Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

latest rumor... Joe Milton gone...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

latest rumor... Joe Milton gone... Empty
PostSubject: latest rumor... Joe Milton gone...   latest rumor... Joe Milton gone... EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 9:00 pm

.... from scout team. Many sites and boards are saying he's going to be the starter.

ha ha ha, sorry didn't mean to give heart attacks but thought it might be fun to troll for a minute.

Anyway, as I said above it looks like Joe Milton has surpassed D Mac and C Mac and I'm hearing that if the season started today he'd be the starter.

This surprises me because a few months ago I would have bet a beer that McCaffrey was going to start. Then we started hearing all of the two QB rumors and I still thought that McCaffrey would be 1a with milton being 1b. I sure hope we get to see just what this kid can do this year.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: latest rumor... Joe Milton gone...   latest rumor... Joe Milton gone... EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 2:28 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
.... from scout team. Many sites and boards are saying he's going to be the starter.

ha ha ha, sorry didn't mean to give heart attacks but thought it might be fun to troll for a minute.

Anyway, as I said above it looks like Joe Milton has surpassed D Mac and C Mac and I'm hearing that if the season started today he'd be the starter.

This surprises me because a few months ago I would have bet a beer that McCaffrey was going to start. Then we started hearing all of the two QB rumors and I still thought that McCaffrey would be 1a with milton being 1b. I sure hope we get to see just what this kid can do this year.

That's what I was thinking as well. It was my opinion (which obviously doesn't mean anything) that Milton was too rough. Will we finally be seeing the QB-whisperer effect?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: latest rumor... Joe Milton gone...   latest rumor... Joe Milton gone... EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 3:36 pm

Bo 2.0 wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

That's what I was thinking as well.  It was my opinion (which obviously doesn't mean anything) that Milton was too rough.  Will we finally be seeing the QB-whisperer effect?

dont forget that the system and coordinator may have something to do with this. see john okorn with jed fisch in year 1. absolutely perfect fit.

which also is why I think that the Drevno/Hamilton OC days didn't do Speight/Peters/Shea any favors and it's also why I thought McCaffrey would've been a better option and even while playing through underclassman growing pains. He would've been the right fit IMO.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: latest rumor... Joe Milton gone...   latest rumor... Joe Milton gone... EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 10:53 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Bo 2.0 wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

That's what I was thinking as well.  It was my opinion (which obviously doesn't mean anything) that Milton was too rough.  Will we finally be seeing the QB-whisperer effect?

dont forget that the system and coordinator may have something to do with this. see john okorn with jed fisch in year 1. absolutely perfect fit.

which also is why I think that the Drevno/Hamilton OC days didn't do Speight/Peters/Shea any favors and it's also why I thought McCaffrey would've been a better option and even while playing through underclassman growing pains. He would've been the right fit IMO.

Yea, speed in space definitely played a role here. Thanks for pointing that out, it makes more sense now. I never thought myself that Milton would be a great pocket passer. He's big though and he can keep the defense honest because he has a freaking cannon for an arm. I have my doubts about the accuracy of it but fact of the matter is it's there.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: latest rumor... Joe Milton gone...   latest rumor... Joe Milton gone... EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 6:46 pm

there was an article on 247 that was essentially a chat with Devin Gardner.

Devin has been working with Joe for a while now and had a few things to say.

Basically he wanted to remind everyone of just how huge Milton is. He's every bit of 6'5 250 (he said 6'7" in his cleats). He compared him in size to Cam Newton.

He said that Milton can make the throws because his arm strength isn't an issue and he's really athletic. He's not Denard athletic but he's much more athletic than you would think a guy that size would be.

I'm getting excited and hope that I get to see him play this fall.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: latest rumor... Joe Milton gone...   latest rumor... Joe Milton gone... EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 1:15 am

I still don't think that we'll see it but....

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/big-ten-football-latest-news-as-task-force-reportedly-prepares-outline-for-return-in-2020-season/?fbclid=IwAR0WVZMhRdLmDgA7Fw4qSjqAYXFE1s5AhZuyOjwgLAzW8xGGouyKwYjkSWw

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: latest rumor... Joe Milton gone...   latest rumor... Joe Milton gone... EmptySun Sep 13, 2020 12:44 am

Talk is a vote could come later today, with a mid-October start. WTF is the point? Athletes blow a year of eligibility for a super-abbreviated season under highly questionable public health conditions. Stupid at this point.

BetterThansparty likes this post

Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: latest rumor... Joe Milton gone...   latest rumor... Joe Milton gone... EmptySun Sep 13, 2020 2:12 am

dwoody wrote:
Talk is a vote could come later today, with a mid-October start. WTF is the point? Athletes blow a year of eligibility for a super-abbreviated season under highly questionable public health conditions. Stupid at this point.

I highly doubt that the vote will pass. They need 9 "play" votes which is 6 additional votes. I do not think that they have it, I could be wrong though....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: latest rumor... Joe Milton gone...   latest rumor... Joe Milton gone... EmptySun Sep 13, 2020 10:43 am

dwoody wrote:

I thought i read somewhere that everyone is given a potential 6th year of eligibility...not sure what the details are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: latest rumor... Joe Milton gone...   latest rumor... Joe Milton gone... Empty

Back to top Go down

latest rumor... Joe Milton gone...
Page 1 of 1