absolutely.

I think the common prediction of 9-3 sits about right.

However, if we can get passed MSU on October 20th, this team will have a very good shot at the Rose.

I believe in this team. I believe in Hoke.

We just aren't at that ELITE level yet, which makes sense, considering this is just YEAR 2.

Go Blue Forever.

jjabilene

PostSubject: I think the most troubling unit to me...   Sorely disappointed after yesterdays game.  Even though I have remained EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:37 pm

was the receiving core (except possibly for Gallon). Weren't getting any separation at all nearly the entire game. With Denard's passing struggles, that is not a good sign. I expected both our lines to get dominated and unfortunately they did. It's also hard to judge the secondary when Countess went out so early. They were definitely focusing on his side of the field after he went out. It's hard not to downgrade expectations after that game. I just hope the injuries don't turn out to be too serious. If they are, it's definitely a worst case scenario for Game 1.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sorely disappointed after yesterdays game. Even though I have remained   Sorely disappointed after yesterdays game.  Even though I have remained EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:43 pm

Countess rumor is a sprain. Have heard nothing on Moore or Lewan.

Go_Blue

Go_Blue

PostSubject: Re: Sorely disappointed after yesterdays game. Even though I have remained   Sorely disappointed after yesterdays game.  Even though I have remained EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:52 pm

Okay Admin, I feel better now. I have always believed in this Team and Hoke. I was just disappointed this morning. Now I have had a chance to talk to some people and got another look at it. Our defense only gave up 10 points in the second half. Big Will played pretty well...almost living up to his potential. We have a GREAT punter! Wile averaged 68 yards per punt. That will be a valuable weapon in the future.

I am sure this Team will pull it together and start going in the right direction. Oh well. next Saturday is another game and I am looking forward to it!!

Go Blue!!

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Sorely disappointed after yesterdays game. Even though I have remained   Sorely disappointed after yesterdays game.  Even though I have remained EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 2:16 pm

Hagerup punted some booming kicks. Coverage needs to be better. Wile had a touchback on every kickoff. Hate the 25 yard line after touchbacks. Penalizes the kicking team for having a strong leg kicker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorely disappointed after yesterdays game. Even though I have remained   Sorely disappointed after yesterdays game.  Even though I have remained EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 3:13 pm

Alabama exploited every weakness Michigan had, poor front line on both side of the ball. Weak depthin the DB, and no passing game at all.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Sorely disappointed after yesterdays game. Even though I have remained   Sorely disappointed after yesterdays game.  Even though I have remained EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 3:54 pm

Pretty sure that each and every one of us was a bit too optimistic going into that game but truth be told, it could have been worse. Right after the very first 'bama possession, you know the 3 & out, I receive a bad feeling. We'll be ok although as Go_Blue so eloquently asked, why the fudge was Countess on Special Teams? Well, the answer is that he wanted to be and we still don't have the depth not to play him on ST. Maybe losing Fitz for that game (if you can call it a game) was a blessing in disguise? Fitz doesn't get banged up, it gives us an excuse why we didn't win (although even if he played we still would have lost), Michigan still gets put on a pedestal for doing the right thing. Could that have been Coach Hoke's rationale all along?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Sorely disappointed after yesterdays game. Even though I have remained   Sorely disappointed after yesterdays game.  Even though I have remained EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 7:45 pm

I must say I was one of a very few who is not totally surprised by the game last night. I LOVE my Blue, but I am a realist and I knew we would have MAJOR problems on the O and D fronts. Those problems did kill us last night, but that is in the past and we will NOT see a team the rest of this year with 1/10 the talent as Bama. Call me a total nut case, but I can say with guarded optimisum that I feel we will be just fine IF BC and TL aren't lost for the year. I have been on the road all day so I don't know their status, but I hope that they aren't done. IMHO, if they aren't lost, I would not have a problem if they sat out for the next two weeks just to make sure that they heal properly. To me the KEYS will be getting DR to settle down and make throws like a true QB and for Borges to wake up and start using DR the right way. I agree with Admin that not seeing our first designed Denard run until the last play of the first quarter is very troubling. That needs to be fixed. Guys, no doubt we are going to face some really tough games, but I didn't see any quit in our young men, and to me that bodes well if we stay healthy and Borges really let's DR be DR. Go Blue!!!!

WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Sorely disappointed after yesterdays game. Even though I have remained   Sorely disappointed after yesterdays game.  Even though I have remained EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 10:15 pm

Ok so my 24 hour cooling off period is over.

First, let me say that is the best o-line we will see all season. They are loaded with talent. Is there a guy on their team that is not 6'6 280? The one hit on Rawls that sent him 5 yds. back about says it all. I think it was their safety that did that.

Enough kudos for Bama-

WTF was that offensive game plan? I had to keep checking the tv guide to see if this was an old game with Lloyd as the coach. A lot of runs up the middle. Clearly it was not working but it seemed like they would not abandon it. As others have mentioned very few Denard runs. I know we are going to the pro style offense but perhaps we should wait until we have a pro style QB. Denard ain't it.

Denard-Inconsistent at best as a passer. Lacks accuracy and good decision making. I watched his feet during the game and he looked good. He did not seem to have happy feet and seemed poised and than he would unleash a horribly thrown ball (for the most part). Two picks and many more under thrown, thrown into double coverage and under thrown. Looks like another season on the edge of our seats.

Gardner-Welp he's a receiver. Bellomy looks to be #2 in spit of what the depth chart says. Gardner showed some potential. Still looked raw though. He had the ability to get open but him and Denard struggled to hook up. Not sure if that was a Denard problem of a DG running routes problem.

Defense-Poor, poor tackling. There were several lays where a Bama player would run through 4+ tacklers. Very disappointing.

Roundtree was pretty much a no show.

I am not going to base season predictions off of that game. I think Air Force will be a much better gauge. Their offense will be a test and should give us a better idea of what our d-line will be like.
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: Sorely disappointed after yesterdays game. Even though I have remained   Sorely disappointed after yesterdays game.  Even though I have remained EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 10:27 pm

Per twitter, UMGoBlog, Countess out for yr with torn knee ligaments. Not good news.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Sorely disappointed after yesterdays game. Even though I have remained   Sorely disappointed after yesterdays game.  Even though I have remained EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 10:45 pm

SHIT!!!! Heard it was a sprain.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Sorely disappointed after yesterdays game. Even though I have remained   Sorely disappointed after yesterdays game.  Even though I have remained EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 2:40 am

Sorry to say that booboo's news has been confirmed:

http://detroit.sbnation.com/michigan-wolverines/2012/9/2/3288228/blake-countess-injury-michigan-football

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sorely disappointed after yesterdays game. Even though I have remained   Sorely disappointed after yesterdays game.  Even though I have remained Empty

Back to top Go down

Sorely disappointed after yesterdays game. Even though I have remained
Page 1 of 1